Microsoft Giving Day One Bonuses For Three Exclusive Xbox One Games

#11ViryuPosted 8/27/2013 9:55:21 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Viryu posted...
WestSdeNleVrus posted...
Free day 1 DLC on console exclusives....kind of sounds like it should have been on the disc...

Originally it was, but it was cut out since they needed that extra incentive to buy all of them.

I know right that's why Killzone:SA will have free DLC for it because it was suppose to be on the disc but they had to portray it as free DLC as a major incentive for people to buy it since BF4 COD: Ghost will be selling like hot cakes. I totally get what you guys are saying man.

Pretty much, yeah. Such a practice was around for some time now, and there was a huge uproar not long ago about day 1 DLC, when someone noticed nothing was download except a key to unlock the content which already was on the disc. I don't remember the name of the game now though, but ever since it was used couple times, and sadly became something normal. I miss the times of no online games on consoles when they had to include the whole bugless package from the start.
#12regsantotomasPosted 8/27/2013 2:27:15 PM
Cool. Works out for me
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#13muffinmasherPosted 8/27/2013 2:32:05 PM
WestSdeNleVrus posted...
Free day 1 DLC on console exclusives....kind of sounds like it should have been on the disc...

This. I hate pre-order bonuses and other crap that they leave out just to twist your arm into buying a certain time or price.
---
3DS FC: 0173-1320-7190
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.