"Microsoft wants to create the digital ecosystem that was announced at launch"

#71Chao_YunPosted 8/27/2013 7:33:08 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
@Hypno

I don't know how much Sony paid for your services but with that quality of idiocy, all your doing is making Ponies look bad. Sony should get their money back.

Its hilarious that you even stated why MS wouldn't do it but you say they are going to do it anyways.

Oh, so you care to rebut anything I said? Please proceed.....
---
Forest trees are greener.
#72DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/27/2013 7:42:53 AM
Chao_Yun posted...
@Hypno

I don't know how much Sony paid for your services but with that quality of idiocy, all your doing is making Ponies look bad. Sony should get their money back.

Its hilarious that you even stated why MS wouldn't do it but you say they are going to do it anyways.

Oh, so you care to rebut anything I said? Please proceed.....

Why do I need to rebut anything you said? All you said is "Ur stupid if you think MS does things not for themselves but for gamers!"

In which I replied, "I already stated this and you are the only idiot here who thinks any company doesn't do this or think this is news to anyone but yourself".
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#73Hucast9Posted 8/27/2013 7:44:25 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Hucast9 posted...
To all of you who think that Microsoft would reimpliment their drm restrictions and on-line authentication for physical games at a later date, I want to ask you this question: Would a doctor put a cancer back inside you after they have removed it?

So you are saying MS spent 3 years knowingly developing a cancer and actively promoted it?

This analogy makes absolutely no sense, lol.

MS was FULLY on board before reversal. This doctor was "fully on board with putting cancer inside of you".

Surely he wouldn't do it again!

A doctor can infect you with tuberculosis in order to treat bladder cancer. Would that doctor infect you with it again after the treatment is finished? How do you like that one if you want to be so technichal? Feeling so smart now?
#74Chao_YunPosted 8/27/2013 7:48:15 AM
Hucast9 posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Hucast9 posted...
To all of you who think that Microsoft would reimpliment their drm restrictions and on-line authentication for physical games at a later date, I want to ask you this question: Would a doctor put a cancer back inside you after they have removed it?

So you are saying MS spent 3 years knowingly developing a cancer and actively promoted it?

This analogy makes absolutely no sense, lol.

MS was FULLY on board before reversal. This doctor was "fully on board with putting cancer inside of you".

Surely he wouldn't do it again!

A doctor can infect you with tuberculosis in order to treat bladder cancer. Would that doctor infect you with it again after the treatment is finished? How do you like that one if you want to be so technichal? Feeling so smart now?

Have you ever had cancer? Most of my family has died from it, so if you have any words of wisdom, spill it.
---
#75DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/27/2013 7:59:44 AM(edited)
@Chao_Yun

I'll address your other points if you'd like but they are pretty meaningless.

Your failure rate numbers are completely wrong. The Xbox 360 had like a 80% failure rate and the PS2 had like a 50% failure rate for LAUNCH models. Its their later models that skewed this number down.

Neither of those failure rates are acceptable (I've had 3 broken 360s and 3 broken PS2s).

But even if PS2 failure rates were at 20% while MS was at 80% I would still go with MS because they will keep replacing my console until the new models are out and I can even intentionally kill my console before my warranty is up to get a new one.

Sony didn't get sued because they had a 10% failure rate. In fact, PS2 failure rates were near 100% because its the issue of the laser. Yes all lasers die eventually but PS2 ones wear out fast. If you play a crapload of games with CGI or watch a ton of movies, it was sure to die. I use to know the owners of at least 3 Chinese game shops (and I often shipped some PS2s for them). The store owners themselves have all killed every single early PS2 because it constantly being demoed and used to watch movies at the store. They often last less than a year before a laser has to be replaced. Thankfully its not expensive for them.

As for Cell, you are so brainwashed... The Cell was absolute garbage for its cost. Sony could have spent less money to get a better CPU if they weren't pushing the Cell. Not only would the CPU have been better, it would have been much easier to develop for. The differences are miniscule at best by the end of the 7th generation. In fact, the smart thing to have done would have been to just get the Xbox CPU or an off the shelf one and then add a stronger GPU.

But instead they screwed developers because no one wanted to develop for Cell and this way people would HAVE to get use to it.

They tried to shovel TWO overpriced pieces of home made hardware to advertise their own format and their worthless CPUs.

As for Sony fans saying no to DRM, so did MS fans, whats your point? Any company can change their system, including Sony. That you think Sony didn't do it because of the fans is hilarious. Sony didn't do it even though they've been planning too because of the negative response. If MS had a positive response, they would do it too... Thats just business. You are so naive to think that Sony does things for fans even though they force a crapload of things gamers don't want while MS is just "Greedy" when they actually don't force anything.

Have you ever had cancer? Most of my family has died from it, so if you have any words of wisdom, spill it.

1)No one cares
2)This is not an argument
3)Exploiting your family to make an argument is just sad. I hope Sony is paying you really well to be this stupid.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#76Chao_YunPosted 8/27/2013 8:01:52 AM
@Chao_Yun

I'll address your other points if you'd like but they are pretty meaningless.

Your failure rate numbers are completely wrong. The Xbox 360 had like a 80% failure rate and the PS2 had like a 50% failure rate for LAUNCH models. Its their later models that skewed this number down.

Neither of those failure rates are acceptable (I've had 3 broken 360s and 3 broken PS2s).

But even if PS2 failure rates were at 20% while MS was at 80% I would still go with MS because they will keep replacing my console until the new models are out and I can even intentionally kill my console before my warranty is up to get a new one.

Sony didn't get sued because they had a 10% failure rate. In fact, PS2 failure rates were near 100% because its the issue of the laser. Yes all lasers die eventually but PS2 ones wear out fast. If you play a crapload of games with CGI or watch a ton of movies, it was sure to die. I use to know the owners of at least 3 Chinese game shops (and I often shipped some PS2s for them). The store owners themselves have all killed every single early PS2 because it constantly being demoed and used to watch movies at the store. They often last less than a year before a laser has to be replaced. Thankfully its not expensive for them.

As for Cell, you are so brainwashed... The Cell was absolute garbage for its cost. Sony could have spent less money to get a better CPU if they weren't pushing the Cell. Not only would the CPU have been better, it would have been much easier to develop for. The differences are miniscule at best by the end of the 7th generation. In fact, the smart thing to have done would have been to just get the Xbox CPU or an off the shelf one and then add a stronger GPU.

But instead they screwed developers because no one wanted to develop for Cell and this way people would HAVE to get use to it.

They tried to shovel TWO overpriced pieces of home made hardware to advertise their own format and their worthless CPUs.

As for Sony fans saying no to DRM, so did MS fans, whats your point? Any company can change their system, including Sony. That you think Sony didn't do it because of the fans is hilarious. Sony didn't do it even though they've been planning too because of the negative response. If MS had a positive response, they would do it too... Thats just business. You are so naive to think that Sony does things for fans even though they force a crapload of things gamers don't want while MS is just "Greedy" when they actually don't force anything.

1)No one cares
2)This is not an argument
3)Exploiting your family to make an argument is just sad. I hope Sony is paying you really well to be this stupid.

Any reasonable reply I would make would get modded. You have stated your own case, thank you. Fare thee well.
---
#77MrSpaM111Posted 8/27/2013 8:05:51 AM
Day 2 DRM patch incoming!
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#78Chao_YunPosted 8/27/2013 8:10:27 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#79ImThe8thWonderPosted 8/27/2013 8:12:11 AM
95_Eclipse posted...
ITT: Sony Ponies are freaking out because they are afraid MS will implement the benefits of their original plan without the removal of digital.

Damn man, if you're going to make a long post, don't lead off with something that destroys your credibility and makes reading your post pointless. Save that for the end so you can trick people into taking you seriously, so that you don't waste your time typing a bunch of stuff that most people are gonna skip once they read this quoted bit.

Don't worry about monkey. He's so in to this console war drama that he actively insults people on a regular basis like an internet tough-guy. Poor thing.
#80DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/27/2013 8:33:47 AM
Oh look, 8thwonder! Sorry but insulting people is great fun and has nothing to do with the argument. And lol at you pretending to be above it!!!

@Chao_Yun

Don't want people talking about your family? Don't post PERSONAL BAGGAGE HERE, especially as part of a GAMING DISCUSSION. If anyone disrespected them it was you. We are not obligated to care. Next time I talk about racing games, maybe I should talk about my friends car accident and use that as an argument to make people feel bad about discussing collision issues.
---