Microsoft Investor Wants To Fire Ballmer And Sell Xbox Division

#131TheWreckonENGPosted 8/23/2013 5:21:38 PM
CelesEsperIce3 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Better let people up there know this isn't what you want to happen to the xbox brand.
This is exactly what I want to happen to the Xbox brand. The gaming industry will only thrive and benefit at its destruction. Xbox has brought very little positive to the gaming world, and quite a lot of negative. Their good IP's would transfer to Sony systems and the world would move on.

Sony has screwed over people in the past as well (Removal of Linux, 599 US DOLLARS, PSN hacking, etc). Microsoft and Sony aren't Saints or Sinners, they are both necessary in order for gaming to thrive. Both Microsoft and Sony have done a lot of good and bad, but we need both.
#132SirLemontPosted 8/23/2013 5:21:59 PM
TheWreckonENG posted...
So a guy who owns less than 1% of stake in Microsoft wants to get rid of Xbox division.

This is news how?

Because this isn't one guy, it's a group. And that 1% translates to $2B.
#133t260sagaPosted 8/23/2013 5:29:20 PM
People like Warren Buffett and Carl Icahn often made companies change direction owning a small % of a company.
#134BansheeNTDmodePosted 8/23/2013 5:33:00 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Let it be known that ValueAct, who are the ones that said these things, only hold 1% ownership of MS. Good luck making sweeping changes as 1% owners...

Ya and 99 percent are people who don't give a **** about valueact?
#135NeoAndurilPosted 8/23/2013 5:33:56 PM
SirLemont posted...
Because this isn't one guy, it's a group. And that 1% translates to $2B.

It's more than 2billion now. A lot more. so sick of these xb1 trolls who don't understand basic numbers.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6RcJTNv.png
#136Kageblade23Posted 8/23/2013 5:41:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#137Zmapper33Posted 8/23/2013 6:29:01 PM
Bad investors if they can't see the future potential of cornering the gaming market. Gaming is the fastest growing and the primary new media going forward that is going to eventually be much bigger than any other media. Instead of waiting to get a foothold it is best to take control of that market for the future no matter the costs right now.
#138DerekLoffinPosted 8/23/2013 6:56:32 PM
BoomerTheGreat posted...
Why are people taking this seriously?

You probably should take this seriously. It isn't close to 'PANIC' yet, but there is definite teeth to this situation. The Xbox division as a whole is still over all in the red. They have been making profits, but only sluggishly, and now they are hitting the next gen and looking to at least stumble out of the gates which means actually making an overall profit is probably around 10 years away. With Ballmer out, a lot of stuff could easily be put on the chopping block.

Like I said though, no need to panic, but definitely something to keep your eye on. If X1 does well, then I'd say you can comfortably ignore this little blip. If X1 struggles, or worse tanks, start worrying.
---
--
I am power made flesh, feel how weak you truly are. --Akuma
#139KamenRiderBladePosted 8/23/2013 7:03:33 PM
If the Entertainment division is for sale, then Apple would probably buy it.

Just imagine Xbox under Apple's control.

Lol
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#140Laylow12Posted 8/23/2013 7:57:08 PM
Kane90987 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...
I'll bet they didn't fire Adam Orth.

He's still the victim of the XBOX ONE whether it be career suicide or career homicide, it's still RIP, carve another mark on the wall.

Adam Orth? The only thing he got fired for was for being a complete ****ing douchebag...

As he would say, #DEALWITHIT

Really? That's fascinating.

Do you remember what he was referring to when he made that statement?

Starts with X and ends with BONE having to be online for its 24hr. check in to headquarters.

Telling the potential buyers to #DealWithIt?

Ringing any bells yet?

He makes the list because that was career suicide and the XBONES first victim.

As he would say, #DealWithIt

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin