Does anyone know how much space the games will take on the Hdd?

#1da_man244Posted 8/27/2013 10:46:52 PM
Has anyone read something? Once the new console comes out I'm thinking of going all digital and just purchase the games on xbox live, but I'm worried that each game will take 35gb+ each and with the console only being 500gb it's going to get full fast. I mean metal gear solid V itself I'm guessing it's going to be at least 70gb. I'm just wondering though if anyone heard something. Thanks in advance.
#2FoppePosted 8/27/2013 10:49:31 PM
PC games runs on better hardware and look much better than console games, and they are still being distributed on DVD's.
And MGS5 being 70GB means that it will be released on two Bluray discs.
I don't believe that will happen.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3RollnThunder213Posted 8/27/2013 10:51:28 PM
I think with having unlimited cloud storage and the ability to play something in the middle of it being downloaded will make HDD space irrelevant. If you're that worried and only want to store things locally then see how long 500GB gets you and then add a 2 or 3TB external drive.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#4Millertime660Posted 8/27/2013 10:55:14 PM
RollnThunder213 posted...
I think with having unlimited cloud storage and the ability to play something in the middle of it being downloaded will make HDD space irrelevant. If you're that worried and only want to store things locally then see how long 500GB gets you and then add a 2 or 3TB external drive.

this is exactly what I was gonna say. Im fine with the HDD not being removable due to the fact that an official hard drive will be 3 times the price of a 3rd party. I never play more than a few games at a time anyways.
#5METALINGUS5150Posted 8/27/2013 10:55:15 PM
I doubt anything over 50gb.
#6LovecraftiangodPosted 8/27/2013 11:38:48 PM
Well considering some current gen games are already 20+ gigs I think toward the end of the next gen it will be double more in some rare cases
---
PSN kolobos212 The time has come when the normal revolt against time,space, and matter H.P. Lovecraft
#7AwayFromHerePosted 8/28/2013 12:32:51 AM
Foppe posted...
PC games runs on better hardware and look much better than console games, and they are still being distributed on DVD's.
And MGS5 being 70GB means that it will be released on two Bluray discs.
I don't believe that will happen.

Ever wonder why you have to install PC games that are on disc?

They're compressed immensely. Hitman Absolution, PC retail, 2 discs, at most 18GB. PC download 24GB.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.