Is this still going to require an initial internet connection?

#1GeneralCortezPosted 8/23/2013 6:47:17 PM
Just curious since im not following it anymore, see if they changed it

They remove the "needed" initial internet connection to set up the Xbox One?
---
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]
#2gobuffalo30Posted 8/23/2013 6:48:43 PM
They removed the always online but you still have to be online once to download a patch for the DRM removal.
#3RayconPosted 8/23/2013 6:49:27 PM
Nope, still have to connect at least once. At least so far.

Some games (Forza) will similarly need to connect to download the full game, as it cannot be completed in its current state.
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#4GeneralCortez(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 6:55:16 PM
Daaaamn o_O You mean they are releasing an uncompleted game, and expect you to download the rest? Or is it like, its too big for disc?

Glad im going PS4
---
[Papal Crusaders]
#5RayconPosted 8/23/2013 6:59:28 PM
GeneralCortez posted...
Daaaamn o_O You mean they are releasing an uncompleted game, and expect you to download the rest? Or is it like, its too big for disc?

Glad im going PS4

They want it finished by launch. The only way this seems possible (apparently) is to release most on disc and provide a download for the rest. The download will be available by the time the game is out, but an Internet connection is required either way if you want to play the game fully.
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#6VoidBeyondPosted 8/23/2013 7:00:09 PM
GeneralCortez posted...

Glad im going PS4

No, you can play it you just need to download the end of the game as it was made during a time when MS had it's DRM, changed many things and messed up some games that would've relied on it, like Forza.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//PKMN Black2 FC: 2280 6133 3461
#7GeneralCortez(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 7:01:28 PM
Thats still mighty messed up

Wouldnt have mattered to me anyway, since I dont care about racing games XD Still....thats just...what?
---
[Papal Crusaders]