I've gotta admit, rumble triggers sound pretty cool.

#1GiannyBoy0924Posted 8/23/2013 9:08:15 PM
I know MS put a lot of money into their controller, and the rumble triggers will probably be awesome. I am going with PS4, but I did want to say that I admire that really awesome feature.

See? We can all be friends :P
---
"People are making apocalypse jokes like there's no tomorrow... Too soon?"
-Ellie
#2AwayFromHerePosted 8/23/2013 9:10:43 PM
Not really.

Now, if they were resistive, that would be cool.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#3Fray_MakenPosted 8/23/2013 9:13:55 PM
GiannyBoy0924 posted...
I know MS put a lot of money into their controller, and the rumble triggers will probably be awesome.

Yeah I would hope so with the 100 Million they spent on R&D.
#4RayconPosted 8/23/2013 9:15:17 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
Not really.

Resistive would be pretty awesome. But rumble... not seeing much practicality there.
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#5GiannyBoy0924(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 9:16:54 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
Not really.

Resistive would be genius. That would be amazing, to feel as if you are actually pulling the trigger of a gun. Maybe next gen ;)
---
"People are making apocalypse jokes like there's no tomorrow... Too soon?"
-Ellie
#6AlexPumaPosted 8/23/2013 9:56:25 PM
GiannyBoy0924 posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Not really.

Resistive would be genius. That would be amazing, to feel as if you are actually pulling the trigger of a gun. Maybe next gen ;)

Or the gas/brake pedal in a car pushing up like it does in real life. That might be the only thing that may make me get Forza over Gran Turismo.
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott
#7SolisPosted 8/24/2013 5:19:36 AM
Resistive would be amazing, but localized rumble feedback is pretty cool. For example in a racing game, the rumble could allow you to feel the wheels slipping as you hold down the brake, which gives you an idea of how much traction and control you have on the terrain. There are literally hundreds of other features like that which it could be used for, such as the lockpicking in Thief letting you "feel" for the right place or even telling when you bump against objects or take damage by direction. In fact, if implemented really well, this could open up the possibility for an entirely new form of awareness of the game world. Suddenly an idea like Blindside might actually work.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#8yanksfan4247Posted 8/24/2013 5:22:56 AM
None of these gimmicks plz
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer
#9DarkJaydragonPosted 8/24/2013 5:23:45 AM
Meh I don't like it because Sony don't have it in their controllers but if they did then I would like it.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#10richboy900Posted 8/24/2013 5:37:50 AM
AlexPuma posted...
GiannyBoy0924 posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Not really.

Or the gas/brake pedal in a car pushing up like it does in real life. That might be the only thing that may make me get Forza over Gran Turismo.

why on earth would you get forza over gran Turismo anyway. Not saying its a bad game, but forza is a far better game.