I've gotta admit, rumble triggers sound pretty cool.

#11ScRuiPosted 8/24/2013 6:39:24 AM
Positive TC post.... 10X the negative posts follow ...

Love this board... Anyway before posting something idiotic because of fanpupism or jealousy, educate yourselves...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG0L_xJfFro&feature=youtube_gdata_player
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
#12RollnThunder213Posted 8/24/2013 7:30:01 AM
I think people will fall in love with them after actually using them. It'll be less about how they feel straight up in normal uses but how developers uniquely use them to simulate certain sensations.

TC, on a positive note, even though I'm getting an Xbox One, I like the DS4's touch pad. I know many people would call it a gimmick, but I think at its most basic use it creates 5 more buttons (swipes in 4 directions or presses and then pressing the whole pad down). I think that could be useful in the way the Dpad can be used to hot key things in games, but more than doubling that ability.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#13Bigdaddy422Posted 8/24/2013 7:46:25 AM
Microsoft is the only gaming company thats trying to innovate. Really innovate.

Unlike Wii-u tacked on gamepad or ps4 tacked on touch screen.

Being the center of the entertainment center. Really good since i have built mine over time and its convenent.

Kinect is a powerful piece of equipment and since it is madatory, great things will come. Like zombies hearing you, or troops following your order.

Rumble triggers that can make you feel the engine roar, bazookas being shot, or your heartbeat in game when low on stamina. That adds to the immersion.

Allowing me to receive calls from in game survivors due to SmartGlass. Thats pretty awesome.

Stop denying these things. Enjoy your PS4 and ill enjoy xbox. Ill be buying a ps4 in a year or two.
#146speednissanPosted 8/24/2013 9:56:43 AM
I think it's pretty neat that different guns will have different amounts of rumble and car brakes will feel different depending on how hard you hit the trigger.
#15babamigPosted 8/24/2013 9:59:43 AM
Bigdaddy422 posted...
Microsoft is the only gaming company thats trying to innovate. Really innovate.

Unlike Wii-u tacked on gamepad or ps4 tacked on touch screen.

Being the center of the entertainment center. Really good since i have built mine over time and its convenent.

Kinect is a powerful piece of equipment and since it is madatory, great things will come. Like zombies hearing you, or troops following your order.

Rumble triggers that can make you feel the engine roar, bazookas being shot, or your heartbeat in game when low on stamina. That adds to the immersion.

Allowing me to receive calls from in game survivors due to SmartGlass. Thats pretty awesome.

Stop denying these things. Enjoy your PS4 and ill enjoy xbox. Ill be buying a ps4 in a year or two.

Lol ok bro.
#16RayconPosted 8/24/2013 10:04:47 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
Meh I don't like it because Sony don't have it in their controllers but if they did then I would like it.

Haha.
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#17PsychoGatesPosted 8/24/2013 10:05:55 AM
lol at people calling it a gimmick

controller rumble has become a standard, and I can see rumble triggers go that way as well.

Regardless of all the people who claim "I always turn rumble off", i can guarantee you that an overwhelming majority prefer to have rumble in their controller.

Anyone else remember what happened to Sony with their trash sixaxis controller? Yeah...
#18babamigPosted 8/24/2013 10:08:17 AM
PsychoGates posted...
lol at people calling it a gimmick

controller rumble has become a standard, and I can see rumble triggers go that way as well.

Regardless of all the people who claim "I always turn rumble off", i can guarantee you that an overwhelming majority prefer to have rumble in their controller.

Anyone else remember what happened to Sony with their trash sixaxis controller? Yeah...

I don't know about you, but hell, it's only the controller rumbling a bit on your hand, it's such a little thing, I can't believe people actually get excited for things like this.
#196speednissanPosted 8/24/2013 10:11:20 AM
Anyone else remember when the PS3 launched with controllers that didn't rumble? Obviously everyone demands rumble, and the new controller is an innovation. I wouldn't be surprised to see a PS4 slim model with rumble triggers.
#20Mistere ManPosted 8/24/2013 11:41:05 AM
I usually turn rumble off so I am not very hyped.
---
Water+Fall=Radiation.