Microsoft Confirms It: XBOX ONE Will Never Come Without Kinect

#11SaintFC_Posted 8/22/2013 11:09:30 PM
MrMolinaro posted...
They just have to say that at the moment so they don't hurt launch sales with the promise of a cheaper SKU to come.

So MS are lying to us just to get our money? No, surely not!
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
I'm the ghost in the machine, I'm the genius in the gene, I'm the beauty in the beast, I'm the sunset in the east .
#12TheSL1ClubPosted 8/22/2013 11:12:49 PM(edited)
The wiiu's pad is WiiU's controller which is justified, the kinect on the other hand is Xbox one's.....what? If you don't need to plug it in to play games, what's so 'necessary' about it?
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#13BastichlivesPosted 8/22/2013 11:23:13 PM
HENTAIDOJl posted...
That's it. I've definitely cancelled my pre-order.

Why did you pre order it in the first place as the information given by Microsoft has always been that Kinect is a fundamental part of the Xbox one.
---
Haters gonna hate.
#14Millertime660Posted 8/22/2013 11:29:34 PM
TheSL1Club posted...
The wiiu's pad is WiiU's controller which is justified, the kinect on the other hand is Xbox one's.....what? If you don't need to plug it in to play games, what's so 'necessary' about it?

wii u can use a bunch of different controllers.... I dont see your argument here. They want kinect to be supported as much as possible. Some people love it, others dont. Pretty easy
#15matt-nicklinPosted 8/22/2013 11:42:19 PM
HENTAIDOJl posted...
That's it. I've definitely cancelled my pre-order.

So you pre ordered it with kinect, knowing it would come with kinect. However now you know it will never come without kinect you have cancelled your pre order.

What did you think was going to happen, your pre order would magically drop in price and the kinect would disappear?
---
Black FC 2924 3613 2338
#16BloodyDove2vsPosted 8/22/2013 11:48:43 PM
Kinect 2.0 is there for a reason. (information provided)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#17dearestnightPosted 8/23/2013 12:00:45 AM
This saddens me. I was upset with the console for some time but the amount of play my 360 gave me over the years had me still thinking off and on about giving it a chance. The kinect really is the one feature I can never see myself finding useful. I guess my decision is made up for me. :-/

Good luck MS. I hope every company does well this gen, it's just a shame I'll miss the exclusives.
#18pigman2003Posted 8/23/2013 1:49:12 AM
Good, I know a lot of people my hate to hear this but the Kinect is getting much more support now that everyone with an Xbox One will own one.

People who doubt the new Kinect I urge you to research it and what people who've tried it think. Every person who's had a hands on with the new Kinect can vouch that it works and we've already seen the cool features it can give us like facial recognition, and custom animation like in project spark.
#19Millertime660Posted 8/23/2013 1:53:13 AM
pigman2003 posted...
Good, I know a lot of people my hate to hear this but the Kinect is getting much more support now that everyone with an Xbox One will own one.

People who doubt the new Kinect I urge you to research it and what people who've tried it think. Every person who's had a hands on with the new Kinect can vouch that it works and we've already seen the cool features it can give us like facial recognition, and custom animation like in project spark.

custom animation and mocap in project spark makes me want that game just to see the crazy story based games people are going to come up with!
#20Gamer4e4Posted 8/23/2013 2:16:54 AM
TheSL1Club posted...
Then I will never buy an xbox one I guess.

Same for me. :(

Shame.