C/D this is this first generation of consoles without a "strongest" console

#31HypnoCooshPosted 8/27/2013 6:51:31 AM
PS4 power > Xbone power Fact.

Even without a huge *** external power supply.
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#32MetroidFan9999Posted 8/27/2013 6:55:52 AM
Listen, you guys really need to accept that the PS4 is stronger than the Xbox One.

This is getting ridiculous.
---
That's just, like...your opinion, man.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#33TYWlN_LANNlSTERPosted 8/27/2013 7:26:01 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Listen, you guys really need to accept that the PS4 is stronger than the Xbox One.

This is getting ridiculous.

This. I mean, I've never seen such wilful refusal of facts. If you are even moderately technically minded, you will see that the PS4 is more powerful.
#34BS_Infinite(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 11:27:08 AM
XD375 posted...
BS_Infinite posted...
XD375 posted...
levelshooter posted...

Err gamecube is actually more powerful than the PS2 if I remember correctly

This is true. On a technical level, GameCube outclassed PS2 in every area but disc capacity.

"Yeah right! Ps2 had Shadow of the Colossus and God of War
And Gamecube had Shadow the Hedgehog and Godzilla DAMM"

I'm almost sure you're just joking at this point, but not only are both of those games multiplatform, but Shadow the Hedgehog actually ran better on GameCube than on PS2 or Xbox. Godzilla wasn't on PS2, but it was also on Xbox.

Yeah, PS2 put out some great graphics with games like Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Final Fantasy XII, and Rogue Galaxy. GameCube's library was noticeably weaker, and the best graphics probably came out of Resident Evil 4 as someone else mentioned.

Here's a page comparing each of the consoles from that generation: http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/1278831

I was
---
--
-
#35PraetorXynPosted 8/29/2013 12:16:05 PM(edited)
BS_Infinite posted...
XD375 posted...
BS_Infinite posted...
XD375 posted...
levelshooter posted...

Err gamecube is actually more powerful than the PS2 if I remember correctly

This is true. On a technical level, GameCube outclassed PS2 in every area but disc capacity.

"Yeah right! Ps2 had Shadow of the Colossus and God of War
And Gamecube had Shadow the Hedgehog and Godzilla DAMM"

I'm almost sure you're just joking at this point, but not only are both of those games multiplatform, but Shadow the Hedgehog actually ran better on GameCube than on PS2 or Xbox. Godzilla wasn't on PS2, but it was also on Xbox.

Yeah, PS2 put out some great graphics with games like Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Final Fantasy XII, and Rogue Galaxy. GameCube's library was noticeably weaker, and the best graphics probably came out of Resident Evil 4 as someone else mentioned.

Here's a page comparing each of the consoles from that generation: http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/1278831

I was

I though the quotation marks made it pretty obvious.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6972/xbox-one-hardware-compared-to-playstation-4/2

On topic, the PS4's GPU has roughly 50% more raw power than the PS4., and it has much faster (even than the esRAM, MS just gave their math a little help for presentation purposes) RAM, but with higher latency; for gaming, the latency likely won't matter as the majority of the job is done by the GPU, which needs the higher speed memory. I would probably agree that the DDR3 in the One will make it better at multitasking as far as watching movies, etc.

This source is amandtech, which is probably the most reputable hardware reviewer in the PC world.

A proper misconception from this gen was that the PS3 was the most powerful; in the case of the CPU, it absolutely was, but the architecture was so convoluted nobody except Naughty Dog bothered with it pretty much. The PS3 however had half the RAM the 360 had, and a weaker GPU as well. Couple this with the fact that the Cell was hard to develop for, and you can see why PS3 ports always looked terrible (and were usually riddled with bugs).

This generation, it's up to developers to decide how they approach their games. Thus far, the majority of third party development seems to be focused on PC-first, which is the proper way as it makes everyone happy, and then scaling down for the next gen consoles. The only way you won't see a performance difference between the One and PS4 is if developers decide to develop for the One first, and port to PS4. Given that popularity or lack thereof of the One, I really don't think that's going to happen.

TL;DR: Deny. The PS4 is unquestionably stronger than the One in every way except RAM latency.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#36SilentS89Posted 8/29/2013 12:24:52 PM
Hardcore deny.

It is blatantly obvious which console is the strongest.
#37The_DOAMPosted 8/29/2013 12:51:02 PM
Power never wins with the only exception bieng the SNES in every other gen the strongest system failed. Also the Gamecube had more power behind it than the Xbox and PS2 I'd say check the specs but your a troll so that's pointless.

Games always win it while the Ps1, n64, and Dreamcast day's also known as the glory was the last gen where people weren't screaming specs and people just enjoyed the games. Then along came Microsoft and the entire gaming commmunity seems to have caught a sever case of the stupid.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#38Juzten76Posted 8/29/2013 12:51:45 PM
Until we get several months into release there is no way to know what console has more power. As it stands they are pretty well even in specs except they both have different architecture under the hood that could benefit one of the other. I have to laugh at the people saying the PS4 is "much more powerful". We shall see.
#39SilentS89Posted 8/29/2013 3:44:30 PM
The_DOAM posted...
Then along came Microsoft and the entire gaming commmunity seems to have caught a sever case of the stupid.

Yeah since Microsoft came along the gaming community started defending corporation's interests above their own.

I have never seen any other industry that has customers defend anti-consumer practices so strongly.
#40Skynet82997Posted 8/29/2013 3:46:20 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...
As of the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii generation strength is pretty much irrelevant.

There's only so much more technology can make things 'look prettier' but who cares if the gameplay is the same since 1996.

Eh, I don't know. I still think there's tangible benefits to gamers for increasing the resolution of textures, lighting and particle effects looking better, less pop-in and further draw distances, lower load times, etc. Part of why I play games is to be immersed in their worlds, and while story-telling and gameplay are important parts of that, so is graphical fidelity.

Yea I agree with that - I love pretty graphics. But even with PS4 more powerful, I'm loving what the XB1 games are looking like too.

I'll enjoy them both.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate