Well played MS, well played!

#71BudWisenheimerPosted 8/24/2013 4:13:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#72Talk2DaHandPosted 8/24/2013 4:16:32 PM
GhostHero333 posted...
_Gambit posted...
Uncharted 2, 3, Gran Turismo 5, MLB The Show, Playstation All Stars, and the LBP games don't have dedicated servers when playing online multiplayer, they are all P2P.

Sony doesn't have the resources, and they especially won't for third party titles like CoD.

Also, lol at people deluding themselves into thinking Titanfall will come to PS4.

^^^^^^^^^^
Exactly.

---
http://www.northernsun.com/images/thumb/2214.jpg
#73SoulTrapperPosted 8/25/2013 3:26:48 AM
ScRui posted...

I have to repeat myself... I only do it once...

-Console reveal... What the console does, features, apps etc... Again first 10 min of the reveal they TELL you this is for explaining and showing what the console does.. games will be shown at e3

Again, showing that they favored TV over video games.

No one was waiting to hear about the TV functionality, everyone was waiting for the video games, since it's a video game console.

MS let their core audience down at the reveal.

-MS doesn't have a TV service... TV is a feature you can plug into the Xbox ONE... Instead of it being 2 different things (Xbox ONE and your tv providers set top box) it can be done all through the Xbox ONE. Sony is not talking about it because PlayStation TV is not up and running yet...

Netflix etc are TV services.

And again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

Playstation isn't talking about because they're not using it in their marketing for the console.

-Live vs PSN... NOT debatable ... Free games that I already played have no value for me, especially if I have to pay for a service that was free a year prior... Those free games don't become so free LOL

If you don't understand my posts after this... Enjoy your gaming... Ill pass on the rest of this discussion

Of course it's debatable, you prove it yourself by saying games you've already played aren't worth it, yet there are a ton of people who haven't played those games to whom those games will be of value.

The service was never free, PS+ always cost $50/year.
Which is less than xbox live which offers no free games.

Of course you'll "pass" on the discussion because you know you're not bringing forth anything new, you're just repeating the same crap.

I'll sum it up:

Xbox reveal was all about TV, which pissed off their core audience. Big mistake.

Xbox marketing is mostly based on pretending the ordinary is extraordinary (cloud, dedicated servers, tv functionality, etc)

PS+ versus Xbox Live is highly debatable which service provides more value.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#74YeomanlyPosted 8/25/2013 3:29:14 AM
PS4 Killzone will have P2P, that does not bode well for CoD having dedi's on PS4.

Looking like online gaming is Xbox One this gen. :D
#75CapwnDPosted 8/25/2013 3:38:03 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
ScRui posted...

I have to repeat myself... I only do it once...

-Console reveal... What the console does, features, apps etc... Again first 10 min of the reveal they TELL you this is for explaining and showing what the console does.. games will be shown at e3

Again, showing that they favored TV over video games.

No one was waiting to hear about the TV functionality, everyone was waiting for the video games, since it's a video game console.

MS let their core audience down at the reveal.

waaahhh Fires of Dismay burning because they didn't show a game first waaahhh they only show TV waaaahh.

With that logic, why aren't you riding all up on Sony for not showing games? Sony is showing a console, and some indie games for the first few years of it's life. I don't see you on the Sony boards daily fanning your Fires of Dismay about that.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#76SoulTrapperPosted 8/25/2013 3:45:30 AM(edited)
CapwnD posted...

waaahhh Fires of Dismay burning because they didn't show a game first waaahhh they only show TV waaaahh.

With that logic, why aren't you riding all up on Sony for not showing games? Sony is showing a console, and some indie games for the first few years of it's life. I don't see you on the Sony boards daily fanning your Fires of Dismay about that.

That's what happened and you know it just as well.

No one liked the xbox reveal because it wasn't about video games.

Sonys reveal wasn't about TV and they've shown plenty of video games. They've even got more exclusives coming than Xbox does.

Gamescom (where the indies were shown) was terrible for both companies.

But Gamescom always under delivers, as I said here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67059503

You can keep trying, but you'll keep failing by making stuff up, Mr. I-own-my-own-xbox-fansite.

Also, how do you feel about the fact that everything you accused me of as "trolling" has been acknowledged by MS?

Guess you were wrong to accuse people of trolling when they were complaining, an apology would seem appropriate.
---
#77CapwnDPosted 8/25/2013 3:50:08 AM(edited)
SoulTrapper posted...
CapwnD posted...

