Well played MS, well played!

#1geovanicaonPosted 8/23/2013 12:49:09 PM
I use Playstation since 2000 and I was sure I'd be buying the PS4....until they announced dedicaded servers exclusively to the X1, now I am seriously reconsidering my options.

Well played MS!
---
Ad Rosae Per Crucem! Long Live DeMolay!
PSN ID: DeMolay145
#2Bikes-Posted 8/23/2013 12:55:06 PM
If dedicated servers is such a deciding factor why on earth didn't you switch to PC years ago >_>
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#3BadLuckIncPosted 8/23/2013 12:55:50 PM
Bikes- posted...
If dedicated servers is such a deciding factor why on earth didn't you switch to PC years ago >_>

Lol, right you are Ken~
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink NNID: BadLuckInk
#4geovanicaon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 12:57:04 PM
Bikes- posted...

I understand what you mean but I really prefer playing games on consoles. Its just my personal taste, nothing more. I like to use my notebook mainly for work and chatting with friends.
---
#5Blizz87Posted 8/23/2013 1:03:22 PM
I know! Online p2p on the ps4's PSN will be garbage. Host advantage and lag galore!
#6Decimator11Posted 8/23/2013 1:03:57 PM
It's not that dedicated servers will be exclusive to the One, but that offering them for free to developers will mean that more games will have them.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg
#7TheRealPhattyJPosted 8/23/2013 1:04:17 PM
geovanicaon posted...
I use Playstation since 2000 and I was sure I'd be buying the PS4....until they announced dedicaded servers exclusively to the X1, now I am seriously reconsidering my options.

Well played MS!

You do realize that the reason Sony didn't make a big deal about dedicated servers is because every Sony exclusive on PS3 already run on dedicated servers and every other developer has the option? Or do you seriously believe that dedicated servers are somehow "exlusive" to the xboxdone?
#8BloodyDove2vsPosted 8/23/2013 1:05:38 PM
ds and Microtransactions equal exactly what?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#9geovanicaon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 1:09:29 PM
TheRealPhattyJ posted...
geovanicaon posted...

Well played MS!

You do realize that the reason Sony didn't make a big deal about dedicated servers is because every Sony exclusive on PS3 already run on dedicated servers and every other developer has the option? Or do you seriously believe that dedicated servers are somehow "exlusive" to the xboxdone?

I know it isnt exclusive to the X1, but so far nothing is mentioned for the PS4 and releasing dates are right at the corner.
---
#10SoulTrapperPosted 8/23/2013 1:10:21 PM
TheRealPhattyJ posted...

That's the power of marketing: pretend the ordinary is extraordinary and people will buy into it.

Sony has a deal with Viacom, effectively making it almost just as much a cablebox as the xbone, they just don't use it in their marketing and as such people think this stuff is exclusive to the xbone as well.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/08/16/sonys-viacom-deal-is-big-news-for-ps4/
---
PSN: El_Coon