X1 FCC certification (Major Nelson confirms)

#1MrImpatient35Posted 8/28/2013 5:36:23 AM
I thought this would be more official than the other post about this. http://www.videogamer.com/news/xbox_one_passed_fcc_certification_before_ps4.html

Xbox One passed FCC certification "earlier this summer before PS4", Microsoft's Larry Hryb has revealed, suggesting that the console had been further along in the production cycle than Sony's platform.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#2Xbox4everPosted 8/28/2013 5:38:14 AM
Was this ways a big thing? I don't ever recall anyone babbling about FCC certification last generation.
---
Phenom II X6 1055T@ 2.8 GHz | CM Storm Enforcer | 8 GB DDR3 RAM | HT Omega Claro Plus | MSI GTX 560 Ti TFII | 1.0 TB HDD | XL2370-1 23" |
#3LapanuiPosted 8/28/2013 5:38:31 AM
I did post the Reddit source in the previous FCC thread, think I should of created a new topic, but I knew what some people were going to do and it wasn't going to be pretty...
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#4LapanuiPosted 8/28/2013 5:39:49 AM
Xbox4ever posted...
Was this ways a big thing? I don't ever recall anyone babbling about FCC certification last generation.

It's because people are trying to one up the other. This wouldn't be an issue or a big thing if Sony hadn't announced their FCC approval.
---
#5ItIsOkBroPosted 8/28/2013 5:45:25 AM
How does the FCC work because the upclock happened after which must change things.
---
I'm wrong for the right.
#6SamcroReaperPosted 8/28/2013 5:48:07 AM
But the Sony fanboys in the other thread said it didn't? Surely they know more than people that are actually paid to know these things?
#7BadLuckIncPosted 8/28/2013 5:48:47 AM
It's called the power of the internet, and every whiny child that want's to argue and complain about such trivial things has a voice anonymously.

I could care less about all this fiasco as I already have had the Day One edition pre-ordered a while back, and will be patiently waiting for it to arrive at my doorstep :)
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#8LapanuiPosted 8/28/2013 5:51:16 AM
BadLuckInc posted...
It's called the power of the internet, and every whiny child that want's to argue and complain about such trivial things has a voice anonymously.

I could care less about all this fiasco as I already have had the Day One edition pre-ordered a while back, and will be patiently waiting for it to arrive at my doorstep :)

This is how I see it. People who aren't bothered about this FCC approval are going to get an X1 anyway. Those who are bothered were most likely not going to get an X1 in the first place.

The console is still being released, if you are getting one regardless, why should it matter when it get's approved, as long as they release the console within the estimated date...

Some people...
---
#9LaKost117Posted 8/28/2013 5:51:35 AM
ItIsOkBro posted...
How does the FCC work because the upclock happened after which must change things.

If I remember correctly the upclock would mean they would have to be sent to the FCC again for approval. I may not be remembering correctly though.
#10BadLuckIncPosted 8/28/2013 5:52:27 AM
ItIsOkBro posted...

"The main thing the FCC wants to know is how it receives and transmits wireless signals and any electromagnetic interference levels."

Basically sums it up. It's more to do with the communication of a piece of hardware/device and how it will interfere with other surrounding signals in it's proximity.
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk