The idea of getting an Xbox One is officially dead to me.

#1pedrovay2004Posted 8/24/2013 2:09:30 AM
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a509253/xbox-one-profile-game-save-data-transfer-only-possible-online.html

You can't move your profiles or save data to other consoles unless you're online; No more being able to put everything on a USB device and have it with you at all times.

The reason I still have a 360 is because I LOVE the fact that I can take what amounts to my entire identity with me wherever I go, WITHOUT having to rely on an active Internet connection. (You'd be surprised how often I haven't been able to load PS3 data because I've been at friends' houses after they had just moved, meaning no profile redownloading since the Internet wasn't set up.) Data management is one of the most important things to me when deciding which console to go with, and this just killed it for the One.

Honestly, as much in the minority as I probably am, I really wish we'd just go back to memory cards.
#2SoulTrapperPosted 8/24/2013 2:38:22 AM
That doesn't really make much sense to limit stuff like this.

I do like how they try to spin it as a positive, though:

"If you think about Xbox 360, if you want to go to a friend's house with a profile, you need a memory stick with all your save games on it. All that goes away on Xbox One.

I understand this would be great if you could do that AND use a memory stick, but why remove the option of the memory stick?

It also seems to indicate that all your game saves will be stored on the cloud, which makes me wonder if it will even be possible to save a game while offline.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#3xxnogamerxxPosted 8/24/2013 2:46:31 AM
Understandable

as for me

I haven't been anywhere in the last 2 years where I couldn't catch a wifi signal, or had my phone for internet tethering.

and I live in PSL florida, we barely have streetlights and sidewalks here.
#4Alienware4LifePosted 8/24/2013 3:46:32 AM
Its 2013, you wont have an issue finding a internet connection to download your saves....
---
Check out my PC,360,ps3, Movie, Old School game vidoes http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicConspiracy?feature=mhee
#5SoulTrapperPosted 8/24/2013 3:55:22 AM
Alienware4Life posted...
Its 2013, you wont have an issue finding a internet connection to download your saves....

I don't think it's about finding an internet connection, it's just strange that they removed the option of doing it with a memory stick.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#6BrownGottiPosted 8/24/2013 4:00:29 AM
I can see not having the option to move data with a USB drive as annoying, but as a deal breaker to not purchase the console is a bit much. So you will restrict yourself from playing great upcoming Xbox One titles because of this? I also feel the same way about people who shun the PS4 for other ridiculous reasons.
#7xboxxx1Posted 8/24/2013 4:08:12 AM
Your post iz dead...lol
#8OmegaTavoPosted 8/24/2013 4:59:59 AM
xboxxx1 posted...
Your post iz dead...lol

User Name xboxxx1
User ID 6807984
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.
Account Created Sunday, August 11, 2013 7:33 PM
Last Visit Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:10 AM

Same with your credibility.
---
A proud contributor of the videogame industry since 1987
#9FustmonkeyPosted 8/24/2013 5:10:27 AM
pedrovay2004 posted...
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a509253/xbox-one-profile-game-save-data-transfer-only-possible-online.html

You can't move your profiles or save data to other consoles unless you're online; No more being able to put everything on a USB device and have it with you at all times.

The reason I still have a 360 is because I LOVE the fact that I can take what amounts to my entire identity with me wherever I go, WITHOUT having to rely on an active Internet connection. (You'd be surprised how often I haven't been able to load PS3 data because I've been at friends' houses after they had just moved, meaning no profile redownloading since the Internet wasn't set up.) Data management is one of the most important things to me when deciding which console to go with, and this just killed it for the One.

Honestly, as much in the minority as I probably am, I really wish we'd just go back to memory cards.

It's funny that you mention PS3 and memory cards since the PS3 system doesn't work anything like Memory cards. The Xbox 360 did, and actually used cards, then allowed for flash support.

So explain how you would do it... you would move your files onto a USB flash drive, then move them onto your friend's PS3... then load them back to your USB flash drive, then back them up to your own PS3?

Sounds like learning how to teather your phone would be much easier.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"
#10RyuuHou25Posted 8/24/2013 5:18:27 AM
That's similar to what the PS3 has right now, and sounds like it will screw people over just as the PS3 does if your system dies. Just, more so because you apparently can't make a back up of everything?

That or they'll allow it being done online and what not.

Knowing Sony, they'll probably make this even more of a PITA than it is already for PS4.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A