Well played MS, well played!

#41zephirrainesPosted 8/23/2013 11:20:31 PM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
zephirraines posted...
BadLuckInc posted...
Bikes- posted...
If dedicated servers is such a deciding factor why on earth didn't you switch to PC years ago >_>

Lol, right you are Ken~

Maybe because PC dedicated servers were filled with hacks and games like CoD were garbage on it.

That has more to do with the ancient engine than the dedicated servers

Then why do you see hacks on nearly every PC fpser.
#42ScRuiPosted 8/24/2013 12:02:01 AM
Halectic posted...
ScRui posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
TheRealPhattyJ posted...

You do realize that the reason Sony didn't make a big deal about dedicated servers is because every Sony exclusive on PS3 already run on dedicated servers and every other developer has the option? Or do you seriously believe that dedicated servers are somehow "exlusive" to the xboxdone?

That's the power of marketing: pretend the ordinary is extraordinary and people will buy into it.

Sony has a deal with Viacom, effectively making it almost just as much a cablebox as the xbone, they just don't use it in their marketing and as such people think this stuff is exclusive to the xbone as well.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/08/16/sonys-viacom-deal-is-big-news-for-ps4/

Sony is trying to start their own tv subscription service like time warner, cablevision etc.... That's why they are partnering with Viacom...

MS is doing nothing like that... All Xbox ONE is doing is giving you the option to connect your tv service into the Xbox ONE and using Kinect or controller or remote go through your tv guide and having it integrated in an entertainment 'hub' ....

2 different strategies for Sony and MS but Sony seems to be more interested in getting in the tv sub service market...

Gaikai will be better then the MS Azure server farm

Off topic.. LOL
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
#43SoulTrapperPosted 8/24/2013 2:16:35 AM
ScRui posted...

I get your trying to talk down the Xbox ONE, but MS isn't shoving it in your face... Its there if you want to use the hdmi input for your tv service box, its not a main feature...

You're kidding, right? Did you even watch the unveiling of the xbox one?
It was nothing but TV TV TV TV.

Sony on the other hand isn't saying anything about tv, accually mock the Xbox ONE for talking about it... Yet they are in bed with one of the biggest tv subscription services, I wonder why...

Because it's an option, just one they don't try and use as a selling point for a video game console.

If corporations smell money, they will frenzy for it... Just hope Sony doesn't force their 'PlayStation TV' down your throat for a price...

You are aware that you won't even be able to use the TV functions of the xbox without Gold, right? Which is "forcing it down your throat" for a price.

Sony has only mentioned that you'll need to PS+ for multiplayer games, nothing else so far.
But speculate as much as you want.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#44hrjPosted 8/24/2013 2:29:52 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
IvanKozlov posted...
Ah, fanboys. I'm gonna enjoy my One and Ps4 while you people bicker about which one is better.

I'm gonna enjoy life while you sit around playing video games all day.

I win!

That old argument LOL.
If you think you sit around playing games all day just because you have all consoles is laughable.
It just means you get the best of all worlds.
---
PSN/GT - Hennaboy
#45ViryuPosted 8/24/2013 2:39:08 AM
geovanicaon posted...
I use Playstation since 2000 and I was sure I'd be buying the PS4....until they announced dedicaded servers exclusively to the X1, now I am seriously reconsidering my options.

Well played MS!

Do you even know what dedicated servers are? Sony was using them since PS2 with Socom, than nearly all their games on PS3 had those, while MS had merely 3 games of theirs running on dedicated servers. For Sony, using dedicated servers is absolutely normal, so they don't boast it. Now MS acts as if they have suddenly invented and patented dedicated servers, and all MS fanboys go nuts. If you people wanted to play on dedicated servers so much, why not switch to Playstation?
#46V_BurghPosted 8/24/2013 2:48:54 AM
I am liking pie tacos as well, fecal man!
---
BANDWAGON HOOOOOO!
#47Snake_Eyes_v2Posted 8/24/2013 3:50:04 AM
Viet0ne posted...
One thing is true, the PS3 had more games than the Xbox 360 with dedicated servers.

