who here bought both the ps3 and 360? are you going to do the same?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. who here bought both the ps3 and 360? are you going to do the same?
2 years ago#1
I always bought all games console because of the exclusives, most of the time I buy one console and buy the rest when there's a large price drop. For this gen I choosed the PS4 because it was cheaper and I intended to buy the xbone later one.

Now I don't have much time to play because of works and kids and I love racing game. I was a fan of gran turismo until gt5 and then switch to forza 3 and 4.

I really really want to play forza 5 so I'm wondering if I should just buy both console at launch.

I just can't justify the 100 $ more for the xbone.

What do you think?
2 years ago#2
I bought the xbox 360 a few months after it launched. I was perfectly content with it but a few years after the PS3 came out I did pretty well in Las Vegas and used some of my winnings to buy a PS3. I used my PS3 mainly for the exclusives but I am glad that I got to play them.

This time around I am a bit more financially stable and can afford both systems at launch. I am a bit more excited about the XB1 but some of the PS4 exclusives will keep me happy with the system for a good while. If developers like Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, and Santa Monica keep up their great work I'll keep supporting them on the PS4.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
2 years ago#3
I bought a 360 first day, never owned a PS3. If something huge doesn't happen in the next few months then i am getting a PS4 (hopefully first day)
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
2 years ago#4
I had a PS3 near launch, stopped played it a few years ago and sold it along with all of the games.

Had a 360 since 2008, this was around the same time I stopped playing my PS3. Bought another PS3 last year, mainly for exclusives and JRPG's.

I'm not getting either at launch. I have quite a few games I would like to play on the 360 and on the PS3. I will probably get an X1 just after Christmas, hoping for some sales.

Will buy a PS4 sometime down the road.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
2 years ago#5
I'm getting both at launch.

Xbox One
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty Ghosts
Forza 5
Watch Dogs

PS4
Drive Club
Killzone
Infamous (Launch Window title I believe)
2 years ago#6
I have both PS3 and 360 and I intend to have both a PS4 and X1 eventually.
---
XBGT:ABN THUG 210 PSN: ABNTHUG210
2 years ago#7
Just as this generation...if you call yourself a TRUE GAMER and want to experience the best games in each platform you have to get both.....exactly what ill do. I will not be getting the consoles this year though..still a lot of great stuff to play on ps3/360...(dark souls II, GTA V, TLOU) to mention some.

Now if you cant get over your fanboysm ...thats another thing.
---
Death is hereditary.
Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.
2 years ago#8
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...

Infamous (Launch Window title I believe)

I REALLY hope so. Infamous 1 and 2 were very good but SS looks awesome.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
2 years ago#9
I had the 360 within the first year and I enjoyed it. And when I got my PS3 about 2 or 3 years later(it was when the fat models were about to discontinue), I enjoyed that as well, but maybe more then the 360.

Will I be getting both? Chances are the answer is no. I'll be sticking with Sony and Nintendo. I might not get the Xbox One because there are barely any exclusives that interest me besides Halo. Plus $500 is a very steep price and it comes with the Kinect that I really don't want.
2 years ago#10
I bought my 360 a few months after launch and a PS3 later (2010~ish). I'll probably do something similar this time around, with the X1 first, mostly because I'll have more friends playing online with X1 and Live vs PS4.

I like most of Sony's single player action/adventure/platformer exclusives, but I generally haven't been a big fan of the online multiplayer in those, so I can always catch up on those later in the console lifetime.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. who here bought both the ps3 and 360? are you going to do the same?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived