"Microsoft wants to create the digital ecosystem that was announced at launch"

#11INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 8/26/2013 7:50:20 PM(edited)
More for the ignore list.
#12SunDevil77Posted 8/26/2013 7:50:06 PM
Izec posted...
I can't wait to see the Xbox fanbase implode when DRM returns.

Countless players without internet get stuck with more useless bricks than RROD produced.

If that were to happen, it would be the absolute end of the Xbox brand. So I can guarantee that it will not.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#13Decimator11Posted 8/26/2013 7:52:28 PM(edited)
muffinmasher posted...
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...
BeastLeeAdams posted...
That article sucks use the orginal one:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/aug/22/xbox-one-microsoft-gamescom-2013

But they're in the background now. I wonder how much of that proposition, which was very Steam-like, will come back?

We're committed to the digital ecosystem that we talked about at the beginning of Xbox One. Absolutely. That's why I wanted to be clear on what you were referring to with the word 'reversal'. Other people have tried to twist this a little bit, but it's important that we remain in a two-way dialogue with gamers and potential customers about what they would like to see. Consoles today are as much a service as they are an individual purchase our commitment through Xbox Live and updating the software and keeping the games coming is a long-term service commitment. The service gets better through direct feedback with the people who are using it.

What we heard from gamers is that they enjoyed the physical DRM they had with the 360 ecosystem and they wanted to add that to Xbox One. So we added physical DRM to the digital DRM plan that we had. When we did that, maths takes over and some things had to move out. But the core of that digital ecosystem is absolutely something that we believe in, and we haven't reversed it. You'll be able to buy games as physical and digital goods, you'll be able to share games with everybody in your house, and other features that we talked about will definitely be coming down the line.

Of course "and other features that we talked about will definitely be coming down the line." Will be taken as restrictions yada yada, even though they CLEARLY stated physical goods will be available.

Physical good were available when they had their awful policies too.
There's really nothing stopping them from putting the DRM and always online back in, they could very easily slide it in the terms of use, and nobody would know.

Except, y'know, customer backlash, probably on a larger scale than last time. But that's nothing important. And how would nobody know when everyone who doesn't connect their console to the Internet would tear Microsoft to pieces when they suddenly can't play without it?

I pity the brains of the people who actually believe they're going to bring back the DRM on this console, as they seem to be suffering from disuse.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg
#14INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 8/26/2013 7:52:58 PM
muffinmasher posted...
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...
BeastLeeAdams posted...
That article sucks use the orginal one:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/aug/22/xbox-one-microsoft-gamescom-2013

But they're in the background now. I wonder how much of that proposition, which was very Steam-like, will come back?

We're committed to the digital ecosystem that we talked about at the beginning of Xbox One. Absolutely. That's why I wanted to be clear on what you were referring to with the word 'reversal'. Other people have tried to twist this a little bit, but it's important that we remain in a two-way dialogue with gamers and potential customers about what they would like to see. Consoles today are as much a service as they are an individual purchase our commitment through Xbox Live and updating the software and keeping the games coming is a long-term service commitment. The service gets better through direct feedback with the people who are using it.

What we heard from gamers is that they enjoyed the physical DRM they had with the 360 ecosystem and they wanted to add that to Xbox One. So we added physical DRM to the digital DRM plan that we had. When we did that, maths takes over and some things had to move out. But the core of that digital ecosystem is absolutely something that we believe in, and we haven't reversed it. You'll be able to buy games as physical and digital goods, you'll be able to share games with everybody in your house, and other features that we talked about will definitely be coming down the line.

Of course "and other features that we talked about will definitely be coming down the line." Will be taken as restrictions yada yada, even though they CLEARLY stated physical goods will be available.

Physical good were available when they had their awful policies too.
There's really nothing stopping them from putting the DRM and always online back in, they could very easily slide it in the terms of use, and nobody would know.

Come on man, use your brain here. I know you WANT to think Microsoft is greedy and you are right too, because they are. However, they are not stupid.
#15IzecPosted 8/26/2013 8:00:39 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Izec posted...

Countless players without internet get stuck with more useless bricks than RROD produced.

If that were to happen, it would be the absolute end of the Xbox brand. So I can guarantee that it will not.

On second thought I guess so, PR would be unfixable at that stage and it really would be Xbox Done. And MS probably wouldn't want to deal with with the inevitable attempted lawsuits.
---
No Text
#16DeadLock25Posted 8/26/2013 8:03:50 PM
Yeah TC, include this in your article too for the idiots screaming "DRM coming back confirmed" like they did with the last time this was posted.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/360400259437961222

And like someone above said, use the original article. His whole sentence literally says "if you want digital, stick with it, because those benefits will be coming" not the misinterpreted bit of sentence that the article uses.
---
GT: DeadLock25
#17BelberithPosted 8/26/2013 8:06:39 PM
DeadLock25 posted...
Yeah TC, include this in your article too for the idiots screaming "DRM coming back confirmed" like they did with the last time this was posted.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/360400259437961222

And like someone above said, use the original article. His whole sentence literally says "if you want digital, stick with it, because those benefits will be coming" not the misinterpreted bit of sentence that the article uses.

So wait, if you buy a digital game you have to connect online to use said digital game?
#18ImThe8thWonderPosted 8/26/2013 8:07:26 PM
I like how none of that really explains why they had to use daily check-ins.
#19L96A1BOSSPosted 8/26/2013 8:16:03 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Izec posted...

LMAO This SunDevil77 character is something els he offer you a 100% money back guarantee he's the top chef at M$ lol.
#20Orange_ApplesPosted 8/26/2013 8:21:48 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
I like how none of that really explains why they had to use daily check-ins.

Do you see a future that is purely digital?

Well I'm a big Steam fan; you talk about your phone, your tablet, those are all digital ecosystems it's not like, as consumers, digital ecosystems are foreign to us. But we heard from consumers that they wanted us to also support a physical system as well. So our plan was to continue to grab a lot of the advantages of a digital system while adding in physical. Now, there are some differences that you need to understand: in a digital world, we know which games are yours as you purchase them online, the license is associated with your account and that gives us unique capabilities in terms of what we can do with that content. When the DRM is on the disc, we don't know that you own that disc and so the capabilities are different. If you're a digital customer and you're comfortable with that, you should invest in being a digital customer on Xbox One, because those advantages will be coming, some at launch and some later. But we're giving you a choice. It's like movies: I happen to be more of a digital customer, through Netflix and pay-per-view, but you can still go and buy Blu-rays and DVDs.

That's pretty much it. With the 24-hour check and the trade in at participating retailers they would know if you owned your games, so all of those features that are now to be digital only could have been available for every game you bought.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.