who here bought both the ps3 and 360? are you going to do the same?

#11axelfooley2k5Posted 8/27/2013 6:09:25 AM(edited)
bought ps3 first

then 360.....then 360 slim

liked the 360 better overall
bought 60% of games for 360

ps3 for exclusives and non shooters

i just dont see a xbone purchase until kinect is gone and price is dropped
and a boatload of exclusives i cant play on ps4

---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#12LatchKeyKidPosted 8/27/2013 6:11:02 AM
I've always bought pretty much everything since the 16 bit era (skipped the 3do, cdi, and jaguar) so I see no reason I won't eventually have both consoles. Although I'll be waiting post launch this time around, there's nothing I really want for them right away and I've got other expenses, 1000 bucks on videogames will have to wait for now unfortunately.
---
FFXI Lakshmi Server: Walsh
#13dengeistPosted 8/27/2013 6:11:14 AM
I have both. I'm leaning towards the X1, because of the games. This forum is another reason and all the hate its getting. Why the X1?

100 bucks equals one game. There's only two games I want: battlefield 4 and dead rising 3 on launch. Not sure about COD yet, but I'd rather play it on dedicated servers than p2p. Later on I want titanfall, X1 wins.

I don't like ps3s ui, all the updates, the fact that it got hacked twice. I'm sure ps4 will be better, but at the end of the day the 360 gave me a better all around gaming experience.

I also don't like the controller for the ps3. I have big hands and I like the 360 controller better, it feels like a mans controller.

I don't mind kinect. I've said this before, my girlfriend loves to entertain. I think the kinect and some party games would be a great addition to our home. Playing some party games after you had a few is a blast!

Will I probably end up getting ps4 in the future, probably. Most of my friends are getting ps4 and it will be fun playing with them again online. But I have plenty of online friends from 360 to play with at this point. This isn't a "me too" thing for me.

I'm one of the people that remembers that the ps3 was supposed to be better this generation and...it wasn't. I see that happening again.
#14jonathanlachape(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 8:36:03 AM
I wished we could get the xbone at the same price has the ps4, it would be easier to justified the pirchase.
#15Nice_RobbyPosted 8/27/2013 8:37:15 AM
Yes and I will.
---
Xbox Live Sn: Nice Robby
PSN Sn: Nice_Robby
#16Masterchief5525Posted 8/27/2013 8:39:34 AM
X1 at launch and the PS4 sometime next year maybe around June/July.
#17xninjagrrlPosted 8/27/2013 8:45:37 AM
yazman666 posted...
Just as this generation...if you call yourself a TRUE GAMER and want to experience the best games in each platform you have to get both.....exactly what ill do. I will not be getting the consoles this year though..still a lot of great stuff to play on ps3/360...(dark souls II, GTA V, TLOU) to mention some.

Now if you cant get over your fanboysm ...thats another thing.

Don't true gamers game on PC?
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#18FaytalChaosPosted 8/27/2013 8:53:52 AM
specialed1583 posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...

Infamous (Launch Window title I believe)

I REALLY hope so. Infamous 1 and 2 were very good but SS looks awesome.

just an fyi the "launch window" extends all the way out to March 2014
#19TheOmacronPosted 8/27/2013 8:58:50 AM
I bought the 360 within 6 months of launch and got a PS3 about a year after that. The 360 was my main console and the PS3 was used just for its exclusivise. This time around I'll be getting a PS4 at launch and intend to make it my main console. I'll probaby get an Xbox One later after a couple of price drops and an exclusive game or two that I want to play comes out for it.

One thing that could really hurt MS from my point of view is if the exclusive games that I want to play for the XB1 are all locked behind requiring a Gold plan since I doubt I'll be getting it. If it turns out that all the reasons I'd want an XB1 are locked behind a paywall then I probably wouldn't pick up an XB1 for many years, if ever.
#20maheo30Posted 8/27/2013 9:01:32 AM
I'll just be buying the X1. I've never had any luck with playstation consoles or Sony products in general. Every one I've had has given me nothing but trouble. That is why I didn't buy the PS3 and I won't be buying the PS4 either. Plus, I buy consoles for the games and Sony just doesn't have any exclusives that interest me.
---
The world should realize with increased clearness that Evangelicalism stands or falls with Calvinism. (Dr. B.B. Warfield)