Do you want FF XV follow the Killer Instinct model?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you want FF XV follow the Killer Instinct model?
2 years ago#1
Or do you want to wait another 3 to 7 years to see it finally released? Just asking.
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
2 years ago#2
good things take time
patience is a virtue
etc.
---
"Meanwhile, inside a nearby swordfish..."
2 years ago#3
I want to wait for a full game.
2 years ago#4
JeDDyD posted...
good things take time
patience is a virtue
etc.

FFXIII took a lot of time and that clearly didn't help... maybe releasing a part of the game and then evolving it based on player feedback would have been the better choice.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
2 years ago#5
It's already been in development for 7 years, switching to the KI model will take another 3 to 7 years.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
2 years ago#6
Short answer: no
Long answer: hell no

I don't care if it take 100 years, if it's unfinished, don't release it, if it dies because of it which I highly doubt, so be it.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
2 years ago#7
Applying the release model that a fighting game uses probably wouldn't work with a singleplayer RPG. Even with an MMORPG it would be pretty questionable. Having a staggered and evolving release only really makes sense when the components can be finished separately and sequentially, like characters in a fighting game or MOBA or the songs in a music game. It's harder to make something story-based and have its release stretched out across several years. I guess episodic games are the closest comparison, but that normally only works with games that are done in "seasons" that range from 6-12 months.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
2 years ago#8
The game is already $30 with a 3 month subscription you're paying the price of a full game and it comes with 30 free days so you get to play the game for 4 months... If you can't decide if it's worth it by then gaming isn't for you.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
2 years ago#9
I'm going to do a march on SE HQ if they pull the s*** M$ pulled with Killed Instinct.
2 years ago#10
I suppose an episodic game would be interesting, but knowing SE they will make like 20 chapter that they'll release over 8 years... And each episode is $30
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you want FF XV follow the Killer Instinct model?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived