Will gamestop get sued for selling incomplete games with no refund? (forza 5)

#21RayconPosted 8/23/2013 1:30:07 PM
FinzFan4life posted...
If you don't have Internet then in reality next gem systems are not for you.

On the contrary, they clearly are. PS4 and Wii U don't require an Internet connection, so I guess it's just the X1 that's not for me.

Locking out potential customers seems to be MS's specialty lately...
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#22thedarklordx3Posted 8/23/2013 1:34:09 PM
you mean like how they sell MMOs like guild wars 2? and online only games like diablo 3 and the new simcity? and games that are broken day 1 and need to be patched(again, diablo 3)?

GS is fine.
---
I quit LoL for now(was devilkingx)
grand list of RPG elements/what defines "RPG": http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/66933085/754045011
#23thedarklordx3Posted 8/23/2013 1:35:58 PM
FinzFan4life posted...
If you don't have Internet then in reality next gem systems are not for you. Both consoles are on that path it's just a matter of time required Internet may not be forced on the console but it will be on games.

when I say microsoft you say shill.

MICROSOFT!

knightimex posted...
ITT: We are content with paying full price for 1\2 a game.

ryze fans are content paying full price for 0/2 of a game.
---
I quit LoL for now(was devilkingx)
grand list of RPG elements/what defines "RPG": http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/66933085/754045011
#24SilentS89Posted 8/23/2013 1:56:04 PM
FinzFan4life posted...
If you don't have Internet then in reality next gem systems are not for you. Both consoles are on that path it's just a matter of time required Internet may not be forced on the console but it will be on games.

Destiney
The division
Fable legends (most likely)
FF

It's only a matter of time that games require Internet to work

Channeling Adam Orth?
#25PixelDaemonPosted 8/23/2013 2:01:23 PM
SilentS89 posted...
FinzFan4life posted...

Destiney
The division
Fable legends (most likely)
FF

It's only a matter of time that games require Internet to work

Channeling Adam Orth?

MMO gaming has been available on PC for years and years. SP is still popular.
---
"People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."
#26L4YER_CAKEPosted 8/23/2013 2:02:11 PM
Sued? No, but the poor employees will have quite the headache to deal with for a while.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#27ACx7Posted 8/23/2013 2:19:51 PM
Lol... They're getting desperate.
#28SVT52986Posted 8/23/2013 2:33:26 PM
If anybody would be liable in a legal sense it would be Microsoft or Turn 10 not Gamestop. Heck if somebody wants to sue Gamestop, they might as well add in every retailer planning to purchase the game like Best Buy,Walmart,Target,Amazon. Or MS and Turn 10 could argue that information was put out regarding Forza 5 needing to be updated early enough that if somebody knew they would not be able to update the game they should not have even purchased it. In addition, nobody has seen the finalized retail packaging at this point in time so if they put something on the packaging mentioing the required online connection to update the game then they would pretty much be covered.
#29elchris79Posted 8/23/2013 2:35:39 PM
This dude trolls wherever and whenever he thinks he might get a reply. Don't feed him, starve him.
#30bob15xPosted 8/23/2013 3:22:21 PM
knightimex posted...
Forza 5 for Xbox ONE will be incomplete right out of the box.
You are required to connect to the internet to download the rest of the game.

So lets say you don't have internet connection OR, you have very limited data.
Will gamestop refund your new game or be forced into a lawsuit?

Hopefully they will put up large disclaimers telling consumers that they will need to be online to even make the game run.

Personally IMO, I think Forza 5 will likely flop because of this.

opinions?

will you be institutionalized for a problem with lying?

You don't know what you are talking about.