That's not true.

With all the EA games on XBL a year before PS3 plus the handful of Xbox exclusives that have dedicated servers, the number is about the same.
---
We were, of course, all ninjas
#48_GambitPosted 8/24/2013 5:28:59 AM
Viryu posted...
geovanicaon posted...

Do you even know what dedicated servers are? Sony was using them since PS2 with Socom, than nearly all their games on PS3 had those, while MS had merely 3 games of theirs running on dedicated servers. For Sony, using dedicated servers is absolutely normal, so they don't boast it. Now MS acts as if they have suddenly invented and patented dedicated servers, and all MS fanboys go nuts. If you people wanted to play on dedicated servers so much, why not switch to Playstation?

They, Sony, haven't done it to this scale in console gaming before. We're talking little to no cost for third party titles to be hosted... It IS a big deal. Sony simply cannot offer it the same way Microsoft is.

Also, Gakai is in no way going to rival Azure. Again I ask where these guys come from.
#49steelix55Posted 8/24/2013 5:52:33 AM
TheRealPhattyJ posted...
geovanicaon posted...
I use Playstation since 2000 and I was sure I'd be buying the PS4....until they announced dedicaded servers exclusively to the X1, now I am seriously reconsidering my options.

Well played MS!

You do realize that the reason Sony didn't make a big deal about dedicated servers is because every Sony exclusive on PS3 already run on dedicated servers and every other developer has the option? Or do you seriously believe that dedicated servers are somehow "exlusive" to the xboxdone?

I am so tired of reading people post this BS! I have played 3 PS3's exclusives online and loved all three of them. Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, and The Last of Us. Guess what? NONE of them had dedicated servers. Learn your facts before you spout off crap that you don't understand.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz || 212 EVO || GTX 560 Ti || Vengeance 16GB RAM || 1TB HDD || ASRock Z68 E3G3 MB || Corsair TX750 PSU || 12X BD-ROM || Win7 x86
#50ScRuiPosted 8/24/2013 6:05:48 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
ScRui posted...

I get your trying to talk down the Xbox ONE, but MS isn't shoving it in your face... Its there if you want to use the hdmi input for your tv service box, its not a main feature...

You're kidding, right? Did you even watch the unveiling of the xbox one?
It was nothing but TV TV TV TV.

Sony on the other hand isn't saying anything about tv, accually mock the Xbox ONE for talking about it... Yet they are in bed with one of the biggest tv subscription services, I wonder why...

Because it's an option, just one they don't try and use as a selling point for a video game console.

If corporations smell money, they will frenzy for it... Just hope Sony doesn't force their 'PlayStation TV' down your throat for a price...

You are aware that you won't even be able to use the TV functions of the xbox without Gold, right? Which is "forcing it down your throat" for a price.

Sony has only mentioned that you'll need to PS+ for multiplayer games, nothing else so far.
But speculate as much as you want.

-The reveal for the Xbox ONE was not tv tv tv... Don't exaggerate... The reveal did what's its supposed to do... Show what the console does and what is new with the hardware... People keep ignoring the fact that in the first 10 min they let you know this and that games were going to be shown at e3...

-TV is an option on both, but if you research the product your going to buy, you would know Sony is going to start a tv subscription service (PlayStation TV) it will be part of the PS4. When? Don't know yet but its a guarantee its coming....

(Sony) TV sub service/(MS) hdmi passthrough for your tv box

^^who is more involved in tv?

-You don't need to be a gold member to use your tv providers box and connect it through the hdmi... That's false..

This paywall talk needs to stop, if you buy an Xbox ONE and don't game online, then blame yourself for buying a product not suited for you.

If you occasionally play online Xbox Live is the better product. That isn't even a close call (maybe if your a fanpup it is). If you rarely/never play online then you might find that PSN is better for you. Atleast for me that would be the clear cut option if that was my case...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"