xbox out before ps4.. means xbox wins next gen by a long shot

#31gameboybrycePosted 9/2/2013 11:52:16 PM
Uhhh, can someone clue me in on this imaginary release date because if the Peter Moore, COO at EA, doesn't know the release date I doubt some poster on gamefaqs does.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/09/02/microsoft-owes-us-an-xbox-one-release-date-snarls-ea/
---
This board has become a haven for Sony trolls, you have no idea what it is like going to sleep each night punching your pillow furiously.~TrashBoat
LMAO
#32cmincPosted 9/3/2013 12:06:32 AM
No, actually, all of you are wrong : ) Consumer appeal is important, but not nearly as much as you think, beforehand. As much as I personally hate to say it, Xbox didn't lose anything with it's BS policies. They helped sony come off great, but generations are "won" during the droughts and I suspect that both xb1's and ps4's are going to hit at about the same time: shortly after christmas. They'll pick up briefly in march when their next batches of exclusives show up to make a brief push and from there it's anybody's guess, pretty much, until the coming November.

Regardless, console generation races are marathons, not sprints. It's just as possible that PS4 will win the first two years and everyone will get tired of them and buy XB1's out of boredom, for what amounts to be no good reason. Like it or not, that's, more or less, exactly what happened this gen a couple different times.

I personally don't think MS is going to come out of this generation intact and I'm honestly hoping they don't, but that doesn't really mean anything outside of the fact that their BS has no place in my personal entertainment space. I'm happy they hit the brakes on what they wanted to do, but I know they're into maxmimizing their profits in anyway that they can, and while that's totally fine, I just rather support companies that are okay with releasing a quality product and then letting me do whatever I want with it after I pay the purchase price.
---
---
#33Pixx0Posted 9/3/2013 3:37:44 AM
pigman2003 posted...
SharkbiteR6 posted...
Just like when the 360 came out a year ahead of the ps3 and had a better launch and was cheaper, but then both systems ended up selling almost the same amount....right....

The same amount worldwide, if we're talking America and Europe then the Xbox 360 killed the PS3.

Fortunately, you're no financial analyst and those who are, don't limit their view to this. PS3 passed the 360 long ago, worldwide.

#Dealwithit
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#34zado19Posted 9/3/2013 5:00:52 AM
labounti posted...
pigman2003 posted...
SharkbiteR6 posted...
Just like when the 360 came out a year ahead of the ps3 and had a better launch and was cheaper, but then both systems ended up selling almost the same amount....right....

The same amount worldwide, if we're talking America and Europe then the Xbox 360 killed the PS3.

Ha....

well thats not really fair bc xbox one is only coming out in the us and maybe canada
---
A new Mewtwo form knows no forum. This should be in the Vita forum. That's how important it is. - ADHDguitar
#35squirk_101Posted 9/3/2013 7:04:36 AM
WindMouseHanpan posted...
Xbone will still be unusable for people without internet access and in countries Microsoft won't support due to the day-1 patch.

I can admit that the Xbone is going to sell SOME. There are plenty of die hards and people who don't give a **** what Microsoft does to them who will still buy it. But, the PS4 is still going to win by a landside.

I'm just stating the truth. Sure, loyal fans will still buy it, but Microsoft lost a /LOT/ of fans from their stunt and they aren't being very successful in getting them back. Lump in all the people who CAN'T use the system, and there you go. PS4 on the other hand? It got off to a strong start, won people over from the beginning, AND you'll be able to play it no matter where you live or what kind of connection you have.

Believe what you will, but PS4 will win next gen. Those who've seen me around here may think I'm a PS4 fanboy. I'm not, actually. I'm not a "fanboy" of anything. I just support what system holds my interest.

Yep. With what M$ tried I'm over them. PS4 all day!!

Not a fanboy either. I've had ps1, ps2,Xbox, Xbox 360, ps3, and Wii. But Sony wins this time. I will say I may one day get an xbone. If they make a great bundle with a killer exclusive in a couple years. But until then. Sony
---
"Metal Up Your ***!"
#36matt-nicklinPosted 9/3/2013 8:08:45 AM
That's just not going to open.
---
Black FC 2924 3613 2338
#37ish0turfac3Posted 9/3/2013 8:24:47 AM
An obvious troll and you dummies took the bait.
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3 - Steam ID: ish0turfac3
Playstation ID: ueffingsrs (Feel free to add me on either of these)
#38TeleriumPosted 9/5/2013 11:25:36 PM
PS4 releases November 15
X1 releases November 22

X1 comes out a week earlier.......?

is ^^^ just North America?
#39CoolAsianDudePosted 9/5/2013 11:35:52 PM
Telerium posted...
PS4 releases November 15
X1 releases November 22

X1 comes out a week earlier.......?

is ^^^ just North America?

comes out "supposedly" a week earlier in europe.
---
I ask a lot of questions. Just to let 'ya know.
#40Spetsnaz420Posted 9/6/2013 5:51:48 AM
I can't figure out why they don't release in NA first...its really odd to release in theor foriegn demograph 2 weeks before their home turf...
---
I don't conform to social convention