Bethesda pushing against Xbox Live Gold fee for Elder Scrolls Online. MS says no

#31HalecticPosted 8/27/2013 9:53:00 PM
Big Fan posted...
SoulClank posted...
Aarkshark posted...
zerooo0 posted...
I think they should get rid of that 15 a month subscription fee first.

Also shouldn't they be pushing that for PSN since the PSN players are also going to have to pay to play the game?

Seriously why buy this game when you get get 3 RPGs coming out next year for the price you will be paying for this ONE game a year?

I could have sworn that PS+ was not required for subscription-based MMOs.
People were even saying so last time I was on the PS4 ESO board.

It's not required.

I'm assuming you skipped half the posts in here with quoted articles stating Bethesda is having the same issue with Sony and PS+.

And Sony in a Japanese article stated that F2P and subscription based MMOs dont need PS+
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#32BetrayedTangyPosted 8/27/2013 9:53:24 PM
This irritates me, I really hate how most of the video game industry care only about money, Bethesda wants to save their fans money, but Sony and Microsoft refuse, really? This plus all the DLC crap, console prices, etc. I miss the old days when Rareware spent a fortune adding the N64 expansion pak just to let people play Donkey Kong 64.
---
Neku in Survivor Smash Bros.
#33XxIamKiraXxPosted 8/27/2013 9:58:26 PM
Well then Xbone shouldn't get it.
#34NeoMonkPosted 8/27/2013 9:59:37 PM
Sub games will do just fine, people who want P2W can do that just fine as well.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#35Devil_wings00Posted 8/27/2013 10:14:14 PM
Doing the sub based model in 2013 is kind of just asking for trouble. On the PC you have the juggernaut of WoW with a virtual monopoly on the sub market (even WoW isn't doing quite as brilliantly as it once did in that regard). Very very few people are willing to pay for 2 MMO's subs a month at 15 bucks a pop. Now even less people are willing to pay for one sub a month with all the decent F2P games available these days (yes not all F2P games have awful implementations). So what your vying for is table scraps left over by unhappy WoW players who are not burned out on the entire genre and people who are going to take a lot of convincing to pay for a sub. Not exactly the best market conditions to make money and it's why all the so called WoW "killers" have fizzled out and been forced to go F2P.

Heading to consoles is smart because you don't have to deal with the problems PC MMO's have but console players are even more skeptical and cynical about the sub model then PC players. Now they might have the added tick against them of asking consumers to pay for live and a sub for an MMO? Ya this isn't looking good and they should probably have just built the game with F2P in mind from the beginning.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#36pipitugaPosted 8/27/2013 10:25:29 PM
Aarkshark posted...
zerooo0 posted...

Also shouldn't they be pushing that for PSN since the PSN players are also going to have to pay to play the game?

Seriously why buy this game when you get get 3 RPGs coming out next year for the price you will be paying for this ONE game a year?

I could have sworn that PS+ was not required for subscription-based MMOs.
People were even saying so last time I was on the PS4 ESO board.

You are correct.
People are just ....
As sony said for some games u wont req psn+ and can just play it.
---
The test of tolerance comes when we are in a majority, The test of courage comes when we are in a minority.
PSN: Curapica-San / GT: Curapica
#37Bacca7Posted 8/27/2013 10:31:14 PM
simple solution would seem to be charge a bit more from the get-go for console versions, and then keep the fee for the PC build... imo
#38NSGraphitePosted 8/27/2013 10:57:58 PM
zerooo0 posted...

That's standard for MMO's. World of Warcraft has a monthly subscription fee. Final Fantasy 11 has a monthly subscription fee and Everquest had a monthly subscription fee. Elder Scrolls Online's direct next gen competition, Final Fantasy 14 has a monthly subscription fee ($13 a month) and the new Everquest will also have a monthly subscription fee.

They aren't doing anything out of the ordinary here.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#39Cornbread4lifePosted 8/27/2013 11:36:19 PM
betryedtangerin posted...
This irritates me, I really hate how most of the video game industry care only about money, Bethesda wants to save their fans money, but Sony and Microsoft refuse, really? This plus all the DLC crap, console prices, etc. I miss the old days when Rareware spent a fortune adding the N64 expansion pak just to let people play Donkey Kong 64.

How the hell do you think that Bethesda is the pro-consumer entity here? Bethesda is charging $180 a year on top of the game's cost, while getting Live is $60 a year at most (I've never paid that much, but I hear people can be bad at finding bargains/coupons/offers) and Live gives you access to a hell of a lot more than a single game's online experience. I am definitely not seeing how Bethesda is the one wanting to save fans money. If they were really worried about saving fans money, they could make it $10 a month. Then it's down to $120 a year from $180, negating the $60 for gold and making it a non-issue.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#40SparkItUpPosted 8/27/2013 11:41:31 PM
zmouse posted...
Maybe they should just drop their sub fee now and avoid the embarrassment of having to make it a free to play pay to win game later.

Oh an ps4 requires ps+ for multiplayer, so is there a response from sony?

It's going to be pay to win anyways. There are numerous things you can buy right from the start (levels, weapons, spells, shields, armor, etc)
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...