Switching games

#1ndavis_28Posted 8/26/2013 8:11:16 PM
Do you have to buy a game digitally to be able to switch on the fly? The biggest problem I have with current gen games is that whatever is already in the system is the one I usually end up playing. Then after I get bored I move to the next game and the cycle repeats. I think I'll switch back and forth if I don't have to take a disc in and out. I have a bad feeling I know what the answer is but I want to be able to buy a physical copy and install to the system and switch games in a couple seconds. Any confirmation on how this will work? Thanks in advance
---
Topic: Who are you going to pick in street fighter?
checkah: chun li, because she is sexy and looks like my mother GT: ndavis028
#2capnhowdy18Posted 8/26/2013 8:15:05 PM
You need to by digital to do instant switching between games now. Physical games require the disc to be in the drive now.
#3Orange_ApplesPosted 8/26/2013 8:15:06 PM
buying digital will allow the instant switching function. If you buy physical you install the game to the hard drive, but putting the disk in the drive is required to play it.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#4RollnThunder213Posted 8/26/2013 8:16:36 PM
Only will work with digital copies.

Originally you would have been able to do it with just installing the physical disc and never using it. Of course you also had family sharing but instead you had to be online once every 24 hours and there were a few restrictions on reselling your games.

I can guarantee that physical won't change in the future this gen. However digital definitely is where the changes come into play.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#5ndavis_28(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 8:21:31 PM
Thanks guys. I thought that was probably how it worked after they changed the always online. Going to be a tough decision as I want to be able to switch whenever I want and take advantage of the system but I love having the boxes and discs so that I can actually see my collection.
---
Topic: Who are you going to pick in street fighter?
checkah: chun li, because she is sexy and looks like my mother GT: ndavis028