So, the Xbox is just going to dissapear all together?

#1spemshaPosted 8/23/2013 6:36:51 PM
I keep reading all of this crap on the internet about big game companies losing money. About how there is going to be another crash like in 1983. How Microsoft may get rid of the Xbox division. What the hell? How legit is this? Kinda has me concerned that this next gen may be the end of consoles.
---
3DS FC: 4355 - 9476 - 6998
#2NeoAndurilPosted 8/23/2013 6:39:23 PM
I would say it's not very likely.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6RcJTNv.png
#3ImThe8thWonderPosted 8/23/2013 6:43:12 PM
Why would it be the end of consoles? Sony and Nintendo have nothing to do with Microsoft's gaming division. But to answer your question, no, it's not likely. For MS to drop out of the gaming industry all together, the XB1 would have to do very poorly. Then that would be the final nail in the coffin. They already make too much money with non-gaming related things, so it wouldn't make sense to keep things going if the XB1 flops.

Whereas for Sony or Nintendo, gaming is basically the majority of what they do.
#4spemsha(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 6:51:50 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Why would it be the end of consoles? Sony and Nintendo have nothing to do with Microsoft's gaming division. But to answer your question, no, it's not likely. For MS to drop out of the gaming industry all together, the XB1 would have to do very poorly. Then that would be the final nail in the coffin. They already make too much money with non-gaming related things, so it wouldn't make sense to keep things going if the XB1 flops.

Last time I checked Sony had their hands in a lot more consumer electronics than just game systems.
---
3DS FC: 4355 - 9476 - 6998
#5SomboSteelPosted 8/23/2013 6:59:19 PM
spemsha posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...

Last time I checked Sony had their hands in a lot more consumer electronics than just game systems.

Im pretty sure that a lot of Sony's hardware divisions outside of the PlayStation are hemorrhaging money really badly
#6AtomicMenacePosted 8/23/2013 8:01:37 PM
As is every other Japanese company in consumer electronics in today's economy...
#7pigman2003Posted 8/23/2013 8:42:01 PM
Microsoft isn't going to get rid of the Xbox Division, the 360 made them A LOT of money and they've already invested a lot into it.