Do you think Microsoft changed the gaming industry for the better?

#1HungoverHero777Posted 8/27/2013 4:43:43 PM
????? - Results (1164 votes)
Yes, very.
10.14% (118 votes)
Yes, just enough to make some kind of impact.
14.95% (174 votes)
No.
74.91% (872 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Tbh, the only good thing that came out of them was the (then revolutionary for consoles) online play. Other than that, they really did nothing to add to the industry, oh, except being a contributing factor to what I like to call the "Shooter Purge" last gen.

IMO, of course.
---
"I'd rather die tomorrow as myself, than live forever as someone else." - Blues, DLN: 000
Have a Wii U, getting a PS4.
#2CasualGamersPosted 8/27/2013 4:49:08 PM
No.
#3teehee23Posted 8/27/2013 5:03:50 PM(edited)
Absolutely.
Microsoft is the heart and soul of the gaming industry.
They revolutionized online console gaming, brought the indie development community out of the shadows, and became the quality leader for 1st party titles.

Microsoft did for gaming what Industrial Light & Magic did for the film industry.

---
And the voice of an Angel spoke to me, that I was created righteous. And all that oppose me shall bring suffering upon themselves. Amen.
#4HungoverHero777(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 4:56:39 PM
teehee23 posted...

teehee post guys, should I disregard?
---
"I'd rather die tomorrow as myself, than live forever as someone else." - Blues, DLN: 000
#5CasualGamersPosted 8/27/2013 4:56:40 PM
teehee23 posted...
Absolutely.
Microsoft is the heart and soul of the the gaming industry.
They revolutionized online console gaming, brought the indie development community out of the shadows, and became the quality leader for 1st party titles.

Microsoft did for gaming what Industrial Light & Magic did for the film industry.

Microsoft is the heart and soul of the the gaming industry.

Why hello teehee.

I don't like their first party games, but I like their third party support. I personally think another company has contributed more to the gaming industry and have stronger first party ips.

So I respectfully disagree.
#6teehee23Posted 8/27/2013 5:04:34 PM(edited)
CasualGamers posted...
teehee23 posted...
Absolutely.

Why hello teehee.

I don't like their first party games, but I like their third party support. I personally think another company has contributed more to the gaming industry and have stronger first party ips.

So I respectfully disagree.

I'm an American and believe in freedom.
You liking what you like is the only way it should be.
---
And the voice of an Angel spoke to me, that I was created righteous. And all that oppose me shall bring suffering upon themselves. Amen.
#7Mr_arizonaPosted 8/27/2013 5:13:29 PM
Yes they have. Why you ask? Cause competition. Everyone harps on the Xbox and everything they tried doing with the One but they do realize Sony wanted to do the same thing but knew people weren't going to be happy about it so they decided against it.

If Microsoft was removed then Sony would have a strangle hold on the console market as far as hardcore gaming is concerned and would have a tight grip on their console polices knowing you have no direct competition to run to.

So Microsoft creates competition which is good for the consumer so YES they have changed the gaming industry for the better.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9286/tennisskirtblow.gif
#8chiefofsb78Posted 8/27/2013 5:16:27 PM
MS is anti gaming so NO but killing the gaming industry YES
---
killerinstinctonline
#9HungoverHero777(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 5:27:04 PM
"No" is winning by a pretty large margin. Interesting.
---
#10bessy67Posted 8/27/2013 5:28:38 PM
HungoverHero777 posted...
"No" is winning by a pretty large margin. Interesting.

How so? We already knew about the huge number of trolls and their alternate accounts on this board. Or if they're not trolls then 67% of people don't like online functionality on their consoles...
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67