"The PS4 is just a PS3.5. The XB1 is actually a next gen console."

#21SaintFC_Posted 8/22/2013 10:07:56 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
SaintFC_ posted...
Rententive? Did you mean retentive? Or is rententive a word??

Auto-spellcheck. Guess my phone thinks it's a word.

It was the other guy, not you.
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
I'm the ghost in the machine, I'm the genius in the gene, I'm the beauty in the beast, I'm the sunset in the east .
#22ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 10:09:48 PM
SaintFC_ posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
SaintFC_ posted...
Rententive? Did you mean retentive? Or is rententive a word??

Auto-spellcheck. Guess my phone thinks it's a word.

It was the other guy, not you.

Oh, then I just yelled at my phone for no reason.

~carry on~
#23pigman2003Posted 8/23/2013 1:45:58 AM
The term "next-gen" to me means innovation in games we haven't seen before, the Xbox One has those things, Facial recognition, Drivatars, Kinect features,etc...

The PS4 just doesn't get me excited about anything, Forza 5 looks better than anything on the PS4 at the moment, the games they're offering are very standard, not a single blockbuster, and their heavy emphasis on indie games makes me doubt that the PS4 is the console to lead anyone into next gen.

Even if you took away all the stuff that the provides innovation on the Xbox One, they still have a solid game line up and TitanFall. Titanfall is a blockbuster, a system seller, The cream in Microsoft's delicious exclusive pie, add on to that all the other great exclusives and the Xbox One has me most excited for next gen.
#24Spetsnaz420Posted 8/23/2013 1:56:36 AM
pigman2003 posted...
The term "next-gen" to me means innovation in games we haven't seen before, the Xbox One has those things, Facial recognition, Drivatars, Kinect features,etc...

The PS4 just doesn't get me excited about anything, Forza 5 looks better than anything on the PS4 at the moment, the games they're offering are very standard, not a single blockbuster, and their heavy emphasis on indie games makes me doubt that the PS4 is the console to lead anyone into next gen.

Even if you took away all the stuff that the provides innovation on the Xbox One, they still have a solid game line up and TitanFall. Titanfall is a blockbuster, a system seller, The cream in Microsoft's delicious exclusive pie, add on to that all the other great exclusives and the Xbox One has me most excited for next gen.

Reputation management
---
Prepare for involuntary rectal focused coitus
#25MrSpaM111Posted 8/23/2013 2:26:07 AM
METALINGUS5150 posted...
They think Kinect makes it a next gen console as opposed to PS4 which doesn't have a camera included in the box.

So a camera makes your console next gen now?

wow

Does that mean my 360 is a next gen console then?

What about my ps3? if i plug the ps eye into it does it turn it into a next gen console?!?

NEXT GEN HERE I COME!!!!
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#26Kosmo240985Posted 8/23/2013 4:35:02 AM
What makes the xbox one a next gen console, or at least to the people who state that ps4 is just a ps3.5, is that microsoft tried to move forward with the xbox one.

key word tried.

although the policies were crap, they wanted to move toward an all digital gaming experience.

they implemented 3 OS's and an overhauled UI.

this isn't just wave a hand and scroll side to side or say xbox on.

the kinect 2.0 is revolutionary in camera, motion and voice recognition software. even sony was impressed with it. people even feared it and said it was a spy machine...

on top of the kinect, MS is trying to integrate all entertainment. believ it or not, not everyone is a video game only person. they are making contracts and deals with tv companies to integrate their xbox one into tv, they made deals with NFL and are in the talks for NHL and NBA to make deals to integrate sports into the system. they know that most people these days multi task, so they added a snap function so that you could do that on the xbox one.

all of this is forward thinking. all ps4 did was bump up hardware.

that's what people are saying. MS did something different, whether you think it's good or bad..it's still different. and with the staleness everyone felt at the end of this generation, to some a change was more refreshing.

you say i can switch my tv with my remote i don't need an xbox, but it's little changes like that that make a difference.

i remember in college when smrt phones were a big deal. i told myself i dont need one, its gimmick its flashy, i just need a phone to make calls. no i could never go back to a basic phone.

so whether you're a fan boy pro or con, whether you're a hardcore or casual, boy shemale girl whatever... microsoft at least tried to make it different, and regardless of the 180's the system is still mostly different.

i for one will be buying all my games digital so that i can quickly change games without disk swapping. i make enough money to not give a rats arse about selling back used games. 20 bucks difference is arse wiping money for me.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#27ScRuiPosted 8/23/2013 4:46:25 AM
Kosmo240985 posted...
What makes the xbox one a next gen console, or at least to the people who state that ps4 is just a ps3.5, is that microsoft tried to move forward with the xbox one.

key word tried.

although the policies were crap, they wanted to move toward an all digital gaming experience.

they implemented 3 OS's and an overhauled UI.

this isn't just wave a hand and scroll side to side or say xbox on.

the kinect 2.0 is revolutionary in camera, motion and voice recognition software. even sony was impressed with it. people even feared it and said it was a spy machine...

on top of the kinect, MS is trying to integrate all entertainment. believ it or not, not everyone is a video game only person. they are making contracts and deals with tv companies to integrate their xbox one into tv, they made deals with NFL and are in the talks for NHL and NBA to make deals to integrate sports into the system. they know that most people these days multi task, so they added a snap function so that you could do that on the xbox one.

all of this is forward thinking. all ps4 did was bump up hardware.

that's what people are saying. MS did something different, whether you think it's good or bad..it's still different. and with the staleness everyone felt at the end of this generation, to some a change was more refreshing.

you say i can switch my tv with my remote i don't need an xbox, but it's little changes like that that make a difference.

i remember in college when smrt phones were a big deal. i told myself i dont need one, its gimmick its flashy, i just need a phone to make calls. no i could never go back to a basic phone.

so whether you're a fan boy pro or con, whether you're a hardcore or casual, boy shemale girl whatever... microsoft at least tried to make it different, and regardless of the 180's the system is still mostly different.

i for one will be buying all my games digital so that i can quickly change games without disk swapping. i make enough money to not give a rats arse about selling back used games. 20 bucks difference is arse wiping money for me.

This... /topic
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
#28zack12369Posted 8/23/2013 6:02:28 AM
Who cares if the ps4 IS a ps3.5? All I need is a controller and a game. I don't need a spy camera or a glorified cable box.
---
Gamefaqs. The only place where you can get called a troll for throwing facts and opinions around.
http://tinyurl.com/d34tjqt
#29MRL3G3NDPosted 8/23/2013 6:08:13 AM
you always want your team to win, but this is getting ridiculous

I thought sony fanboys were ridiculous...but it seems the xbox fanboys are even worse

bypassing any logic and sense; fueled by PR spin rumor and speculation...allergic to the facts
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#30mikel93Posted 8/23/2013 6:27:51 AM
zack12369 posted...
Who cares if the ps4 IS a ps3.5? All I need is a controller and a game. I don't need a spy camera or a glorified cable box.

Hearing people call the PS4 a PS3.5 is absurd (it's actually next-gen compared to Xbox One, which is nothing but an Xbox 360.5 to me)... The Xbox One feels that way due to the reversals they made.