Poll: Should Microsoft have reversed their early policies with the Xbox One?

#1LightningalePosted 8/24/2013 7:03:25 PM
Do you think it was wise? - Results (144 votes)
Yes
61.81% (89 votes)
No
38.19% (55 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I know I'm going to get flamed by the trolls, but I think it never should have happened. We could have had so many benefits with the family share plan and being able to access your library from someone else's Xbox. But the trolls and crybabies had to b**** about nothing and now we have a system that has no distinguishing features outside of Kinect.

I'm still getting the Xbox One, but it's a real shame we're missing out on more stuff just because people who didn't understand the ideas behind Microsoft's policies had to devolve into histrionics.
#2ImThe8thWonderPosted 8/24/2013 7:04:45 PM
Of course the should have! Who the hell would seriously enjoy superfluous DRM policies?
#3The_NightwingPosted 8/24/2013 7:06:08 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Of course the should have! Who the hell would seriously enjoy superfluous DRM policies?

Me.
#4Donuts_R_GoodPosted 8/24/2013 7:08:23 PM
Having no distinguishing features is better than having awful distinguishing features.
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#5Lightningale(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 7:09:21 PM
And here come the trolls. How is Microsoft doing anything different than what other companies are doing already? Most people already an internet connection so why is this such an issue?

You likely have a contract for your phone and surf the internet on it. Stronger internet focus was a foregone conclusion for anybody who has used Xbox Live for the past decade or so.
#6The_NightwingPosted 8/24/2013 7:11:18 PM
Lightningale posted...
And here come the trolls. How is Microsoft doing anything different than what other companies are doing already? Most people already an internet connection so why is this such an issue?

You likely have a contract for your phone and surf the internet on it. Stronger internet focus was a foregone conclusion for anybody who has used Xbox Live for the past decade or so.

And what about the people that don't have internet?
#7Decimator11Posted 8/24/2013 7:11:29 PM
Lightningale posted...
I know I'm going to get flamed by the trolls, but I think it never should have happened. We could have had so many benefits with the family share plan and being able to access your library from someone else's Xbox. But the trolls and crybabies had to b**** about nothing and now we have a system that has no distinguishing features outside of Kinect.

I'm still getting the Xbox One, but it's a real shame we're missing out on more stuff just because people who didn't understand the ideas behind Microsoft's policies had to devolve into histrionics.

And if you go digital, you can still access your library from someone else's Xbox.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg
#8Nice_RobbyPosted 8/24/2013 7:12:43 PM
As a person who's power goes out more often than his Internet I would not have been affected.

Also, Xbox live has only gone out on me once... And it never lasted more than 24 hours.

The benefits would have been worth it. Sure you could argue "we can still have family sharing" we'll guess what, we don't!!! Sure It makes sense to included it in digital downloads but I think they would prefer a universal/streamline system. In other words they don't want different features for different mediums(physical vs digital).
---
Xbox Live Sn: Nice Robby
PSN Sn: Nice_Robby
#9Lightningale(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 7:13:45 PM
If you can't afford internet access in this day and age you have more serious concerns than buying a video game system. Why is this even an issue?
#10Decimator11Posted 8/24/2013 7:14:30 PM
Nice_Robby posted...
As a person who's power goes out more often than his Internet I would not have been affected.

Also, Xbox live has only gone out on me once... And it never lasted more than 24 hours.

The benefits would have been worth it. Sure you could argue "we can still have family sharing" we'll guess what, we don't!!! Sure It makes sense to included it in digital downloads but I think they would prefer a universal/streamline system. In other words they don't want different features for different mediums(physical vs digital).

Except that instant switching between games and accessing your games from any Xbox One are still around for digital copies, but not for physical ones.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg