who here bought both the ps3 and 360? are you going to do the same?

#1jonathanlachapePosted 8/27/2013 5:46:41 AM
I always bought all games console because of the exclusives, most of the time I buy one console and buy the rest when there's a large price drop. For this gen I choosed the PS4 because it was cheaper and I intended to buy the xbone later one.

Now I don't have much time to play because of works and kids and I love racing game. I was a fan of gran turismo until gt5 and then switch to forza 3 and 4.

I really really want to play forza 5 so I'm wondering if I should just buy both console at launch.

I just can't justify the 100 $ more for the xbone.

What do you think?
#2Special-EddPosted 8/27/2013 5:52:40 AM
I bought the xbox 360 a few months after it launched. I was perfectly content with it but a few years after the PS3 came out I did pretty well in Las Vegas and used some of my winnings to buy a PS3. I used my PS3 mainly for the exclusives but I am glad that I got to play them.

This time around I am a bit more financially stable and can afford both systems at launch. I am a bit more excited about the XB1 but some of the PS4 exclusives will keep me happy with the system for a good while. If developers like Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, and Santa Monica keep up their great work I'll keep supporting them on the PS4.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#3rusty12000Posted 8/27/2013 5:54:15 AM
I bought a 360 first day, never owned a PS3. If something huge doesn't happen in the next few months then i am getting a PS4 (hopefully first day)
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#4LapanuiPosted 8/27/2013 5:54:38 AM
I had a PS3 near launch, stopped played it a few years ago and sold it along with all of the games.

Had a 360 since 2008, this was around the same time I stopped playing my PS3. Bought another PS3 last year, mainly for exclusives and JRPG's.

I'm not getting either at launch. I have quite a few games I would like to play on the 360 and on the PS3. I will probably get an X1 just after Christmas, hoping for some sales.

Will buy a PS4 sometime down the road.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#5x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 8/27/2013 5:57:42 AM
I'm getting both at launch.

Xbox One
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty Ghosts
Forza 5
Watch Dogs

PS4
Drive Club
Killzone
Infamous (Launch Window title I believe)
#6BryanPS360Posted 8/27/2013 5:59:27 AM
I have both PS3 and 360 and I intend to have both a PS4 and X1 eventually.
---
XBGT:ABN THUG 210 PSN: ABNTHUG210
#7yazman666Posted 8/27/2013 6:02:49 AM(edited)
Just as this generation...if you call yourself a TRUE GAMER and want to experience the best games in each platform you have to get both.....exactly what ill do. I will not be getting the consoles this year though..still a lot of great stuff to play on ps3/360...(dark souls II, GTA V, TLOU) to mention some.

Now if you cant get over your fanboysm ...thats another thing.
---
Death is hereditary.
Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.
#8Special-EddPosted 8/27/2013 6:01:20 AM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...

Infamous (Launch Window title I believe)

I REALLY hope so. Infamous 1 and 2 were very good but SS looks awesome.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#9NewbiusPosted 8/27/2013 6:03:04 AM
I had the 360 within the first year and I enjoyed it. And when I got my PS3 about 2 or 3 years later(it was when the fat models were about to discontinue), I enjoyed that as well, but maybe more then the 360.

Will I be getting both? Chances are the answer is no. I'll be sticking with Sony and Nintendo. I might not get the Xbox One because there are barely any exclusives that interest me besides Halo. Plus $500 is a very steep price and it comes with the Kinect that I really don't want.
#10NPG316Posted 8/27/2013 6:05:24 AM
I bought my 360 a few months after launch and a PS3 later (2010~ish). I'll probably do something similar this time around, with the X1 first, mostly because I'll have more friends playing online with X1 and Live vs PS4.

I like most of Sony's single player action/adventure/platformer exclusives, but I generally haven't been a big fan of the online multiplayer in those, so I can always catch up on those later in the console lifetime.