Gamescom: Sony vs Microsoft

#41VanderZooPosted 8/25/2013 6:33:55 AM
Sony. MS had a pretty uneventful gamescon, it was mostly Kinect and some exclusive partnership/content for some games. Sony had price cuts, new game announcements, A LOT of indie games, release date...

And they took a dig at MS for switching their policies.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#42reincarnator07Posted 8/25/2013 8:11:58 AM
Sony's was better, but they were both poor.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#43Masterchief5525Posted 8/25/2013 8:24:20 AM
Even though MS didn't have a conference Sony sucked, it was ps3 ps3 vita vita indie indie indie tv indie indie release date

So tie
#44VanderZooPosted 8/25/2013 8:42:18 AM
Pudgeisafish posted...
ninja_starX posted...
Microsoft

Lame Kinect Game
Another Fable

Sony

Shadow of the Beast
Ryme
Everyones gone to the rapture
Helldivers
+Ton of indie games
Price cut for vita/ps3
Minecraft and Twitch
Launch date

Oh boy!

So if people are voting both sucked, and Sony offered more during their confrence then what does that mean?

I have never played an indie game longer than the intial appeal wore out, which was what... A few days.

Full retail games I buy stay with me for years, so I can see why some would rather not count indies as a selling point, I know I don't.

A lot of those indie games looked great. Musazaki Baby, Everyone goes to the Rapture and Rime looked great. Maybe individually indie games don't have the worth of a AAA game, with some exceptions, but cumatively they have a lot to offer. Especially as a nice break from things like shooters or games with realistic art styles.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
#45ExempliGratiaPosted 8/25/2013 8:55:57 AM
Both conferences stunk hard. Sony conference was pretty bad though. People are looking for full retail releases. It is like they are shoving all the indie games at people as a way to say here have these while we make the titles you really want. A lot of people don't look at indies as big system sellers.

I'm waiting for Sony to announce their heavy hitters.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#4695_EclipsePosted 8/25/2013 8:55:59 AM
It was wierd seeing the Xbox one show after I had seen the PS4 show, Ps4 had a large conference room with a bunch of people, Xbox one looked like it was stuffed into a small auditorium, or a conference room at a hotel. Almost as if it was an up-and-comer instead of a mainstay console.

Sony is winning by a long shot over all, it's gotten so bad that people against it cry about indie titles as if they are canceling AAA games to make indies instead. It's really pathetic, and shows just how dominant Sony is right now.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#47VanderZooPosted 8/25/2013 9:00:02 AM
ExampliaGratia posted...
Both conferences stunk hard. Sony conference was pretty bad though. People are looking for full retail releases. It is like they are shoving all the indie games at people as a way to say here have these while we make the titles you really want. A lot of people don't look at indies as big system sellers.

Sony already has heavy hitters in the launch window (Killzone, driveclub, Knack, inFAMOUS, The Order 1886). That's enough while Naughty Dog, Guerilla Games, Sony Santa Monica and Media Molecule are all working on their next projects.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
#48ExempliGratiaPosted 8/25/2013 9:53:29 AM
VanderZoo posted...
ExampliaGratia posted...

Sony already has heavy hitters in the launch window (Killzone, driveclub, Knack, inFAMOUS, The Order 1886). That's enough while Naughty Dog, Guerilla Games, Sony Santa Monica and Media Molecule are all working on their next projects.

No offense but Knack and Killzone are not system sellers. Infamous yea of course I'm waiting for that one. The order? No gameplay yet. The companies you mentioned? They've said nothing about their games on the ps4.

I'm talking about the here and now. Sony launch lineup is lacking to me. It seems like they are throwing so many free to play games and indies to cover that up while they create their system sellers. The one game I really want isn't even a launch title.
---
#49VanderZooPosted 8/25/2013 10:14:55 AM
ExampliaGratia posted...
VanderZoo posted...
ExampliaGratia posted...

No offense but Knack and Killzone are not system sellers. Infamous yea of course I'm waiting for that one. The order? No gameplay yet. The companies you mentioned? They've said nothing about their games on the ps4.

I'm talking about the here and now. Sony launch lineup is lacking to me. It seems like they are throwing so many free to play games and indies to cover that up while they create their system sellers. The one game I really want isn't even a launch title.

Well you said heavy hitters, not system sellers. I don't know how you can say the launch line up is lacking, it's about 30 games large. I remember the days when consoles did well if they launched with 5 games. It's the best launch lineup of any Sony console thus far.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
#50ExempliGratiaPosted 8/25/2013 10:22:40 AM
VanderZoo posted...
ExampliaGratia posted...
VanderZoo posted...
ExampliaGratia posted...

Well you said heavy hitters, not system sellers. I don't know how you can say the launch line up is lacking, it's about 30 games large. I remember the days when consoles did well if they launched with 5 games. It's the best launch lineup of any Sony console thus far.

Heavy hitters would have to be a system seller one in the same. The launch lineup is full of multiplatform games, free to play games, and indies. Their exclusive lineup is what I'm looking at. Killzone knack and drive club aren't really interesting me. Their big gun infamous isn't going to be out on launch.
---