That's what happened and you know it just as well.

No one liked the xbox reveal because it wasn't about video games.

Sonys reveal wasn't about TV and they've shown plenty of video games. They've even got more exclusives coming than Xbox does.

Gamescom (where the indies were shown) was terrible for both companies.

But Gamescom always under delivers, as I said here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67059503

You can keep trying, but you'll keep failing by making stuff up, Mr. I-own-my-own-xbox-fansite.

Also, how do you feel about the fact that everything you accused me of as "trolling" has been acknowledged by MS?

Guess you were wrong to accuse people of trolling when they were complaining, an apology would seem appropriate.

lol. People like you are what's wrong with gaming. People like you are why people laugh at fanboys.

You're so pissy about what you don't like, you spend all your time at gamefaqs crying about how bad the xbox is.

As for the "fansite"... You wouldn't know what a fansite was if one opened up around you and swallowed you. You know about as much about what it is to be a gamer as you do about what you are babbling about in this topic.

All you know how to do is be pissy about MS, coming to this board daily trying to fan those "fires of dismay" as you put it.
---
#78SoulTrapperPosted 8/25/2013 3:54:47 AM
CapwnD posted...

lol. People like you are what's wrong with gaming. People like you are why people laugh at gamers.

You're so pissy about what you don't like, you spend all your time at gamefaqs crying about how bad the xbox is.

"Wheeiii, MS should have never improved their console because I can't take being wrong! Wheeeii"

Seriously, this is just sad.

As for the "fansite"... You wouldn't know what a fansite was if one opened up around you and swallowed you. You know about as much about what it is to be a gamer as you do about what you are babbling about in this topic.

All you know how to do is be pissy about MS, coming to this board daily trying to fan those "fires of dismay" as you put it.

And MS actually changed what I was complaining about.

Know what that means? I was right about my complaints and MS acknowledged them.

Know what else that means? You and you're buddies were wrong.

"Yeah, we real gamers know what's up, bro!"

That's just sad.
---
#79CapwnDPosted 8/25/2013 4:04:07 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
CapwnD posted...

lol. People like you are what's wrong with gaming. People like you are why people laugh at gamers.

"Wheeiii, MS should have never improved their console because I can't take being wrong! Wheeeii"

Seriously, this is just sad.

And MS actually changed what I was complaining about.

Know what that means? I was right about my complaints and MS acknowledged them.

Know what else that means? You and you're buddies were wrong.

"Yeah, we real gamers know what's up, bro!"

That's just sad.

Changed what you complained about? That you can unplug Kinect?

But yet you still come daily pissing and moaning about anything you can, regurgitating any fake news you can. Re-posting utter nonsense just to "fan those fires of dismay" like you said you love to do. Defending Sony's complete lack of a launch lineup and first few years of games, and instead stomping your feet crying about what MS showed first at their reveal in May!

Yes, sad. Very, very sad your life must be.
---
#80SoulTrapperPosted 8/25/2013 4:52:55 AM(edited)
CapwnD posted...

Changed what you complained about? That you can unplug Kinect?

Among others.
They changed DRM, 24hr log-in and other things as well.

But yet you still come daily pissing and moaning about anything you can, regurgitating any fake news you can. Re-posting utter nonsense just to "fan those fires of dismay" like you said you love to do. Defending Sony's complete lack of a launch lineup and first few years of games, and instead stomping your feet crying about what MS showed first at their reveal in May!

Yes, sad. Very, very sad your life must be.

How am I "pissing and moaning"?
Is it because my opinion is different than yours? Is it because I don't like MS locking stuff behind a paywall?
Is it because I can see that their marketing is simply exaggerating ordinary stuff?

How am I defending Sony? I'm pointing out that the "lack of launch line-up" thing is complete BS due to fact that they actually have more games planned in the first year than MS right now and that there is still their home show left: TGS.

http://i.imgur.com/VeqX7nv.png

arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/08/by-the-numbers-next-generation-console-software-showdown/

I'm not "crying" about anything, it's a simple fact that MS messed up the launch by focusing on TV instead of video games.
This isn't just my opinion, it's what the majority of the internet thinks.
Just because it doesn't fit in your fanboy view of a perfect console, doesn't mean it actually wasn't an issue.

I lead quite a happy life, capable of expressing my opinion and actually being proven right for doing so.

I think it says a lot that the actual trolls (the people claiming kinect was absolutely needed and a crucial part of the system) have been relatively quiet in recent weeks.
---