"Microsoft wants to create the digital ecosystem that was announced at launch"

#1FuRiOuS 198774623Posted 8/26/2013 7:33:20 PM
"Our commitment through Xbox Live and updating the software and keeping the games coming is a long-term service commitment." That's why the whole check-in-once-a-day bit existed in the first place and why, Spencer says, "those advantages will be coming, some at launch and some later."

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127082-Microsoft-Believes-Xbox-One-And-Kinect-Are-One-And-The-Same?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=news#MQGkGOE8beg0vxjD.99

I didn't see any threads about this. I figured it's worth discussing.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC on 6/3/2003
#2Orange_ApplesPosted 8/26/2013 7:36:19 PM
all of the previous restrictions will be implemented over time confirmed.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#3NathanDrakeSwagPosted 8/26/2013 7:36:55 PM
M$ will bring back every anti-consumer feature after they sucker people into buying the console. This is a big reason people still won't buy it because you can't trust M$.
#4INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 8/26/2013 7:39:28 PM(edited)
Do not be a bunch of trolls or just plain dumb

They are talking about the advantages of digital vs hard copy. The advantages will come over time with those who choose to go the digital route, however it does not mean they will take the hardcopy away.
#5BeastLeeAdamsPosted 8/26/2013 7:43:13 PM(edited)
That article sucks use the orginal one:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/aug/22/xbox-one-microsoft-gamescom-2013

But they're in the background now. I wonder how much of that proposition, which was very Steam-like, will come back?

We're committed to the digital ecosystem that we talked about at the beginning of Xbox One. Absolutely. That's why I wanted to be clear on what you were referring to with the word 'reversal'. Other people have tried to twist this a little bit, but it's important that we remain in a two-way dialogue with gamers and potential customers about what they would like to see. Consoles today are as much a service as they are an individual purchase our commitment through Xbox Live and updating the software and keeping the games coming is a long-term service commitment. The service gets better through direct feedback with the people who are using it.

What we heard from gamers is that they enjoyed the physical DRM they had with the 360 ecosystem and they wanted to add that to Xbox One. So we added physical DRM to the digital DRM plan that we had. When we did that, maths takes over and some things had to move out. But the core of that digital ecosystem is absolutely something that we believe in, and we haven't reversed it. You'll be able to buy games as physical and digital goods, you'll be able to share games with everybody in your house, and other features that we talked about will definitely be coming down the line.

---
"Go die. Everyone should go die.
Brb. Dying." - NashtheLion
#6INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 8/26/2013 7:44:22 PM
BeastLeeAdams posted...

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/aug/22/xbox-one-microsoft-gamescom-2013

But they're in the background now. I wonder how much of that proposition, which was very Steam-like, will come back?

We're committed to the digital ecosystem that we talked about at the beginning of Xbox One. Absolutely. That's why I wanted to be clear on what you were referring to with the word 'reversal'. Other people have tried to twist this a little bit, but it's important that we remain in a two-way dialogue with gamers and potential customers about what they would like to see. Consoles today are as much a service as they are an individual purchase our commitment through Xbox Live and updating the software and keeping the games coming is a long-term service commitment. The service gets better through direct feedback with the people who are using it.

What we heard from gamers is that they enjoyed the physical DRM they had with the 360 ecosystem and they wanted to add that to Xbox One. So we added physical DRM to the digital DRM plan that we had. When we did that, maths takes over and some things had to move out. But the core of that digital ecosystem is absolutely something that we believe in, and we haven't reversed it. You'll be able to buy games as physical and digital goods, you'll be able to share games with everybody in your house, and other features that we talked about will definitely be coming down the line.

Of course "and other features that we talked about will definitely be coming down the line." Will be taken as restrictions yada yada, even though they CLEARLY stated physical goods will be available.
#7Ramsus082Posted 8/26/2013 7:46:20 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_frog
#8IzecPosted 8/26/2013 7:48:15 PM
I can't wait to see the Xbox fanbase implode when DRM returns.

Countless players without internet get stuck with more useless bricks than RROD produced.
---
No Text
#9muffinmasherPosted 8/26/2013 7:48:53 PM
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...
BeastLeeAdams posted...

Of course "and other features that we talked about will definitely be coming down the line." Will be taken as restrictions yada yada, even though they CLEARLY stated physical goods will be available.

Physical good were available when they had their awful policies too.
There's really nothing stopping them from putting the DRM and always online back in, they could very easily slide it in the terms of use, and nobody would know.
---
3DS FC: 0173-1320-7190
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#10Decimator11Posted 8/26/2013 7:49:05 PM
Izec posted...
I can't wait to see the Xbox fanbase implode when DRM returns.

Countless players without internet get stuck with more useless bricks than RROD produced.

Which is exactly why it won't happen.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg