When will Killer Instinct have all the characters available?

#1lilj812Posted 8/24/2013 6:36:37 AM
If they are not all available at launch, wouldn't that mean this game is getting an unfinished launch, otherwise making it a buy-able beta?

When can we expect them to complete the game? Thanks for the info, I work so much I don't have time to read articles and search around.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#2lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 6:43:47 AM
Bump for answer
---
#3vmufanPosted 8/24/2013 6:44:10 AM
It's a problem with PR again.

A lot of games get released "unfinished" and then get DLC.

Same will happen with KI, they need to include enough characters to make it a full game.

This is not the exception, as more developers have figure out they can do this, and it's up to MS to monitor that games are reaching players in a complete format.
---
NOW LOADING SIGNATURE...
#4ItIsOkBroPosted 8/24/2013 6:46:39 AM
I'm guessing it will be comparable to the content of other fighters in 2 years (season 3).
---
I'm wrong for the right.
#5Xbox4everPosted 8/24/2013 6:48:15 AM
If they were charging a full amount for the game, then I would see this as a problem. However, IMO, $20 isn't a big deal for the characters that will come with the game.
---
Phenom II X6 1055T@ 2.8 GHz | CM Storm Enforcer | 8 GB DDR3 RAM | HT Omega Claro Plus | MSI GTX 560 Ti TFII | 1.0 TB HDD | XL2370-1 23" |
#6lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 6:49:13 AM
vmufan posted...
It's a problem with PR again.

A lot of games get released "unfinished" and then get DLC.

Same will happen with KI, they need to include enough characters to make it a full game.

This is not the exception, as more developers have figure out they can do this, and it's up to MS to monitor that games are reaching players in a complete format.

But how can the game be finished if characters are not in the game at all and not even made or being made?

And I don't want other developers doing this. I want games to be finished when they are released or acknowledged as a beta.
---
#7lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 6:51:16 AM
Xbox4ever posted...
If they were charging a full amount for the game, then I would see this as a problem. However, IMO, $20 isn't a big deal for the characters that will come with the game.

That's fine, different strokes for different folks. Any idea on when the game will actually be complete? Will it really take years? It shouldn't take more than 3 months.
---
#8ItIsOkBroPosted 8/24/2013 6:52:59 AM
lilj812 posted...
Xbox4ever posted...

That's fine, different strokes for different folks. Any idea on when the game will actually be complete? Will it really take years? It shouldn't take more than 3 months.

It takes them 3/4 months just to make 2 characters since the 2 free DLC characters come in February/March
---
I'm wrong for the right.
#9Xbox4everPosted 8/24/2013 6:55:25 AM
lilj812 posted...
Xbox4ever posted...

Yeah I understand. I'm not hating on anyone who doesn't want it that way either :)

Not sure when you could call a game complete. For all you know, they could continue releasing characters and make up their own characters to add to the KI line up for many years to come, similar to Forza car DLC, Rock Band DLC, etc.
---
Phenom II X6 1055T@ 2.8 GHz | CM Storm Enforcer | 8 GB DDR3 RAM | HT Omega Claro Plus | MSI GTX 560 Ti TFII | 1.0 TB HDD | XL2370-1 23" |
#10lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 7:04:09 AM
Xbox4ever posted...
lilj812 posted...
Xbox4ever posted...

Yeah I understand. I'm not hating on anyone who doesn't want it that way either :)

Not sure when you could call a game complete. For all you know, they could continue releasing characters and make up their own characters to add to the KI line up for many years to come, similar to Forza car DLC, Rock Band DLC, etc.

I don't know, I'm a big fan of trying something new...

But isn't the game "releasing" with half of the roster unlocked? I'm a big Tekken player, and Tekken had 4 dlc characters and about... 50 characters in the beginning (maybe a lil less but you get the idea) Starting out a fighting game with only 6-8 characters... and this is supposed to be "NEXT GEN?!"
---