Is Amazon Prime worth it? Will it be an app on the XBO?

#1Dev445Posted 8/23/2013 7:20:28 PM
I'm bout to start using strictly amazon for all the gaming related stuff. $79 a year don't seem like a bad deal. I mostly want it for free 2 day shipping. Since it has streaming services too; I'm wondering if it will be an app on the XBO, or is it already an app for 360?

For those who have Prime is it worth it?
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#2Special-EddPosted 8/23/2013 7:22:21 PM
There is a amazon video streaming app on the 360 so I imagine XB1 will get one as well. The 2 day shipping is nice and if you have a kindle the book lending program is kind of cool too. I buy tons of crap off amazon so it is a good deal to me.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#3bessy67Posted 8/23/2013 7:24:02 PM
It's an app on 360 already, and I love Prime. 2 day shipping on all orders from Amazon and access to a pretty big video library. I'm currently watching Grimm on it.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#42ndAtomiskPosted 8/23/2013 7:24:04 PM
Yeah, if you use Amazon a lot then it's pretty nice.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#5drfirepantsPosted 8/23/2013 7:41:07 PM
Yea if you use amazon quite a bit it is worth it and the streaming options are basically the same as netflix, but there is also stuff you can't find on netflix as well. The interface is a little cumbersome though, but not really a big deal.
#66speednissanPosted 8/23/2013 7:42:18 PM
I get offers to get it for half price all the time. I just don't use it enough. It was great when I did though. I could get warehouse games for super cheap with free 2 day shipping.
#7segamaster316Posted 8/23/2013 7:59:10 PM
Prime is definitely worth it for me. I order an average of a couple items a week. I have very little patience so I pay for the $3.99 extra for overnight shipping a lot. I really learned to appreciate live when I order a couple large pieces of home theater equipment and found out that shipping without Prime would have been $30 a piece and with it...nothing.
---
Who do you think you are, I am!
#8CapwnDPosted 8/23/2013 8:02:15 PM
I feel like if too many people start using Amazon Prime that it's going to ruin it for the rest of us! Like they'll raise the price and stuff.

The streaming is ok. Occasionally there's something on Amazon Prime streaming that isn't on netflix, or maybe it will be in 5.1 or HD on Prime but not netflix. But the library itself compared to netflix... meh.

I like using Amazon to rent or purchase HD videos, so there is also that.

Overall it's absolutely worth it if you buy stuff online.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#9EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 8/23/2013 8:17:34 PM
If you're a student and you have an edu. email, you can sign up for Amazon student free for six months. That grants you the 2 day shipping. You can choose to upgrade to Prime for only $39 dollars after that.

Don't know if you're a student, but that's what I just did.
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223
NP: SMT IV, Pikmin 3, Injustice: GAU, BF3 (Awaiting): PS4, KZ: Shadowfall, Knack, BF4, Xbox One, DR3, Ryse
#10Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 8:59:11 PM
Just went ahead and bought it. They got a 30 day free trial, so I won't even get charged yet which is nice. In the coming months I'm bout to buy a crap ton of games and electronic's. I just bought the play & Charge kit with Staints Row IV.

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist