Microsoft Investor Wants To Fire Ballmer And Sell Xbox Division

#1SoulTrapperPosted 8/23/2013 11:04:26 AM(edited)
http://www.eteknix.com/microsoft-investor-wants-to-fire-ballmer-and-sell-xbox-division/

Analyst Rick Sherlund claims that big changes are going to take place very soon as other shareholders support the decision to get rid of Steve Ballmer in addition to the investment group ValueAct. According to the report ValueAct are seeking to replace Steve Ballmer because his strategy “inspires little confidence”.

Furthermore it is believed they might target the Xbox division and try and get rid of it altogether. This would allow Microsoft to focus on other products and mainly Windows.

“Xbox is cool, but by our estimates Microsoft has not made money at this”

Apparently, Balmer's retirement isn't exactly a clear cut case.

Better let people up there know this isn't what you want to happen to the xbox brand.

(For anyone who doesn't know much about business: 1% is an important shareholder)
---
PSN: El_Coon
#2Orange_ApplesPosted 8/23/2013 11:03:07 AM
Well there it is, MS shareholders see gaming as a distraction whereas Sony shareholders see gaming as its saving grace.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#3YeomanlyPosted 8/23/2013 11:04:54 AM
They just one him removed, someone else in the board to get his job, then maybe they can get their seat in power. They have no say at the moment and don't like that.
#4Hvv0l24n9Posted 8/23/2013 11:07:15 AM
Orange_Apples posted...
Well there it is, MS shareholders see gaming as a distraction whereas Sony shareholders see gaming as its saving grace.

Apples and oranges.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#5SoulTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 11:08:25 AM
Yeomanly posted...
They just one him removed, someone else in the board to get his job, then maybe they can get their seat in power. They have no say at the moment and don't like that.

Yeah, that seems to be the case.
Would be pretty bad if they do get seat, because they're a pretty big share holder.
---
#6AzaneAzerPosted 8/23/2013 11:08:35 AM
Have they been watching the Xboxone debacle since E3? Any investors paying attention who's seen all the bad decisions and 180's would of pulled out by now
#7SoulTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 11:09:54 AM
AzaneAzer posted...
Have they been watching the Xboxone debacle since E3? Any investors paying attention who's seen all the bad decisions and 180's would of pulled out by now

You are aware Microsoft is more than just the xbox, right?
---
#8ElPolloDiablo87Posted 8/23/2013 11:14:25 AM
Let it be known that ValueAct, who are the ones that said these things, only hold 1% ownership of MS. Good luck making sweeping changes as 1% owners...
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#9IronSasquatchPosted 8/23/2013 11:15:52 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
AzaneAzer posted...

You are aware Microsoft is more than just the xbox, right?

People seem to always conveniently forget that Microsoft still has the HUGE majority of market share on PC operating systems.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#10INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 8/23/2013 11:17:03 AM
For those who know nothing of business.

Do not let this scare you, X1 will be fine and not sold.