Hot Chips: "204GB/sec peak" b/w Xbox One, SoC total 47 MBytes cache

#131MetroidFan9999Posted 8/27/2013 7:00:00 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
They are worse in what way? XBL is far more fluid and faster compared to PSN with more features. The only way these were inferior to PCs was in the fact that it had no dedicated servers. That is now being addressed by MS so again, MS has a huge lead. Sony has always looked at what MS does for it online system and tries to copy it but always does it worse.

For you maybe, not for me. Try living further from a MS server and closer to a Sony server, then tell me LIVE is better performing....which is the entire point of this argument. Performance is relative to server location.

Features? PS+ offers far more free games and discounts, Live offers cross game chat....Whoopy?

PC's offer far more choice in what/how games are set up online, and communication choices are far broader and better as well. It isn't just a "dedicated server" thing...
---
That's just, like...your opinion, man.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#132DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/27/2013 7:09:12 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
They are worse in what way? XBL is far more fluid and faster compared to PSN with more features. The only way these were inferior to PCs was in the fact that it had no dedicated servers. That is now being addressed by MS so again, MS has a huge lead. Sony has always looked at what MS does for it online system and tries to copy it but always does it worse.

For you maybe, not for me. Try living further from a MS server and closer to a Sony server, then tell me LIVE is better performing....which is the entire point of this argument. Performance is relative to server location.

Features? PS+ offers far more free games and discounts, Live offers cross game chat....Whoopy?

PC's offer far more choice in what/how games are set up online, and communication choices are far broader and better as well. It isn't just a "dedicated server" thing...

No it isn't... I am a huge PC gamer and one of the reasons I play on XBL is because it is far more well integrated, less of a hassle and easier to communicate and meet new people. You really don't have a clue. If I make random friends online, I'm not going to suddenly invite them to my vent server. Steam has been trying to implement MS's features but without a unified hardware and system for all gamers, its a shadow of how smoothly XBL functions.

As for relative to server distance thats a bad joke. We aren't making a case by case argument. The vast majority of people prefer XBL and now with dedicated servers, if distance is the issue then you would prefer XBL even more because now you can play with people across continents without suffering their lag.

As for free games, MS is starting to offer the same thing so I have no idea what you are on about. And yes, the quality of the online services is >>>>>>>>>>>> offering old free games and random indie titles. MS will be offering games for gold AND will have dedicated servers.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#133ScRuiPosted 8/27/2013 7:24:06 AM
Propaganda?....

I base my purchases and chose what is best for me...

Me posting 'buy what's best for your personal situation' is far less propaganda then most 'truth slingers' that post about numbers and try to convince/shoot down other posters like thier 'facts' are laws to be abided by...

LOL fanpups
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
#134MetroidFan9999Posted 8/27/2013 7:27:53 AM(edited)
No it isn't... I am a huge PC gamer and one of the reasons I play on XBL is because it is far more well integrated, less of a hassle and easier to communicate and meet new people. You really don't have a clue. If I make random friends online, I'm not going to suddenly invite them to my vent server. Steam has been trying to implement MS's features but without a unified hardware and system for all gamers, its a shadow of how smoothly XBL functions.

As for relative to server distance thats a bad joke. We aren't making a case by case argument. The vast majority of people prefer XBL and now with dedicated servers, if distance is the issue then you would prefer XBL even more because now you can play with people across continents without suffering their lag.

As for free games, MS is starting to offer the same thing so I have no idea what you are on about. And yes, the quality of the online services is >>>>>>>>>>>> offering old free games and random indie titles. MS will be offering games for gold AND will have dedicated servers.

The "vast majority"?

You are sounding more and more like a propaganda machine by the second.

It's indisputable that PC online gaming is better than console gaming, I can't believe you are even trying to make a case for console online gaming. The choices one has on the PC side far outweigh a "unifying" system that is not even close to being as consistent as you make it out to be.

And yeah, you do make a "case by case" argument when when referring to distance between points A and B. And LOL at this joke, playing across continents without suffering their lag?
Marketing 101 kids. If it's a dedicated server game, he suffers his own lag. If he is the P2P host, then you all suffer his lag.

