Will gamestop get sued for selling incomplete games with no refund? (forza 5)

#11knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 12:31:37 PM
ITT: We are content with paying full price for 1\2 a game.
---
Next gen (Wii U, XB1, PS4) FTW!!!!
#12VoidBeyondPosted 8/23/2013 12:35:09 PM
matt-nicklin posted...
The game isn't incomplete exactly, Microsoft or turn 10 idk which said the game was playable right out the box, but due to it needing to be certified they couldn't add all the features which is why they are adding more afterwards. More tracks etc.

This is nothing different than gta 5 with gta online. It means they get extra time to work on other features and add more content without having to delay the game.

I was just about to say the same thing dealing with GTAV
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//PKMN Black2 FC: 2280 6133 3461
#13Bikes-Posted 8/23/2013 12:35:33 PM
knightimex posted...
ITT: We are content with paying full price for 1\2 a game.

I think the Forza situation is stupid and I disagree with your logic. As sun said it will probably be said on the box somewhere. There's hating stuff for logical reasons and then just throwing out insults at people because they debunked your stupid argument.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#14RyuuHou25Posted 8/23/2013 12:42:30 PM
They would have to have it on the box somewhere, or else they could very well end up being sued. Remember that not everyone that gets the console will have internet, so don't go thinking that someone, somewhere, will get this, get to the point the game cannot continue, and go WTF??
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#15RayconPosted 8/23/2013 12:44:34 PM
Decimator11 posted...
You mean that game that's playable right out of the box?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/22/forza-5-playable-without-download-but-dlc-required-for-end-game/

So... we still need to download the rest of the game if we want to finish it.

People were saying this isn't an incomplete game now?
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#16FinzFan4lifePosted 8/23/2013 2:12:25 PM
If you don't have Internet then in reality next gem systems are not for you. Both consoles are on that path it's just a matter of time required Internet may not be forced on the console but it will be on games.

Destiney
The division
Fable legends (most likely)
FF

It's only a matter of time that games require Internet to work
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#17TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 8/23/2013 2:16:29 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
matt-nicklin posted...
The game isn't incomplete exactly, Microsoft or turn 10 idk which said the game was playable right out the box, but due to it needing to be certified they couldn't add all the features which is why they are adding more afterwards. More tracks etc.

This is nothing different than gta 5 with gta online. It means they get extra time to work on other features and add more content without having to delay the game.

I was just about to say the same thing dealing with GTAV

How is it the same? There's a difference between downloading additional multiplayer mode and downloading the end of a game.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#18HouseOfBladesPosted 8/23/2013 2:19:42 PM
How is this only Gamestop's fault? You dumb minded gamers give the company more of a bad name then it desires.
#19NovaLevossidaPosted 8/23/2013 2:21:48 PM
They wouldn't have been able to finish the game before it went gold and needed to ship discs basically. This wouldn't have been a big deal as it would have been part of the online only, cloud, if you're disc compatible you're really backwards line of thinking, but now it just stands out as an incomplete game on the disc, and that's what it is.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#206speednissanPosted 8/23/2013 2:29:43 PM
I lol at people arguing about a game that they have no interest in playing because its part of the "console war".