Bethesda pushing against Xbox Live Gold fee for Elder Scrolls Online. MS says no

#61rusty12000Posted 8/28/2013 8:46:54 AM
Man i hope ES:O gets canceled on XBone. That would be a punch in the guts.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#62Thewinner14Posted 8/28/2013 9:00:10 AM
Bethesda only needs to maintain a few servers capable of hosting an entire MMO world, it can't be THAT much right? It's not like they have to buy new ones, or convert them over from previous games that have come offline. In the latter case, probably needing to upgrade the hardware as well. But that's all cheap and they're just being greedy.
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#63PsychoGatesPosted 8/28/2013 9:01:59 AM
I cant believe people are actually thinking about paying for a monthly fee for this game, have they not learned from WoW, those days have passed, no MMO will last without being F2P
#64StealthyVlad101Posted 8/28/2013 9:09:47 AM
TheMeanRock posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
They didn't make an exception for SquareEnix when they released Final Fantasy 11 for the X360. Gamers who played it payed both Microsoft and SE for access to that. Not sure why Bethesda would think it would be any different.

Not true, unless they changed it You could play FFXI without gold.

Yep, and PSU could also be played with just a silver account.
---
There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky, one sky one wish. GT and PSN: StealthyVlad
#65deadmarvPosted 8/28/2013 9:16:00 AM
mrshowtime333 posted...
Jesus, it does get old every single possible story being posted trying to put MS in a bad light just so you can win your fanboy war.

Bethesda is selling a game at $60 and then charging $15 a month to play it. But yes, MS is the bad guy in this story.

Elder scrolls will be a complete failure as it is now. They will go free to play eventually, why wait?

I agree with you, bethesda's the bad guy here, not microsoft.
#66Ryan-06Posted 8/28/2013 8:10:50 PM
Monkey needs his banana.
---
I feel it. Can you feel it? http://youtu.be/nvtJ_XC2bz8
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
#67thescPosted 8/29/2013 7:08:54 AM
Sounds like a lost cause. They should focus on Fallout 4 and stop wasting time trying to jump onto the MMO bandwagon.
#68Juvart24Posted 8/29/2013 7:17:26 AM(edited)
zmouse posted...
Maybe they should just drop their sub fee now and avoid the embarrassment of having to make it a free to play pay to win game later.

Indeed P2P is all but dead.

B2P is where I would like to see MMO's go.
---
"A true hero turns into a werewolf, kills a village full of idiots, then pimps their women out for profit to buy new armor" - Exar0s
#69MrSpaM111Posted 8/29/2013 7:23:28 AM
zmouse posted...
Maybe they should just drop their sub fee now and avoid the embarrassment of having to make it a free to play pay to win game later.

Oh an ps4 requires ps+ for multiplayer, so is there a response from sony?

Not all multiplayer games require PS+ on the PS4, the only one's confirmed needing it are first party titles. ESO is not a first party Sony title.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#70LithiumDeal26Posted 8/29/2013 7:33:36 AM
Anyone who has a real issue with this is just trying to be a troll. There is no way MS or Sony would waive their respective online service requirements. Why would you want to open up the floodgates for something like this, when the developer themselves are trying to charge their own monthly fee? Absolute ridiculousness probably brought on by Bethesda receiving so much unanimous negative feedback on their sub fee.
---
XBL- LithiumDeal