RROD hurting xbox One sales?

#1blk911Posted 8/26/2013 12:38:56 PM
Alot of gamers after the RROD fiasco. Are waiting at-least a year 2 to to purchase a Xbox One.
#2NCPwnPosted 8/26/2013 12:41:04 PM
I know the RROD left a bad taste in my mouth. So Bad that I went PS3 last gen.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#3SilentS89Posted 8/26/2013 12:44:12 PM
blk911 posted...
Alot of gamers after the RROD fiasco. Are waiting at-least a year 2 to to purchase a Xbox One.

So, people are learning from the past?
#4NCPwnPosted 8/26/2013 12:47:09 PM
I think all manufacturing has gone down hill these days. Last gen 2 of the 3 consoles broke. Wii, and Xbox360 (RRoD). My Slim has been going strong, but who knows.

My NES and SNES, N64, GC all still work just fine.
---
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#5SilentS89Posted 8/26/2013 12:48:11 PM
NCPwn posted...
I think all manufacturing has gone down hill these days. Last gen 2 of the 3 consoles broke. Wii, and Xbox360 (RRoD). My Slim has been going strong, but who knows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence
#6crucialPosted 8/26/2013 12:52:22 PM
Maybe a little but a lot will wait and see,it cost MS 3 billiob dollars over RRoD so imo if they had problems they would delay it because that would not cost them as much as a severe fail rate,what is funny I went to the 360 because of how bad the DREstation2 was,I had to get 5 PS2s before I got the slim and I still have it but then went through 9 360's and a few Dreamcast's.

Way I look it if its disc based it will fail sooner then later,never had any luck with disc based consoles even PS1 for me had to be played upside down for me to use it hehe.

Warrentys have helped me everytime so I never spent money on more then 2 consoles per gen so it really does not matter to me but my bet is X1 will be built like a ford f150.
#7gobuffalo30Posted 8/26/2013 12:56:04 PM
For me it does. Had 4 360s stop working in 7 years. Plus PS4 is cheaper.
#8NCPwnPosted 8/26/2013 12:56:56 PM
SilentS89 posted...
NCPwn posted...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

Except my Wii lasted 2 years and the XBOX 360 Died after 2 months. I think they were Expected to last longer than that. Also wii was a launch wii.
---
#9carryonifucanPosted 8/26/2013 1:00:08 PM
I lost 2 360's due to rrod. On my 3rd now and it's been fine for a few years.

I am worried MS is going to rush this thing just to play catch up to sony though. Guess we'll see when it comes out.
#10alexismynamexxPosted 8/26/2013 1:00:59 PM
So to avoid another hardware fault ridden launch they are avoiding buying the massive console that sacrifices aesthetics for air flow and that has a lower power system and that has the power brick outside of the console.

I suppose people are going to the fan assisted mini grill that is potentially the ps4 to avoid hardware problems aswell?

maybe that was a bit strong, but any slightly tech savvy individual would see that the Xbox one is designed with the life of a set top box instead of the Xbox 360s throw it into a case and hope approach.