Another one bites the dust...Steve Ballmer to retire in 12 months

#21Skynet82997Posted 8/23/2013 6:11:33 AM
tokenblackguy23 posted...
specialed1583 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125613-Microsoft-CEO-Steve-Ballmer-Takes-Control-Of-Xbox-Division

Okay, that was what...a month?

Yes but do we really need to count the number of 180's Microsoft performed within a month? I have my Xbox One pre-ordered with 9 games paid off but for Microsoft to announce two big fish especially your CEO is considered breaking news.

Breaking news MS CEO reaches age of retirement after raking in mountains of cash.

Do your research before you reply, I don't want to argue your opinion I deal with facts.

http://www.netnetweb.com/blog/top-10-reasons-why-steve-ballmer-has-failed-microsoft%E2%80%99s-ceo

Dude - c'mon. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but some crappy blog/opinion piece is hardly a credible, or factual, source.

Like this silly nonsense - "Ballmer is a Maniac. If youíve ever seen the guy do a presentation, youíll know what Iím talking about. He turns into this crazed psycho, something like a cross between a Planet of the Apes extra, a solo mosh pit dancer, and Gallagher. Ballmer is infamous too for his temper, having reportedly had many obscenity laced screaming matches in his office with subordinates, even reportedly throwing a chair when Mark Lucovsky told him he was going to work for Google."
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#22Styrof0amPosted 8/23/2013 6:17:01 AM
Even if Ballmer was with MS from the get-go, he's been in charge during back-to-back conumser backlash, ie. XB1 and Win 8. It makes perfect sense he steps down, MS needs new blood.

Sony got a new CEO in Kazuo Hirai last year, which seem to have helpded them.
#23Special-EddPosted 8/23/2013 6:18:14 AM
specialed1583 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8To-6VIJZRE

HAHAHA okay, that was pretty good.

You have not seen the worse LMAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8M6S8EKbnU

Billy Mays had nothing on Steve Ballmer!
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#24SilentS89Posted 8/23/2013 6:20:52 AM
Third console curse.
#25yanksfan4247Posted 8/23/2013 6:22:56 AM
Anyone saying Ballmer was terrible as a CEO isnt very informed.

He had two key screw ups:
1. Smartphone market
2. Tablet market

If he positioned the company correctly 5 years ago, Android would be WP right now.
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer
#26EnclavePosted 8/23/2013 6:56:04 AM
Microsoft is about to be doing a transition into services and devices from software, his plan apparently was to retire in the middle of that transition, I suppose get it started and stable and hand it off to somebody else to finish.

The fact that he's leaving now when the transition is just starting? That suggests he's been asked to retire rather than did so of his own volition.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#27Pixx0Posted 8/23/2013 7:00:37 AM
Good riddance.
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#28Jiggy101011Posted 8/23/2013 7:42:01 AM
L96A1BOSS posted...
specialed1583 posted...
Don Mattrick was forced out after E3. Steve Ballmer is almost 60 and has made billions of dollars. Him retiring has nothing to do with the Xbox One.

You are right he's going to retire 1 year from now when the xbox 1 hit the ocean floor so he can still have his retirement funds smart man.

SunDevil77 glad to know am still hitting you where it hurts out of all the people who rip you a new one THE BIG BOSS is the first one you quote.

You call yourself the big boss?? Lol you guys are getting weirder and weirder.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2
PSN ID: F1REx
#29Orange_ApplesPosted 8/23/2013 8:56:58 AM
Yeah, not a good sign for the company. Even if his retirement has nothing to do with Xbox One, it is definitely not good timing especially after Mattrick. At least he's got a whole year. He's staying until the console's release and like 9 months after that.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.