Who started the controller rumor?

#61yazman666Posted 8/26/2013 9:06:35 AM
I dont need , researchs, studies, opinions, to realize that the XBOX 360 IS BETTER for shooters ...and not only shooters almost everything ....comon ppl.
---
Death is hereditary.
Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.
#62ZimbabweBobPosted 8/26/2013 10:19:34 AM
yazman666 posted...
I dont need , researchs, studies, opinions, to realize that the XBOX 360 IS BETTER for shooters ...and not only shooters almost everything ....comon ppl.

Except playing games...they are terrible if you enjoy playing games as they are poorly made. I know it's pretty standard from MS to get a substandard product in terms of quality....but are you so used to cheap crap that you actually prefer it over a quality built product?
---
You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.
NNID: ZimbabweBob
#63seankimberley42Posted 8/26/2013 10:39:19 AM
ZimbabweBob posted...
yazman666 posted...

Except playing games...they are terrible if you enjoy playing games as they are poorly made. I know it's pretty standard from MS to get a substandard product in terms of quality....but are you so used to cheap crap that you actually prefer it over a quality built product?

Who cares if they break down once every year or two when it feels and plays much better. I spend close to $200 a month on games, so an extra $60 every year or two is chump change. Now that's not to say it's perfectly ok to make a controller with a shoddy dpad or anything, but when the alternative is a controller with misaligned joysticks and awkward triggers I'll gladly spend a bit more.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#64ZimbabweBobPosted 8/26/2013 10:49:52 AM
seankimberley42 posted...
ZimbabweBob posted...
yazman666 posted...

Who cares if they break down once every year or two when it feels and plays much better. I spend close to $200 a month on games, so an extra $60 every year or two is chump change. Now that's not to say it's perfectly ok to make a controller with a shoddy dpad or anything, but when the alternative is a controller with misaligned joysticks and awkward triggers I'll gladly spend a bit more.

So the only defense for Microsoft's shoddy hardware is " I like it so I don't care it's made crappily?" Of the 3 current DA designs I prefer the Wii U ( it's got the best combination of comfort, design and quality IMO), but I wouldn't even try to defend it if it were as poorly made as the 360's controller.
---
#65JKSonicPosted 8/26/2013 10:52:09 AM
To TC... People like ME say, people who have been gaming since the early 80's and have owned nearly every console that has come out. I've played countless games, shooters and none, with all version of the daulshock, and the 360 and original XBox s-model controllers.

I honestly don't even see it has an opinion. I've spent many hours with both current gen controllers and in essentially every meaningful way the XBox controller wins out.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#66ZimbabweBobPosted 8/26/2013 11:21:01 AM
JKSonic posted...
To TC... People like ME say, people who have been gaming since the early 80's and have owned nearly every console that has come out. I've played countless games, shooters and none, with all version of the daulshock, and the 360 and original XBox s-model controllers.

I honestly don't even see it has an opinion. I've spent many hours with both current gen controllers and in essentially every meaningful way the XBox controller wins out.

I've been gaming since the 2600 days and the fact you don't even see the glaring flaws in the 360 controller shows your bias. I guess quality isn't meaningful to you, it's a fact that 360 controllers are shoddily made. Even the most die-hard defenders of this controller admit it is cheaply made ( with a poorly designed d-pad) and cannot stand up to the rigors of daily gaming.
---
#67GuitaristMatt(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 10:39:49 PM
I'm a little surprised no one has busted in saying "arcade sticks ftw"
---
What does it mean if the PS Button glows blue?
"orcs are near" -OMG_A_PONY
#68OriohalconPosted 8/29/2013 12:03:31 PM
BS_Infinite posted...

It's superior in the way that it's much easier to aim, but it doesn't offer the physical comfort of a controller

That's why it's a shame the PS Move doesn't get more support. Would've been the best of both worlds. I was hoping Sony would push it more for next-gen, but that doesn't seem to be happening.
#69a_fartn_SpartanPosted 8/29/2013 2:43:42 PM
I have large-ish hands and don't like the loose feel the DualShock has. Plus I prefer the triggers and inverted analog sticks, making the Xbox controller my favorite of all time, though I admit I haven't tried out much others besides Nintendo and Sony products.
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
Rare, you will be missed.
#70darkshadowmasterPosted 8/29/2013 2:46:40 PM
For me the 360's controller has always been better simply because I like the stick placement. While I can still use the PS3s controller for FPS it just isn't really comfortable to me after playing for a bit.

Either way though it doesn't matter now as I use a XIM for FPS and the controller for everything else.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.