Ryse the beginning

#11DarthFloatyPosted 8/24/2013 2:25:06 AM
regsantotomas posted...
Is the main game fun without DLC/microtransactions?

Yes - buy

No - Don't buy.

This. I want to see reviews of the game and some more gameplay, and figure out how long the story is. If it's fun, and it doesn't have microtransactions, boom, I'll buy an XB1 and play this.
#12richboy900Posted 8/24/2013 2:27:59 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
EA has been doing this for quite sometime and unfortunately, some people actually make use of it as well.

I don't like it, I don't think I should have to pay extra for anything after I've already paid $60.

And yes, it's optional and doesn't include anything you can't get in the game by playing it and stuff like that.

But it's optional now and how long will it be before it becomes either pay $5 or grind for 5 hours for a 1% drop as it is in those Korean grind MMOs?
Same thing happened with expansions and DLC, which have now turned into $60 games with $50 worth of day 1 DLC.

Furthermore, it ruins immersion and makes me feel as if I'm being seen as a wallet instead of an actual customer and I don't like that feeling.
I don't want to get the feeling that the dev only made the game or added stuff to it just to make money.

Agree, 6th Gen will most likely be my favorite Gen as games were made to be as best as possible on day one.

Although its inevitable that it'll happen at some point, its still sickening to know that bf4 isn't out yet and dice already have announced dlc for it. Since the xb1 and ps4 use blu ray, why not just include it anyway to make the game better from the day of launch.
#13V_BurghPosted 8/24/2013 2:51:48 AM
Can you purchase the ability to not hit any buttons and still beat the game?
---
BANDWAGON HOOOOOO!
#14capnhowdy18Posted 8/24/2013 4:00:39 AM
BloodyDove2vs posted...
I noticed there's one thing you guys are OVER looking? Ryse is a exclusive! Not multi platform like plenty of those other games being listed.

I don't think we are, and it's what's making you look like a Sony troll. Ryse is not the beginning, it's a continuation of a trend, not a trend I'm totally on board with. Tons of games are ready out offer micro transactions for full $60 games. The only difference here is that Ryse is Xbox one exclusive so you come here acting like this is going to be an Xbox trend.
#15SpaceMarineZackPosted 8/24/2013 5:45:21 AM
BloodyDove2vs posted...
I noticed there's one thing you guys are OVER looking? Ryse is a exclusive! Not multi platform like plenty of those other games being listed.

How about Uncharted 3 just look at all the DLC crap
#16Sevi_neyPosted 8/24/2013 5:50:19 AM
5$ gets you 3 new QTE's!
---
http://i.imgur.com/HjHpwRu.jpg
#17SunDevil77Posted 8/24/2013 6:09:32 AM
BigAl519 posted...
Yeomanly posted...
So will Call of Duty, so will Garden Warfare, so will 80%+ of all next gen games.

Holy grasping at straws Batman! "Other games gonna do it so it be OK!" This is the guy you mother always warned you about following off a bridge.

Mass Effect 3 and Dead Space 3 did it. Did I need them to beat the game? Absolutely not. Did I need them to enjoy the game? Absolutely not.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#18SoulTrapperPosted 8/24/2013 6:25:06 AM(edited)
SunDevil77 posted...

Mass Effect 3 and Dead Space 3 did it. Did I need them to beat the game? Absolutely not. Did I need them to enjoy the game? Absolutely not.

That's one of the issues with this: it's mostly subjective.

Some people don't mind seeing a lot of things in games monetized because they know it will help the devs in their future games, others just don't like seeing what used to be cheat codes or unlockables getting put behind a paywall and some fear this will devolve into what we're seeing in mobile games: pay to advance.

I'm part of the last two groups, as I'd rather have some less fantastic looking games at 1080p if it means they don't need to try and squeeze every penny out of every game.

There's also the fact that "it's not needed to complete the game" isn't actually a very good argument.
You don't need sound or color either to complete a game.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#19SunDevil77Posted 8/24/2013 6:48:19 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
There's also the fact that "it's not needed to complete the game" isn't actually a very good argument.
You don't need sound or color either to complete a game.

A weapon or skin isn't nearly as vital to an experience as sound and color.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#20SoulTrapperPosted 8/24/2013 7:47:00 AM
SunDevil77 posted...

A weapon or skin isn't nearly as vital to an experience as sound and color.

That's your opinion, someone who is deaf might disagree.
---
PSN: El_Coon