Hot Chips: "204GB/sec peak" b/w Xbox One, SoC total 47 MBytes cache

#121OZ_ArchangelPosted 8/26/2013 10:36:29 PM
georgewduff1 posted...
jrb363 posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
zepfya posted...
How does it compare to the PS4?

More powerful CPU WRONG
More powerful audio processor - Correct...but this doesn't help the games now does it?
Faster memory access unknown
Faster GPU - WRONG
More RAM - WRONG

WRONG!!!

+1 when can the fanboys just give up 12 pages of reading and Im shaking my head at the denial. its like all his friends are telling him his girlfriend is ugly and fat and hes in denial saying shes the hottest babe in the universe no harm in admitting it you can still like your console no one will judge you if you just admit it come on ppl its just a gadget sheesh
---
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great
#122Chao_YunPosted 8/26/2013 10:54:00 PM
Yeomanly posted...
What will come out of all this though is

Xbox One will have better CPU, DSP, Faster RAM access (overall), custom everything, slower GPU

PS4 faster GPU, faster GPU memory access constant

XBO will make up ground with all it's custom stuff, PS4 will lose ground using CPU/GPU cycles for everything.

Both will be identical... ta da.

You know, for the first time in a long time, I was with you until this post. It sounds like the Xbone will definitely have better sound, though. Thanks for the info in your other posts. I agree that DDR3 is quicker, but it can't move as much information, so in gaming terms, it isn't advantageous.
---
Forest trees are greener.
#123YeomanlyPosted 8/27/2013 1:06:47 AM
The reason I say faster ram (overall) for the XBO is because of the bandwidth to the CPU as well, most posters look at max figures for GPU and post those, PS4 has the slowest R/W access to CPU.

Sony went the route of fast ram, semi-stock cpu, good GPU. They are hoping the GPGPU can make up for a poor CPU.

Microsoft custom everything, lesser GPU. Anything that takes up CPU/GPU time Microsoft have made a custom for to free up a lot more than we think.

The big difference will be the OS and how much that takes.
#124Chao_YunPosted 8/27/2013 1:22:03 AM
Yeomanly posted...
The reason I say faster ram (overall) for the XBO is because of the bandwidth to the CPU as well, most posters look at max figures for GPU and post those, PS4 has the slowest R/W access to CPU.

Sony went the route of fast ram, semi-stock cpu, good GPU. They are hoping the GPGPU can make up for a poor CPU.

Microsoft custom everything, lesser GPU. Anything that takes up CPU/GPU time Microsoft have made a custom for to free up a lot more than we think.

The big difference will be the OS and how much that takes.

The OS is MS's biggest lag! Grrrr! Peace, I'm out.
---
Forest trees are greener.
#125ScRuiPosted 8/27/2013 4:15:45 AM
I can solve this debacle for anyone that games online...

Ready?

Xbox Live <-------

What I'm implying is that if you game online a decent amount of time... Live is the holy grail of these 'console wars' ...

Base your decision (if you can't/won't get both) off of the best option for your likes and dislikes and what you actually play/use.... Stop caring about numbers and paper specs...

Just like the NFL, on paper there's always an undeniable better team that 'should' destroy the opposition, but as proven on any given Sunday... What's on paper don't mean ****
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
#126axelfooley2k5Posted 8/27/2013 5:48:47 AM
ScRui posted...

Ready?

Xbox Live <-------

What I'm implying is that if you game online a decent amount of time... Live is the holy grail of these 'console wars' ...

Base your decision (if you can't/won't get both) off of the best option for your likes and dislikes and what you actually play/use.... Stop caring about numbers and paper specs...

Just like the NFL, on paper there's always an undeniable better team that 'should' destroy the opposition, but as proven on any given Sunday... What's on paper don't mean ****

you cant deny live was better than psn last gen
but now that sony is collecting tons of cash for psn i hope they use it on psn

last gen seems to be the biggest arguement by people who are only getting an xbone
only way you are going to know if live is that much better is wait till both are out

people on here are literaly saying ps4 wont use ANY servers
i dont get it

the cloud is alive!
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#127DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/27/2013 6:47:18 AM
Barely anyone says PS4 will get any dedicated servers. But the reality is that MS is going to be offering far more of them and for a lot of multiplats.

CoD on Xbox One has dedicated already because of their cloud support. Killzone on the other hand is a first party game and doesn't even have it...

So we are going to be seeing a huge difference in what games will and won't have dedicated servers. For serious online gamers, thats probably the biggest difference. I'm not going to suffer P2P gameplay just so I can turn some settings from medium to high.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#128MetroidFan9999Posted 8/27/2013 6:49:42 AM
ScRui posted...

Ready?

Xbox Live <-------

Ummm....LOL

Live hasn't been blatantly superior for about 3 years. They are both relatively equal, and they both are pretty bad in comparison to PC online gaming.

Shame on you for this obvious propaganda.
---
That's just, like...your opinion, man.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#129DamnEvilDogPosted 8/27/2013 6:51:00 AM
I liked this topic because of the all info that was being given out along with some people explaining things.

Course people wanted to argue about "Xbox One vs Ps4" which is annoying.

As much as I do not care about specs of the console I am getting vs the one I am not getting, I am a nerd and the info was really cool to read... which is why I come to Gamefaqs, too bad it's mostly a fake war fought by stupid people.
#130DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/27/2013 6:55:53 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
ScRui posted...

Ready?

Xbox Live <-------

Ummm....LOL

Live hasn't been blatantly superior for about 3 years. They are both relatively equal, and they both are pretty bad in comparison to PC online gaming.

Shame on you for this obvious propaganda.

They are worse in what way? XBL is far more fluid and faster compared to PSN with more features. The only way these were inferior to PCs was in the fact that it had no dedicated servers. That is now being addressed by MS so again, MS has a huge lead. Sony has always looked at what MS does for it online system and tries to copy it but always does it worse.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H