xbox out before ps4.. means xbox wins next gen by a long shot

#11OZ_ArchangelPosted 8/27/2013 4:00:44 PM
pigman2003 posted...
SharkbiteR6 posted...
Just like when the 360 came out a year ahead of the ps3 and had a better launch and was cheaper, but then both systems ended up selling almost the same amount....right....

The same amount worldwide, if we're talking America and Europe then the Xbox 360 killed the PS3.

Only because of the faulty xbox that people had to buy 2nd, 3rd or 4th units. The numbers are inflated please dude
---
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great
#12Masterchief5525Posted 8/27/2013 4:04:32 PM
I hope this is a troll topic otherwise if you really think that's true then its sad. I love Xbox but definitely would not go as far to say that, MS would have to make big efforts to win over other territories from Sony.
#13supermoc10Posted 8/27/2013 4:09:22 PM
Anyone that thinks that launching a week before is a f***ing idiot. Why? Because NO ONE will have consoles before Black Friday, except for the people who already pre-ordered. If one of these systems was launching in October, things would be different but as of now, November 8 is in no way, shape or form an advantage.

Also...

labounti posted...
pigman2003 posted...
SharkbiteR6 posted...
Just like when the 360 came out a year ahead of the ps3 and had a better launch and was cheaper, but then both systems ended up selling almost the same amount....right....

The same amount worldwide, if we're talking America and Europe then the Xbox 360 killed the PS3.

Ha....

---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#14Kamikaze_KennyPosted 8/31/2013 1:52:55 PM
The main reason why the PS3 had a bad start in Europe was because Sony completely shafted us. Delayed more (360 released at the end of 2005, PS3 was delayed until 2007), high price tag ($600? Try 425 you cheap sods! At the time the exchange rate really stung us) and reduced, and then no, backwards compatability (we only had 60gbs at launch which featured heavily reduced PS2 BC, and then they were discontinued 6 months later with the 40gbs with no PS2 BC - all later models had no PS2 BC, even our 80gbs).

The 360 made a killing early on by comparison as it launched earlier, was seemingly cheaper and Microsoft didn't turn around and defecate on us every few seconds.

Overall though, the PS3 has caught up and is probably either level with, or outselling, the 360. In terms of some software, Sony has shown that it is willing to listen and put out more exclusives that are innovative, whereas the 360 is now seemingly more repetitive and going after third party stuff only.

As for the XBone vs PS4 - if Microsoft didn't backtrack on so many of their policies that they announced I think they'd have an incredibly rough time. Now I'm not so sure. I still think the PS4 is going to outsell it - I don't think anyone's too bothered about Kinect and the XBone's TV integration - but Microsoft may have a better time than they would have done (whilst not a total flop, probably somewhere around Saturn - Dreamcast levels of being outsold, though I do love my Saturn and Dreamcast).

And this is me as someone who hated Sony for "killing" Sega, and jumped ship from Sega for Nintendo and Microsoft. The slight difference in release between XBone and PS4 will mean nothing in the long term, and probably very little in the short term.
#15JAlME_LANNISTERPosted 8/31/2013 2:25:48 PM
Mr Cheese speaks the truth!
#1695_EclipsePosted 9/2/2013 3:34:43 PM
Hahaha, good one TC. Great joke topic.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#17ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/2/2013 3:36:24 PM
Oh look, another troll topic. There's no way someone could be that irrational and blind.
#18MrImpatient35Posted 9/2/2013 3:38:35 PM
pigman2003 posted...
SharkbiteR6 posted...

lol funny. Is that a burn? (that 70s show)
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#19Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 9/2/2013 3:48:56 PM
I'll just put this right here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#20LoneWolf4545Posted 9/2/2013 3:51:27 PM
I don't see why it matters which one comes out first see as the large majority(if not almost all of them) of each system are already sold from preorders.