Should launch games really factor in which console to buy?

#11NathanDrakeSwagPosted 8/26/2013 7:26:46 PM
Excal1bur posted...
WartPig_ posted...
an actuall gamer wouldnt buy based on launch games. but alot of kids have the "now now me me" mentality and cant look beyond the few games that will last a month tops. totally ignoring the fact a console purchase is for years down the road.

An actual gamer wouldn't limit himself on a single console.

In the past maybe but there is no reason to buy more than one console anymore. 3rd party exclusives no longer exist and M$ barely has a first party. PS4 is the only logical choice for next gen.
#12ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 7:30:27 PM
You guys say it isn't a factor now, but when some console war argument starts, it's always X console is better than Y because of Z games.
#13INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 8/26/2013 7:35:25 PM
I personally think it matters. The point of a console is to sell you on it and if that said console has the better games at launch, it makes you want to assume they will continue to produce those better games in the future.

Is this always the case? No. However, in my opinion the first impression is important.

Example: Microsoft screwing up with there policies that the majority did not like, it is still hurting them. So everyone assumes they will continue to mess up.

I feel Microsoft has the stronger line up, but that is just my opinion.

My opinion I suppose is irrelevant though, considering I am buying both at launch.

Just my 2 cents.
#14NathanDrakeSwagPosted 8/26/2013 7:41:16 PM
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...
I personally think it matters. The point of a console is to sell you on it and if that said console has the better games at launch, it makes you want to assume they will continue to produce those better games in the future.

Is this always the case? No. However, in my opinion the first impression is important.

Example: Microsoft screwing up with there policies that the majority did not like, it is still hurting them. So everyone assumes they will continue to mess up.

I feel Microsoft has the stronger line up, but that is just my opinion.

My opinion I suppose is irrelevant though, considering I am buying both at launch.

Just my 2 cents.

Launch games mean nothing in the long run. Look at how 360 and PS3 started and then compare them from 2009 until now. 360 has no exclusives except Halo/Gears/Forza. PS3 has a catalog full of amazing exclusives.
#15sdchiPosted 8/26/2013 7:44:11 PM
NathanDrakeSwag posted...
Excal1bur posted...
WartPig_ posted...
an actuall gamer wouldnt buy based on launch games. but alot of kids have the "now now me me" mentality and cant look beyond the few games that will last a month tops. totally ignoring the fact a console purchase is for years down the road.

In the past maybe but there is no reason to buy more than one console anymore. 3rd party exclusives no longer exist and M$ barely has a first party. PS4 is the only logical choice for next gen.

Why do you Sony fanboys/trolls/weeaboos still post here?
#16The JackassPosted 8/26/2013 7:46:52 PM
I think launch games matter to an extent, they are not the end all to be all. I plan on having both systems as just not both at launch(can't afford that much in the same month).

this is my thoughts on launch games in the link:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67048003
---
"Were you born in the backseat of a bumper car or something?" - Dark Syde X 3226 regarding HH1's stupidity
#17INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 8/26/2013 7:46:59 PM
sdchi posted...
Excal1bur posted...
WartPig_ posted...

Why do you Sony fanboys/trolls/weeaboos still post here?

Reassurance. LOLOLHAHAHAAOMG!

They post here because they have no life and feel it is there duty to praise Sony.
#18micheal82Posted 8/26/2013 7:48:10 PM
If you are buying a console a launch it matters. You don't want to spend hundreds of dollars for it to collect dust until games start rolling out. Look at the WiiU and the Vita. For the most part my WiiU is sitting around collecting dust until Pikmin 3 came out and once I beat that and the Wonderful 101 it will sit around until something good comes out.
---
I can shoot a whole load into a guys face and they just brush it off. - Psquared34
#19georgewduff1Posted 8/26/2013 8:04:15 PM
In response to the topic...

No...You buy a console because you like a majority of game on it...before and after launch...simple...
---
XboxOne and my gaming addiction are perfect match :)
#20Excal1burPosted 8/26/2013 9:46:01 PM
Excal1bur posted...
WartPig_ posted...

It must be tough to go through life as such a jaded troll. Props for not shooting yourself in the head yet.