Go ahead, try it. The argument though was "fluidity" of service, and when actual LIVE servers are a longer distance away, the fluidity suffers greatly.

Yeah, MS offers "old free games". Sony doesn't. Unless you consider Halo 3 and AC2 as on par with what Sony offers with PS+.
---
That's just, like...your opinion, man.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#135DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/27/2013 4:47:05 PM
The "vast majority"?

You are sounding more and more like a propaganda machine by the second.

Look in the mirror. You are the one spamming out topics about how DRM is going to return even though you quote an article that says mandatory won't return. Now you can't handle real arguments (and facts it seems) so you say I am full of propaganda? Yeah this is irony.

It's indisputable that PC online gaming is better than console gaming, I can't believe you are even trying to make a case for console online gaming. The choices one has on the PC side far outweigh a "unifying" system that is not even close to being as consistent as you make it out to be.

Wtf are you talking about? Even when I was on the PC board, XBL is one of the few things that people thought consoles did well (except for the paying part). You obviously don't have any clue as to what you are talking about. PC online is far less consistent than console online and you have to run a crapload of apps to get the same functionality that isn't even nearly as fluid.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#136DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/27/2013 4:48:19 PM
And yeah, you do make a "case by case" argument when when referring to distance between points A and B. And LOL at this joke, playing across continents without suffering their lag?

As oppose to no cases by you? Also yes, you clearly have no idea what dedicated servers mean. I play with internationals in BF3 including people in China and I don't lag. My friend in China doesn't lag either. You are so clueless its hilarious. You think because its popular to say PCs are just better that you can make an argument without knowing what you are even talking about.

Marketing 101 kids. If it's a dedicated server game, he suffers his own lag. If he is the P2P host, then you all suffer his lag.

You are such a noob...

Go ahead, try it. The argument though was "fluidity" of service, and when actual LIVE servers are a longer distance away, the fluidity suffers greatly.

And thats the same problem with any service but MS does it better. You also have no idea what fluidity means here. Lag and fluidity of service are two different things... Fluidity of service is how well everything is integrated. You are talking about performance...

Yeah, MS offers "old free games". Sony doesn't. Unless you consider Halo 3 and AC2 as on par with what Sony offers with PS+.

I never said Xbox doesn't offer old games. Are you high?
---
#137Talk2DaHandPosted 8/29/2013 8:24:33 AM
larvan posted...
X1 is superior technically, overall. PS4 may potentially have an edge for pure visuals. X1 will have an edge in virtually everything else. Faster RAM for CPU, better motion, voice, better audio, lower input latency (WiFi direct, faster RAM, HDMI pass through to avoid receiver latency, etc), better Cloud processing capabilities, etc.

We've "seen" that X1 has equal if not better graphics than PS4. But their actual advantages are things you can only feel from playing both systems. X1 looks built from the ground up to be super responsive and fast.

Some people are blind to the fact that Xbox one, has stuff up it's sleeve and some are in denial cause sony blinded you with marketing.

This. Learn2specs idiots
---
http://www.northernsun.com/images/thumb/2214.jpg
#138BS_InfinitePosted 8/29/2013 5:50:39 PM
larvan posted...
X1 is superior technically, overall. PS4 may potentially have an edge for pure visuals. X1 will have an edge in virtually everything else. Faster RAM for CPU, better motion, voice, better audio, lower input latency (WiFi direct, faster RAM, HDMI pass through to avoid receiver latency, etc), better Cloud processing capabilities, etc.

We've "seen" that X1 has equal if not better graphics than PS4. But their actual advantages are things you can only feel from playing both systems. X1 looks built from the ground up to be super responsive and fast.

Some people are blind to the fact that Xbox one, has stuff up it's sleeve and some are in denial cause sony blinded you with marketing.

Will xbox having faster cpu be a big deal?
---
--
-
#139Ramsus082Posted 8/29/2013 6:28:01 PM
God I hate it when posters here steal from Reddit without crediting it.