Would you change your mind if Digital Copies got all DLC for free?

#1DetectiveDoomPosted 8/23/2013 1:51:45 PM
The entire used game policy pretty much comes down to money. People feel like if they buy something they should be able to resell it as it is their own and companies feel like they should make money on everyone who gets to experience their product not just the first kid to buy it and then trade it back to gamestop.

So how about this, all digital copies get all DLC for said game for free.This encourages people to buy digital and not used games because in the long run they would save money. At the same time those who want the option to resell their game can still keep that if they choose.

It's pretty much whether you would rather 20$ worth of future DLC or the ability to resell your game for 20$ at a later date. Im just curious about what other would think of this idea since its hard to really judge something you came up with.

TLDR:

Game makers sell way more digital copies thus making money off everyone enjoying the experience instead of only the first person who buys it then returns it and then everyone else just buys it used. As a trade off they offer DLC for free.

You as a consumer choose from buying it for 60$ with free DLC and unable to resell or 60$ hardcopy you can resell but you pay for DLC.
#2TBONE_OGPosted 8/23/2013 1:54:13 PM(edited)
What about games with no DLC?

They need to make DD cheaper with more perks. Family share plan was a good start.
---
Always O.G.
#3CyhortI82Posted 8/23/2013 2:17:37 PM
Yeah, first thing that needs to happen is digital games need to be at least ten dollars less than physical games. Since that hasn't even happened with PC games though, I doubt it ever will.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I love DLC :) Story>gameplay>>>graphics.
#4NewMoonShadowPosted 8/23/2013 2:22:13 PM(edited)
CyhortI82 posted...
Yeah, first thing that needs to happen is digital games need to be at least ten dollars less than physical games. Since that hasn't even happened with PC games though, I doubt it ever will.

... What? Steam games are already 10 dollars less than disc-based console games, if not 20+ less.

Also "LOL" at Microsoft handing out DLC for free. They don't even let companies choose to give out free DLC if they can possibly help it, they're not going to make it official policy.
#5bias2000Posted 8/23/2013 2:22:44 PM
It would never happen but they should sell digital games at a cheaper price.
---
Gamertag:OptimushedPrune
People say I'm indecisive........but me I'm not so sure
#6rincewind1990Posted 8/23/2013 2:22:57 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
CyhortI82 posted...

... What? Steam games are already 10 dollars less than disc-based console games, if not 20+ less.

He's not comparing PC games to console games he's comparing the price of downloading a PC game through steam as opposed to buying a physical copy of the PC game.
#7vmufanPosted 8/27/2013 8:19:18 PM
bias2000 posted...
It would never happen but they should sell digital games at a cheaper price.

Specially when they are not sharing the earning with retailers.
---
NOW LOADING SIGNATURE...
#8IAMTH3GUYVERPosted 8/28/2013 1:32:39 AM
I hate digital games. I would rather have the disc. If its 500GB hard drive and games will be 40 to 50 GB's, what then? So now I have to go out and buy an external hard drive or something? No way man. I'll keep getting the games on disc. Plus, I like having the case and box art for collection :)
---
"Boys screamed and girls screamed. So I made him scream, and scream, and scream..." ~ SPAWN
#9Millertime660Posted 8/28/2013 1:38:18 AM
IAMTH3GUYVER posted...
I hate digital games. I would rather have the disc. If its 500GB hard drive and games will be 40 to 50 GB's, what then? So now I have to go out and buy an external hard drive or something? No way man. I'll keep getting the games on disc. Plus, I like having the case and box art for collection :)

you can just play your games off the cloud though. so the HD space really wont affect me. I will miss the case and box art though..... but after getting rid of instruction manuals they are basically useless too me now lol
#10uubershikamaruxPosted 8/28/2013 1:45:42 AM
Millertime660 posted...
IAMTH3GUYVER posted...

you can just play your games off the cloud though. so the HD space really wont affect me. I will miss the case and box art though..... but after getting rid of instruction manuals they are basically useless too me now lol

How much space are they giving us on the cloud? it would have to be atleast another 500gb for me to bother with Digital only games.

My 120GB 360 is nearly full with just my arcade games.
---
GT: FullM3tal UK
MH TRI: C82UFA