If Target is any indication,Xbox One needs help

#1livingonwheelsPosted 8/25/2013 12:57:26 PM
At Target today in Massachusetts we opened up pre orders for Xbox One & PS4. We received 15 Xbox One pre order cards and 8 PS4 pre order cards.It is now 3:15 est and all the PS4 preorders are gone,and have been gone since this morning.Not one single Xbox One pre order has been sold.Not one.People are calling the store asking for the PS4 cards,but no one is inquiring about the Xbox One cards.
Microsoft NEEDS to remove the Kinect and lower the price $100 in order to stay competitive. I've been with Xbox for a dozen years and have personally pre ordered both consoles.But I prefer the Xbox because my history is there(gamerscore,friends,etc).
By the way,if you preorder an Xbox One you get $10 off any game or accessory. If you pre order a PS4 you get a $25 gift card.
#2SunDevil77Posted 8/25/2013 12:59:49 PM
Pics required
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#3FoppePosted 8/25/2013 12:59:56 PM
You mean if Target in Massachusetts is any indication...
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#4tokenblackguy23Posted 8/25/2013 1:04:10 PM(edited)
livingonwheels posted...
At Target today in Massachusetts we opened up pre orders for Xbox One & PS4. We received 15 Xbox One pre order cards and 8 PS4 pre order cards.It is now 3:15 est and all the PS4 preorders are gone,and have been gone since this morning.Not one single Xbox One pre order has been sold.Not one.People are calling the store asking for the PS4 cards,but no one is inquiring about the Xbox One cards.
Microsoft NEEDS to remove the Kinect and lower the price $100 in order to stay competitive. I've been with Xbox for a dozen years and have personally pre ordered both consoles.But I prefer the Xbox because my history is there(gamerscore,friends,etc).
By the way,if you preorder an Xbox One you get $10 off any game or accessory. If you pre order a PS4 you get a $25 gift card.

You have to understand people that are pre-ordering the system now are the quote and quote die hard gamers. Just like the PS3 had horrible press with its $599 price point during its release, once the casual market gets a hold of it and games like Titanfall start to come out things will change.
---
Baltimore Ravens!!!!!
#5Pokerkid777Posted 8/25/2013 1:00:21 PM
troll
---
Tennis is the sport for gods I tell you. MOTHER****ING GODS!
#6DelRowePosted 8/25/2013 1:00:22 PM
Why are there more Xbones available for preorder anyway? Are they not aware of the heavy criticism and backlash MS has gotten?
---
You are not in control.
#7A_Hairy_WafflePosted 8/25/2013 1:00:45 PM
I forgot Target was even a store. Haven't been there in like 10 years.
#8ImThe8thWonderPosted 8/25/2013 1:02:08 PM
Fanatics on this board have a hard time believing that the XB1 isn't selling well with the whole preorder situation. Guess some people around here live under a rock.
#9SheepinatorPosted 8/25/2013 1:03:39 PM
A_Hairy_Waffle posted...
I forgot Target was even a store. Haven't been there in like 10 years.

I got Dead Space 3 for $11, Skryim Legendary Edition for $26, Bioshock Infinite for $21, all new, all with tax included, from Target.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#10IzecPosted 8/25/2013 1:08:11 PM
If MS removes Kinect they should just lower the Xbone price to $350 or at least $375. They could afford to do it and it would give them a clear edge over PS4 in terms of cost.

Reality is MS mistakes gave Xbone a bad, shaky rep from the start and just reversing policies doesn't fix their PR. They need to actually do something better than the competition in order to bring positive attention back to their camp, and I mean in regards to the console itself rather than just the exclusive games (which many gamers won't care for).
---
No Text