Bethesda pushing against Xbox Live Gold fee for Elder Scrolls Online. MS says no

#41ViryuPosted 8/28/2013 1:30:43 AM
Bethesda will have more problems on PS4, in the form of competition. FF XIV (subscription), DC Universe (F2P), many of the other F2P games, though those are more of arena than MMO. They won't have much competition like that on One, where it would be the only MMORPG.
#42BetrayedTangyPosted 8/28/2013 4:28:56 AM
Cornbread4life posted...
betryedtangerin posted...
This irritates me, I really hate how most of the video game industry care only about money, Bethesda wants to save their fans money, but Sony and Microsoft refuse, really? This plus all the DLC crap, console prices, etc. I miss the old days when Rareware spent a fortune adding the N64 expansion pak just to let people play Donkey Kong 64.

How the hell do you think that Bethesda is the pro-consumer entity here? Bethesda is charging $180 a year on top of the game's cost, while getting Live is $60 a year at most (I've never paid that much, but I hear people can be bad at finding bargains/coupons/offers) and Live gives you access to a hell of a lot more than a single game's online experience. I am definitely not seeing how Bethesda is the one wanting to save fans money. If they were really worried about saving fans money, they could make it $10 a month. Then it's down to $120 a year from $180, negating the $60 for gold and making it a non-issue.

You do realize that most MMORPGS are around 15 dollars month, so they can improve on the game and keep up mantinence and they're simply trying to save consumers who don't necessarily want all of the Live features,
from paying the extra 60 dollars a year making it 240 a year.
---
Neku in Survivor Smash Bros.
#43spacejamjordanzPosted 8/28/2013 4:48:12 AM
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/27/elder-scrolls-onlines-xbox-live-gold-requirement-being-fought

PS+ Not ruled out either

PS+ won't be required for games that already require a sub fee. FFXIV is being ported to PS4 next year and won't require PS+
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II> Gamertag/PSNID: Roivas2K7
#44Ryan-06Posted 8/28/2013 4:48:33 AM
You like Huey Lewis and the news?!? =D
---
I feel it. Can you feel it? http://youtu.be/nvtJ_XC2bz8
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
#45DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/28/2013 4:56:28 AM
Cornbread4life posted...
This irritates me, I really hate how most of the video game industry care only about money, Bethesda wants to save their fans money, but Sony and Microsoft refuse, really? This plus all the DLC crap, console prices, etc. I miss the old days when Rareware spent a fortune adding the N64 expansion pak just to let people play Donkey Kong 64.

How the hell do you think that Bethesda is the pro-consumer entity here? Bethesda is charging $180 a year on top of the game's cost, while getting Live is $60 a year at most (I've never paid that much, but I hear people can be bad at finding bargains/coupons/offers) and Live gives you access to a hell of a lot more than a single game's online experience. I am definitely not seeing how Bethesda is the one wanting to save fans money. If they were really worried about saving fans money, they could make it $10 a month. Then it's down to $120 a year from $180, negating the $60 for gold and making it a non-issue.

You do realize that most MMORPGS are around 15 dollars month, so they can improve on the game and keep up mantinence and they're simply trying to save consumers who don't necessarily want all of the Live features,
from paying the extra 60 dollars a year making it 240 a year.

So subscription fees are for companies who are not satisfied with how much they make by selling the game once. FFXI sold abysmally and was the most profitable of all FF games because they can keep charging people. Maintenance would probably cost them like closer to $3 a month at most.

You guys do understand why both companies won't budge right? This is going to be a major game since Skyrim sold like 10+ million copies. This is one of the best ways to get more gamers on board for their services. Sony especially needs this because it has so few PS+ subscribers at the moment. They don't care that some F2P games are going to be free since those games are free to begin with so charging again would be silly (just like Xbox and Shadowrun) and those are all games no one cares about, unlike Elder Scrolls.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#46Ryan-06Posted 8/28/2013 5:17:19 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
You guys do understand why both companies won't budge right? This is going to be a major game since Skyrim sold like 10+ million copies.

MMO. Not the same as a real TES or Fallout game. I personally hate MMOs and will not even touch ESO. Just waiting for FO4 and ESVI. Don't be a desperate monkey..
---
#47DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/28/2013 5:32:27 AM
How am I being desperate because I know ES games will sell a crapload and how are you not desperate for using my username and personal preference as an argument?
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#48Ryan-06Posted 8/28/2013 5:35:58 AM(edited)
Well I'm not desperate. I really don't like mmos... Desperate rebuttal there. cheers!
---
#49gambit444Posted 8/28/2013 5:42:17 AM
zmouse posted...
Maybe they should just drop their sub fee now and avoid the embarrassment of having to make it a free to play pay to win game later.

Oh an ps4 requires ps+ for multiplayer, so is there a response from sony?

This. They are ridiculous. $15 a month & they will have microtransactions? why should MS make them an exception to the rule? I
I dont often think this about a game or a series/company i like but they need to learn humility & i want them to fail.
---
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald
#50IzecPosted 8/28/2013 5:43:53 AM
Lol what a greedy company. "We can charge for online, but you really shouldn't." Despite the fact that their fee is way higher than Microsoft's.

They just know that less people will bother with their absurd subscription if they have to deal with XB1's as well.
---
No Text