Will XO (or PS4) be able to play MKV video files?

#21SaintFC_Posted 8/26/2013 12:37:03 AM
Just use a file converter, you can change them from .MKV to almost whatever you want.
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
I'm the ghost in the machine, I'm the genius in the gene, I'm the beauty in the beast, I'm the sunset in the east .
#22scoobydoobydontPosted 8/26/2013 3:13:44 AM
Pirates are hipsters, don't support that mkv crap. MP4 does it all, better.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#23SolisPosted 8/26/2013 4:10:00 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Pirates are hipsters, don't support that mkv crap. MP4 does it all, better.

Actually you have that backwards: MKV does everything MP4 does, but better, since it support all of the features of MP4 but with additional options which MP4 does not have.

You might as well say AVI does it all better, too.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#24Kromlech06Posted 8/26/2013 6:16:00 AM
Foppe posted...
mkv is just a container that can hold millions of different combinations of codecs.
Just Saiyan.

This, dammit. It's kinda hard to support MKV when MKV is EVERYTHING IMAGINABLE.

MP4, officially, is only 1 type of audio and 1 type of video (though it can contain others), so it's much easier to support.

That said, MKV is a completely superior container.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#25slowdog76Posted 8/29/2013 1:13:04 AM
krazykiwikid posted...
slowdog76 posted...
or just watch them on 360 with pretty much zero problems

Umm..... no.

Umm.....yes actually. watched prometheus in 3d, mkv format just 2 nights ago, through my xbox. WMC is awesome
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#26FoppePosted 8/29/2013 1:17:37 AM
While talking about streaming, I prefer using PS3 Media Server over WMC.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#27Spetsnaz420Posted 8/29/2013 1:21:25 AM
Just use a media server to stream from your PC

I'm not sure what xb uses but for PS3 you can use Playstation Media Server which supports almost as many formats as VLC player
---
Prepare for involuntary rectal focused coitus
#28PraetorXynPosted 8/29/2013 5:53:28 AM
DarkHiei posted...
BansheeNTDmode posted...
sworder posted...
No. 99% of the files in mkv format are pirated stuff

How so? I watch anime in avi, xvid, mkv, ogg, flac and h264 are they all pirated formats as well?

He's talking about strictly .mkv file formats, not the other ones. His statement is conditional to .mkv only. I hope you could recognize that...

Foppe posted...
mkv is just a container that can hold millions of different combinations of codecs.
Just Saiyan.

---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9