Console BF4 may not be that great

#1bessy67Posted 8/23/2013 11:39:41 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/23/gamescom-battlefield-4s-graphics-lacking-on-ps4

Demo on PS4 was only 16 player (not the 64 like on computer), had much worse textures than the PC version, and wasn't running at 1080p. In order to hit the 64 player, 60fps target on consoles the graphics may have to take a pretty big hit.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#2YeomanlyPosted 8/23/2013 11:42:00 AM
No word on Xbox One yet, could be awesome, could be same. BF4 needs a beefy CPU, Xbox One may have what it needs, find out next week, and no they are not the same on both machines.

PS4 : Bad CPU > GPU needs to do GPGPU > less GPU resources = worse graphics, lower res.
#3bessy67(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 11:44:15 AM
Yeomanly posted...
No word on Xbox One yet, could be awesome, could be same. BF4 needs a beefy CPU, Xbox One may have what it needs, find out next week, and no they are not the same on both machines.

PS4 : Bad CPU > GPU needs to do GPGPU > less GPU resources = worse graphics, lower res.

I highly doubt there will be much of a difference in console versions. If this is how the PS4 version looks, chances are it's how the XB1 version looks as well.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#4zepfyaPosted 8/23/2013 11:45:01 AM
Hope this is just an issue with launch games.
#5SoulTrapperPosted 8/23/2013 11:48:58 AM(edited)
There's still some time for optimizations, so it might turn out a bit better still.

We can only hope this is just the launch titles that'll have these issues, even though both consoles are pretty much PCs and the devs should be able to get the games to work similarly.

I think it will mostly be an issue with games getting released on both generations of consoles
---
PSN: El_Coon
#6Exodus_PrimePosted 8/23/2013 11:50:01 AM
I have Bf4 reserved on Xbox One If I don't get 64 players a long with at least 720p I'm returning that game...no excuse for next gen gaming.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#7YeomanlyPosted 8/23/2013 11:52:02 AM
I agree they could be same on both consoles, all we know so far is PS4 version won't be 1080p and textures are a downgrade compared to PC.

Xbox One has a lot of things that could help like better CPU, SHAPE, move engines. We will find out soon how customised the XBO CPU is, and what it brings to the table.

PS4 using CPU/GPU for everything like sound will reduce what already is a poor CPU even further.
#8RyuuHou25Posted 8/23/2013 11:54:06 AM
Apparently nobody remembers when BF3 came out and much of this same crap was being said and spread around. Especially when we got our hands on the beta and there were glitches galore.

The game is still being worked on for petes sake.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#9tadmfpolePosted 8/23/2013 11:55:52 AM
I will gladly take a hit on textures for a smooth running 60 fps on either console. That goes for any game out there, I wish more developers would go for a little less detail and a lot higher frame rate. Frame rate is part of the graphical package to me.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#10DXiRoNMaNPosted 8/23/2013 11:57:30 AM
I was a huge fan of 1942, Vietnam and BF2 on the PC but all the console BFs have sucked imo
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron