Why does everyone hate Microsoft?

#51zepfyaPosted 8/28/2013 7:18:25 AM
Because they have no life, they hate Microsoft like it's their wife or gf who cheated on them.
#52MetroidFan9999Posted 8/28/2013 7:23:44 AM
Because MS entered the industry for the very thing they were trying to pawn off pre-reversal. Ever since the beginning they wanted complete control of your television and an entrance from the PC market to television.

For this reason alone, I find it funny that people think MS won't ever attempt to reverse back to pre-reversal policies at some juncture, it has always been their vision from the start.
---
That's just, like...your opinion, man.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#53catzrul2002Posted 8/28/2013 7:25:37 AM
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...
People hate Microsoft because they are a company that tried to do something that people did not like. Problem is, people and consumers grasp onto this hate so tightly that it is impossible for them to let go, therefore they go to the other company. Which is fine, that is their choice.

However, a lot of these consumers probably own a PC with windows on it and are hypocrites to what they spit out. Xbox One is the problem to a lot, not just Microsoft as a whole.

In my opinion it is there loss in the end, because my friends who have given me years of friendship fight with me all the time, but I do not shun them from my life because of mistakes. Stupid comparison? Maybe, but it is how I feel and I am willing to forgive Microsoft considering they will give me many long years of entertainment and happiness.

This.

I love Windows 7 and like my 360 (even though I've gone through 4 RRoDs), but what they tried with the Xbox One just left a massive distaste in my mouth, plus all the flipping around just leaves me even more skeptical (<-- probably spelled wrong). I don't hate MS for it, just whoever made those stupid decisions.
---
Looks like MS is never dropping Kinect, shame, I was actually interested after all the 180s. Fingers crossed for Sony to enable PSN name change!!
#54rusty12000Posted 8/28/2013 7:28:11 AM
They betrayed gamers and were cocky enough to not even hide it, thinking we would all buy it like sheep. Sorry M$ but a lot of us are #Dealingwithit, by getting a PS4.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#55teehee23Posted 8/28/2013 8:03:45 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
teehee23 posted...
Jealousy.
Microsoft's 1st console, Xbox Original, had the greatest games that gen and defeated GCN for 2nd place.
Xbox360 has the greatest exclusives and outsold PS3 and Wii in the U.S. for thirty (30) consecutive months.

How many Xbox 360 exclusives won game of the year awards? And I mean only available on 360, no PC ports.

I'm not stupid enough to care about what other people like or don't like.
Have you actually looked at the people walking around on this planet?
Why would I care what they consider 'good'?
I wouldn't trust 99% of the worlds population for directions to cross a street least of all which video games are so-called 'Game of the Year'.

You can live you life that way but I will never be that pathetic.
---
And the voice of an Angel spoke to me, that I was created righteous. And all that oppose me shall bring suffering upon themselves. Amen.
#56Darth VengerPosted 8/28/2013 10:27:54 AM
teehee23 posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
teehee23 posted...
Jealousy.
Microsoft's 1st console, Xbox Original, had the greatest games that gen and defeated GCN for 2nd place.
Xbox360 has the greatest exclusives and outsold PS3 and Wii in the U.S. for thirty (30) consecutive months.

How many Xbox 360 exclusives won game of the year awards? And I mean only available on 360, no PC ports.

I'm not stupid enough to care about what other people like or don't like.
Have you actually looked at the people walking around on this planet?
Why would I care what they consider 'good'?
I wouldn't trust 99% of the worlds population for directions to cross a street least of all which video games are so-called 'Game of the Year'.

You can live you life that way but I will never be that pathetic.

This guy gets it.
---
This has all happened before and will all happen again.
#57Darth VengerPosted 8/28/2013 10:32:48 AM
I still don't really understand all of the hate for the original XBOX One vision. It seems like people heard "DRM" and just blanked out. Steam requires online to download games. MS said you could resell games (even digital ones) but that tidbit was overlooked. If my internet is down for more than 24 hours, I have bigger problems than not being able to play games. I can understand people that don't have internet at all complaining, but the reactions seemed hysterical. Personally, planning for the future is always better than planning for the now.

The biggest mistake they made was not explaining the benefits of always online / Kinect. I think they expected people to embrace it in the same way Steam has been embraced.
---
This has all happened before and will all happen again.
#58SaintFC_Posted 8/28/2013 10:14:38 PM
Darth Venger posted...
I still don't really understand all of the hate for the original XBOX One vision. It seems like people heard "DRM" and just blanked out. Steam requires online to download games. MS said you could resell games (even digital ones) but that tidbit was overlooked. If my internet is down for more than 24 hours, I have bigger problems than not being able to play games. I can understand people that don't have internet at all complaining, but the reactions seemed hysterical. Personally, planning for the future is always better than planning for the now.

The biggest mistake they made was not explaining the benefits of always online / Kinect. I think they expected people to embrace it in the same way Steam has been embraced.

Please don't compare Steam to Live, they are (and always will be) nothing alike. Steam sells recent, full games for a few pounds/dollars, Live sells five year old games at full price.

They are nothing alike and if you believe Live will become Steam then you don't know MS.
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
I'm the ghost in the machine, I'm the genius in the gene, I'm the beauty in the beast, I'm the sunset in the east .
#59PraetorXynPosted 8/29/2013 4:55:44 AM
Solnot posted...
I realize they've done some really dumb things (XBOX ONE's always-online DRM is the latest thing I can remember), but they do publish lots of great games/series!

Look at:

Alan Wake

I mean honestly...

I just want to point out that Alan Wake was originally a PC game. They made a new one for 360 that was a shadow of its former self, so to anyone who played the original titles the newest one was meh.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#60stalemate_666Posted 8/29/2013 5:09:45 AM
patrick005 posted...
at least Sony cares about money and the consumer.

Do people really believe this? They just ignoring how Sony has also shown that they don't always care about their consumers? If you don't believe that BOTH companies are only trying to come up with the best strategic way to make money, then *shrugs*

Yeah but Sony's strategies are consumer friendly for the most part where MSes strategies try to screw over the consumer at every turn.
---
psn: Stalemate666