Ryse the beginning

#1BloodyDove2vsPosted 8/23/2013 12:28:32 PM
Will feature Microtransactions for a already exclusive 60 dollar game. Will you still support?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/08/23/new-xbox-one-exclusive-will-feature-microtransactions/?partner=yahootix
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#2YeomanlyPosted 8/23/2013 12:30:08 PM
So will Call of Duty, so will Garden Warfare, so will 80%+ of all next gen games.
#3BigAl519Posted 8/23/2013 12:33:39 PM
Yeomanly posted...
So will Call of Duty, so will Garden Warfare, so will 80%+ of all next gen games.

Holy grasping at straws Batman! "Other games gonna do it so it be OK!" This is the guy you mother always warned you about following off a bridge.
---
90% DVR 10% Gaming all thrown into one!
#4regsantotomasPosted 8/23/2013 12:36:33 PM
Is the main game fun without DLC/microtransactions?

Yes - buy

No - Don't buy.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#5Excal1burPosted 8/23/2013 12:37:24 PM
BigAl519 posted...
Yeomanly posted...

Holy grasping at straws Batman! "Other games gonna do it so it be OK!" This is the guy you mother always warned you about following off a bridge.

Games have been doing this for years now its an issue?
#6YeomanlyPosted 8/23/2013 12:37:39 PM
Grasping at straws my a**, is that all you have, micros have proven to be massive, are nothing new, and the consumer laps them up.

Oh but hang on a Xbox One game has them, stop the press.

I bet anyone now that BF4, CoD, Watchdogs, Division, AssCreed, PvZ will all have micros, and many more games.
#7SoulTrapperPosted 8/23/2013 12:41:01 PM(edited)
EA has been doing this for quite sometime and unfortunately, some people actually make use of it as well.

I don't like it, I don't think I should have to pay extra for anything after I've already paid $60.

And yes, it's optional and doesn't include anything you can't get in the game by playing it and stuff like that.

But it's optional now and how long will it be before it becomes either pay $5 or grind for 5 hours for a 1% drop as it is in those Korean grind MMOs?
Same thing happened with expansions and DLC, which have now turned into $60 games with $50 worth of day 1 DLC.

Furthermore, it ruins immersion and makes me feel as if I'm being seen as a wallet instead of an actual customer and I don't like that feeling.
I don't want to get the feeling that the dev only made the game or added stuff to it just to make money.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#8CyhortI82Posted 8/23/2013 12:41:34 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
EA has been doing this for quite sometime and unfortunately, some people actually make use of it as well.

I don't like it, I don't think I should have to pay extra for anything after I've already paid $60.

And yes, it's optional and doesn't include anything you can't get in the game by playing it and stuff like that.

But it's optional now and how long will it be before it becomes either pay $5 or grind for 5 hours for a 1% drop as it is in those Korean grind MMOs?

Furthermore, it ruins immersion and makes me feel as if I'm being seen as a wallet instead of an actual customer and I don't like that feeling.
I don't want to get the feeling that the dev only made the game or added stuff to it just to make money.

Customers are nothing but wallets. You're just fooling yourself if you think any company actually cares about you beyond getting your money.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I love DLC :) Story>gameplay>>>graphics.
#9BloodyDove2vs(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 12:41:38 PM
I noticed there's one thing you guys are OVER looking? Ryse is a exclusive! Not multi platform like plenty of those other games being listed.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#10SoulTrapperPosted 8/24/2013 2:11:51 AM
CyhortI82 posted...

Customers are nothing but wallets. You're just fooling yourself if you think any company actually cares about you beyond getting your money.

They are now, it used to be different.

People made games because they wanted to make games, they didn't try and milk those games and their customers because they actually cared about the product they made.

It still happens, just look at CDProjektRed, even years after the release of the Witcher 2, they're still releasing free content which they work on in their spare time.

It's foolish to think every company is EA or Capcom.
---
PSN: El_Coon