Why would you all think MS is holding out on the release date?

#11rvnenderPosted 8/23/2013 10:09:39 AM
I want both consoles to come out on the same day. It would be epic.
---
"Not everybody has tube TVs without input lag. Tube TVs now banned online" -Maverick_McCain in reply to why turbo is frowned upon
#12BudWisenheimer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 10:18:57 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
I remember getting a date earlier than that

You remember wrong. Probably just overexcited and impatient. I'm getting there too.
#13Nice_RobbyPosted 8/23/2013 10:27:01 AM
rvnender posted...
I want both consoles to come out on the same day. It would be epic.

As a person that work at retail... No.... Heck no!
---
Xbox Live Sn: Nice Robby
PSN Sn: Nice_Robby
#14TBONE_OGPosted 8/23/2013 10:34:28 AM(edited)
BudWisenheimer posted...
babamig posted...
They are not sure on the date.
gee I wonder why.

Probably were waiting out Sony ... and now MSFT is going to each of their launch day developers to see what's doable since they don't have the mandatory 24-hour update to lean on anymore (although Forza is doing this anyway). Meanwhile the Xbone could be ready to launch by November 1 as there hasn't been any concrete evidence to prove otherwise.

That right there. This is why MS could be late or whatever. They had a plan, got backlash, got a new plan, and now it's had some repercussions on how they get the games out on time and complete.

I have no worries. Day one patches to fix games is nothing new.
---
Always O.G.
#15L4YER_CAKEPosted 8/23/2013 10:36:29 AM
they probably don't know yet, they have to get some approval right? Fcc or something, I read that here once or so a day.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#16regsantotomasPosted 8/23/2013 10:37:17 AM
I guess that I am not as hung up on a release date as some.

As far as the speculation around the announcement, it could be a number of things:

- They were waiting for Sony
- They are working with their partners to make sure day one launch games are ready
- The DRM policy change has extended the development of the day 1 update
- Manufacturing issues

And my personal favorite
- They had always planned on announcing it later.

Either way, I'm good with the general November date for now even though I am very much looking forward to having this console in my house.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#17BudWisenheimer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 3:53:02 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...
babamig posted...
They are not sure on the date.
gee I wonder why.

Probably were waiting out Sony ... and now MSFT is going to each of their launch day developers to see what's doable since they don't have the mandatory 24-hour update to lean on anymore (although Forza is doing this anyway). Meanwhile the Xbone could be ready to launch by November 1 as there hasn't been any concrete evidence to prove otherwise.

That right there. This is why MS could be late or whatever. They had a plan, got backlash, got a new plan, and now it's had some repercussions on how they get the games out on time and complete.

I have no worries. Day one patches to fix games is nothing new.

Yeah. Same with the OS. The Xbone will ship with no capabilities other than powering on and accepting an update (not a DRM patch) that provides the newest refined version of their DRM-free OS. They were thinking: "Cool! More time to work on OS. And more time to develop all of our 1st-party games for the life of the console!"

But the fans raged. And the 24-hour check was eliminated. Eh. That's life. Maybe next time.

Actually ... I don't doubt for a second that MSFT would be happy to patch in the 24-hour check whenever they feel like it. Especially with the benefits (to developers) listed above.

#18SparkItUpPosted 8/23/2013 4:48:14 PM
November 27th is most likely the launch, seems like an odd day to pick as a placeholder date by Amazon
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#19AwayFromHerePosted 8/23/2013 4:56:47 PM
In 2005, they didn't have their main competitor to worry about. They were all alone.

Their competitor has laid everything out and people expect MS to as well.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#20TYWlN_LANNISTERPosted 8/23/2013 4:57:40 PM
The Xbox One strikes me as a console planned originally for 2014, and ever since Sony came like a bolt out of the blue in February, they've been frantically playing catchup, on top of the whole policy change fiasco.

I think this console will just scrape 2013 release at the beginning of December.