War Thunder dev comments on Xbox One vs. PS4 power

#1dolablaPosted 8/23/2013 3:08:09 AM(edited)
http://www.edge-online.com/news/gaijin-games-on-why-war-thunder-isnt-coming-to-xbox-one/

So itís about policy, not power.

AY: No itís not about power.

KY: We are scalable. We are running on a toaster [laughs].

AY: Well, obviously PlayStation 4 is more powerful than Xbox One.

How much more powerful?

AY: It depends what youíre doing. GPU, like 40 per cent more powerful. DDR5 is basically 50 per cent more powerful than DDR3, but the memory write is bigger on Xbox One so it depends on what youíre doing.

How is that going to translate to on-screen results for the kinds of games you want to make? So to optimise War Thunder on both consoles you could hypothetically make a better, prettier version on PS4?

AY: Yep.
#2BrusselsAffairPosted 8/23/2013 3:00:13 AM
Yh but teh cloudz!
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
FC: 3582-9241-5705
#3Millertime660Posted 8/23/2013 3:08:46 AM
BrusselsAffair posted...
Yh but teh cloudz!

what?
#4Decimator11Posted 8/23/2013 3:10:32 AM
We already knew there was a power difference. The question is if it will translate to anything extremely noticeable.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg
#5CoolAsianDudePosted 8/23/2013 3:55:55 AM
Not looking good...
---
I ask a lot of questions. Just to let 'ya know.
#6ViryuPosted 8/23/2013 4:00:51 AM
I'm more worried about the still existent restrictions than the power difference. Despite so many promises, MS still hasn't done anything to make it easier for indepedent developers.
#7embrandedonePosted 8/23/2013 4:02:59 AM
Viryu posted...
I'm more worried about the still existent restrictions than the power difference. Despite so many promises, MS still hasn't done anything to make it easier for indepedent developers.

^this

Their policies turned off indies like the makers of Everybody's gone to Rapture.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#8656stoogePosted 8/23/2013 4:06:10 AM
Best news in that article is that PS4 doesn't require permission for patches. Such a stupid trend this gen having patches being too expensive or sitting there for months wait for permission.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#9SirLemontPosted 8/23/2013 4:21:28 AM
embrandedone posted...
Viryu posted...

^this

Their policies turned off indies like the makers of Everybody's gone to Rapture.

Doesn't matter. You've seen how Xboxers scoffed at indie games. They really want the big publisher games.
#10SoulTrapperPosted 8/23/2013 4:24:03 AM
Decimator11 posted...
We already knew there was a power difference. The question is if it will translate to anything extremely noticeable.

Well, they did say it's possible that we'll see a difference, but it's entirely dependent on the devs and whether or not they want to make their games look different on each console.

It does indicate the exclusives will have an edge on the ps4.
---
PSN: El_Coon